[Open Assets] M_Zim's Base for 2.0 (M_Zimsbase20.wad)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glaber

Emblem Radar Ready
In honor of the Invader Zim thing going on on the Nicktoons network. I have ported Zim's base with a few additions. The nice thing about the level slot used is, I didn't have to modify the level hedder of Infernal Cavern Zone to point to here, because it already was!

Changes:
* Bookshelf has a back
*TV has feet
*Table has been rounded out more
* Couch has cushion dividers
*All weapon rings avaible

Not changed:
The level header of the previous level in the list. It's already set to go here.

Screens{All screen shots had been deleted due to photobucket's throttling}

Download!
http://www.mediafire.com/?ivmnnyeomjz
See attachment for zip

Why can't the attachment system accept non-zipped wads?

Attachments

• M_Zimsbase20.zip
    854.4 KB · Views: 1,295
Last edited:
That's small enough to be an attachment, please upload it as such.

I am not sure about this one. You ported a level that wasn't really good for 1.09.4 and you didn't really fix too many of the structural issues with it. It is still very much a lolrail zone. I think that you should either fix some of the gameplay elements of this zone that it lacks (like proper cover from rail shots). Otherwise, you just have a boring level that is banking on the "nostalgic" factor to save it.

Sorry for the late response, but I was sort of expecting that this level would be pretty much a port with tiny fixes. Even though it *works* I would be unsure what we would think about ports like these. I didn't want to play through a level that wasn't that great back in the 1.09.4 days. Anyway, I think you would have far more success if you try to fix the gameplay issues of these maps if you could and forget about the "nostalgic" factor.

EDIT: I figure I let this through so you can hear what other people have to say so that you can improve on the level. I think this level has the potential of being good if you are willing to improve on the design rather then just leaving it like this. I think you should ALWAYS try to improve on the structures of the levels if you want to port something in the future.

Last edited:
Brilliant! I always loved Zim's base. I can unerstand what you mean, Torgo, regarding the structure, but I've always had a soft spot for these match places where you're (appearing to be, anyway) very small in a normal sized place. So downloading this. I will say this though. The blackness, where I think like, the exit of the room was, could've been replaced with some thing else, to maybe make it look a bit better. It sticks out in a very ugly sort of way.

Never really liked OR played the level in 1.09.4, so I can't really say anything about this. Still, good job porting it!.......Well, that's about it.

I only really liked this level since it was based of Zim, and I friggin love that show.
Maybe get rid of the Rail Rings and it would be a little better.

As an Invader Zim fan i just want to say Thank You.
This will go nicely with the Zim port I downloaded yesterday. Now If only I could make character wads I could have Tak and Zim have a match in this level.

I actually like this level along with Zero Ring. It just needs SOME work to prevent it being a "lolrail" zone. Also, Invader Zim is back on Nick?

EDIT: I see I accidentally bumped... I that case I need to add more. The level should include things for people to hide behind so they don't get railed. May I suggest a pizza box on the floor.

EDIT AGAIN: Ya, did not know Invader Zim was back for 3 years...

Last edited:
I actually like this level along with Zero Ring. It just needs SOME work to prevent it being a "lolrail" zone. Also, Invader Zim is back on Nick?

EDIT: I see I accidentally bumped... I that case I need to add more. The level should include things for people to hide behind so they don't get railed. May I suggest a pizza box on the floor.

EDIT AGAIN: Ya, did not know Invader Zim was back for 3 years...

To be honest, I didn't know either. I'll take that pizza box into consideration should I decide to touch up the level, but before then, I'll need to see how one would look in the cartoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back