ArchPack v2.0 (scmrtf_archpack.wad + Parts pack) [Outdated version]

Status
Not open for further replies.
He made those after he made Miscellaneous Trip. Kinda obvious, eh?

EDIT: If you mean the order, I think:
1st - Miscellaneous Trip
2nd - Lift Bridge
3rd - Water Plant
4th - Mill Citadel 1
5th - Aqueduct Circuit
6th - Mill Citadel 2
7th - Mill Citadel 3

[Also, this post will be updated later with reviews of all the levels.]

Last edited:
All the levels look great, but just a few errors I found...

No colormap:
wpz1.png

Look closely here and you can see water falls inside the water:
wpz2.png
and here:
wpz4.png
So yeah, gotta fix those. :P

Let's go per parts...

So yeah, gotta fix those. :P

About colormap issue:

Colormap is broken in moving water FOFs under solid FOFs. WPZ had EVEN a colormap....

srb20701.png

... beautiful. No? But I was forced to remove it because of ugly effect that this causes. See Deep Sea Zone 1, get left path and get the 1st room where the water rises. As you can see there, the colormap doesn't work under solid FOFs, this is like if... FOFs cast light under the water.

Maybe I apply colormap everywhere, except the ciscern. Then we'd get this effect:

srb20780.png

... a tad odd. Water is always either transparent or blue. I should make a choice.

About cascade texture:

Ezer.Arch said:
Known problems

- Cascade graphic glitch in WPZ (trying to fix it for v0.4);

And...

Unfortunately, I couldn't fix the zoomtubes of Lift Bridge: the camera keeps getting suck over the bridge. Water Plant Zone has "a cascade inside the water" (go to the cistern to see). Both errors didn't exist in v1.09.4a and I'm not able to fix them in 2.0, maybe I try again.

About Arch Pack history:

Miscellaneous Trip was made for 1.09.4, but I renamed it twice. For whose who want to know the order how the maps were made: http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/User:Ezer'Arch#Arch_Pack

Last edited:
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg57/EzerArch/Water%20Plant%20Match%20Zone/srb20701.png

... beautiful. No?

No, it looks positively disgusting. Gross. I'm glad there's no colormap. Lack of colormaps is best for multiplayer stages anyway. Makes it easier to tell who's who.

No, it looks positively disgusting. Gross. I'm glad there's no colormap. Lack of colormaps is best for multiplayer stages anyway. Makes it easier to tell who's who.

Why does it matter who is who? In match it just about shooting others, and in tag, you probably still see the big IT sign.

I think the colormap looked good, but oh well.

No Colormap in water is like being on regular ground but with the ability to drown. Seriously, no colormap in water is ugly. It does not look good nor does it give you that in-the-water feeling.
If you think having no colormap in water looks good, I'll be honest with you, you got no good taste in what looks good visually.

Why does it matter who is who?

Team matches and looking for who has the emmys.

No Colormap in water is like being on regular ground but with the ability to drown. Seriously, no colormap in water is ugly. It does not look good nor does it give you that in-the-water feeling.
If you think having no colormap in water looks good, I'll be honest with you, you got no good taste in what looks good visually.

Playability > looks. A colormap is fine if it's light enough, and underwater colormaps help tell the player if he/she is underwater, but colormaps have to be used well to not confuse people with other people. Also, colormap water =/= real water; in real life, it's more like a fog block, if the water is that salty or whatever that makes it foggy looking, and clearer water has no real tinting of color, even when the surface is blue.

With that said, how about a moving Fog Block instead of colormapping the water? would that work?

Last edited:
Frankly, a map with gray stone walls without a different color looks too much grayish and bright.

th_srb20774.png
old vs. current
th_srb20833.png

I missed the blue colormap when I removed it.

Maybe *very* light blue colormap could make things look better; but at this moment, I'd need to figure out how to fix the problem with colormap under the FOFs first.

(see, I used a standard blue colormap, I don't intend to use such color saturation)

Last edited:
To make the colormap appear under the FOFs, you can just make an invisible, intangible FOF under that platform, with the colormap you need.

I liked it Ezer Arch it is cool. When I played the lift bridge Zone the zoom tubes weren't broken.

Sonic Jr

The much easier solution is to make the FOF not cast shadows.

I tried it, but I'd like the footbridge casts shadows and.... but hey! shadows can't even get through the water. It's better to remove it; it's worthless keeping it there.

When I played the lift bridge Zone the zoom tubes weren't broken.

Zoom tubes (itself) aren't broken. What I meant was: the camera gets stuck over the uppermost FOF that closes the tubes, if you're playing with 3rd person camera. But, this isn't a problem that only happens with zoom tubes, sometimes when you toggle CHASECAM under a solid FOF, the camera may get stuck over the FOF too.

You done nice work with dis wad
:D

Thanks. ^^

You're only issue: You CANNOT access the single player levels via Level Select. Fix this please.

You're only issue: You CANNOT access the single player levels via Level Select. Fix this please.

Whoa!? Someone else could confirm it. I remember I could use level select some times.

Remember, my levels don't use a blank level pick (the write ? in a black screen) in Level Select, but actual screens taken from levels.

Last edited:
You have control sectors! I'm so happy for you.

Seriously, am I supposed to be guessing that this is a redesigned Mill Citadel or something? I can't tell anything from the Doom Builder grid, of all things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back