ArchPack v2.0 (scmrtf_archpack.wad + Parts pack) [Outdated version]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? No one downloaded Lift Bridge and Water Plant for v0.3?

I changed Lift Bridge's texture set and finished Water Plant's port. I'd appreciate some comments about.

EDIT: Well, I'm asking because I could include them into v0.3 release definitely .

Last edited:
A script to add Arch Pack and change levels

If you are having problems to add Arch Pack in your servers, I have a little script to help you on it. Follow the procedures below:

1) Open up or create an autoexec.cfg (stored in SRB2 folder).

2) Copy and paste this line in autoexec.cfg:

Code:
exec "archpackscript.txt"
or... (if you want to save the scripts in a separate folder, like "scripts"):

Code:
exec "scripts/archpackscript.txt"
... now save and close autoexec.cfg

3) Download the attachment below (in this very post's footer) and unzip, you'll find two txt files. They are the scripts. Move them to SRB2 folder or scripts folder (if you've created it).

4) Start up SRB2, you'll see the message "ARCH PACK script was loaded successfully. Have fun playing!" prompting on the screen (open the console to make sure).

- The help command is ARCHHELP, here you'll find all other commands
- ARCH adds Arch Pack in the server.

If something went wrong, cry out loud here.

Attachments

• archpackscripts.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 711
Last edited:
Can you put a file sendind website link on there? My .zip extractor can't extract one directly from this site for some retarded (pardon me if I offended you) reason.

Two new testing releases for v0.3

To commemorate 5,000 page views and 457 downloads, I'm releasing two more testings releases for Arch Pack v0.3:

- Lift Bridge Zone received more Super Ring Monitors (2 out of them spawn randomly for the LULZ). A player on my server pointed me out LBZ has so few Super Ring Monitors. He's right. So, that's it.

- Misc Realm Zone was renamed to Miscellaneous Trip (Yea, why should I sit under Mystic Realm's shadow?). Also, remaining broken spikes were fixed; I tested them all. It's a minor thing, but at least players will no longer shove it on my face every time I host the pack: "-- LOL, spikes FAIL!!! they dont werk XD")

Check out the 1st post to download and test them. If no one complains, they'll be included into main pack.

That's all.

Last edited:

To commemorate 5,000 page views and 457 downloads
Oh my god!!! He just hit the MAGIC number of 457!!! Let's party!

To be serious, I'm glad you renamed Misc Realm Zone because the name really WAS a bad pun. Miscellaneous Trip sounds nice, however. (I remember that the level was originally called "Ezer.Arch's Level Zone" or something. EVERYTHING is better than that.)

Oh my god!!! He just hit the MAGIC number of 457!!! Let's party!

Uh....thanks. ¬¬'

I'm glad you renamed Misc Realm Zone because the name really WAS a bad pun.

...and all this time you never told me that. D:

Mill Cidatel Zone song reminds me Serious Sam 2.

Don't stare at me. All songs I used are from SRB2's official package.

I love this pack, the best map is Misc Trip.

That was my 1st map ever.

Last edited:
I was just kidding. :)

I joined a server that had Arch Pack today. Server told me the the music doesn't fit (Tunes 137). I said:

- No SRB2 tunes fits into this level.
- Custom music
- I don't know how to custom music... You have any idea?
- No
- Then don't complain about the music =P
- XD

Last edited:
127 would fit nice, probably.

And custom music is super easy. Just stick the tune in, name the lump O_MAPxxM, and there ya go.

Nice Job on updates as far as I can see. New spike fixes and Misc. Trip name are pretty good!

- Lift Bridge Zone received more Super Ring Monitors (2 out of them spawn randomly for the LULZ). A player on my server pointed me out LBZ has so few Super Ring Monitors. He's right. So, that's it.

La la la la la la laaaaaaaaaaaaa, He mentioned me! XD

Arch Pack v0.3 is out!

Arch Pack v0.3 is out!

This release makes all changes and fixes of testing releases permanent and adds few more little things.

Lift Bridge Zone received a new texture set and barriers on the bridge; Water Plant Zone's port was finished; and Mill Citadel Zone 1 and 2 is now Tag/Hide&Seek semi-supported. If you intend to play H&S there, I'd recommend to use a HIDETIME 60 or 75 and TIMELIMIT 4 or 5.

This pack has now a new and decent MAINCFG, but no emblems, no unlockables, no custom material... at this moment. Along with the level pack, I added a batch file that starts SRB2 up with Arch Pack and script for servers.

About Miscellaneous Trip Zone: please, don't complain about glitches and flaws, it'll be kept as it is now. It's my 1st map. Also, I added 2 tokens there too: one quite simple, other... well, good luck.

Unfortunately, I couldn't fix the zoomtubes of Lift Bridge: the camera keeps getting suck over the bridge. Water Plant Zone has "a cascade inside the water" (go to the cistern to see). Both errors didn't exist in v1.09.4a and I'm not able to fix them in 2.0, maybe I try again.

Finally, thanks for 635 downloads and 58 installs. And, who knows, I'll release more stuffs in v0.4 release.

See 1st post for downloads.

Changes for Arch Pack, v0.3 beta (2009.12.18):

- ADD: MCZ1 and 2 - Tag/Hide&Seek semi-supported (use -force parameter);
- ADD: MTZ - more 2 tokens;
- ADD: LBZ - more Super Ring Monitors;
- ADD: LBZ - few new elements in the level architecture (e.g.: barriers);
- ADD: level select pics;
- FIX: MTZ - remaining broken spikes were fixed;
- FIX: MTZ - quicksand is now animated;
- CHANGE: MCZ1 and 2 - few minor fixes and improvements in the level architecture;
- CHANGE: MCZ1 and 2 - new sky;
- CHANGE: MCZ2 - tunes changed, plays MCZ1's tunes now;
- CHANGE: Misc Realm Zone was renamed to Miscellaneous Trip;
- CHANGE: LBZ - new texture set;
- CHANGE: LBZ - new positions for emerald spawn points;
- CHANGE: LBZ - minor changes in level design to facilitate visibility;
- CHANGE: WPZ - fully 2.0 weapon system;
- CHANGE: WPZ - new sky;
- CHANGE: WPZ - some changes in textures;
- CHANGE: WPZ - tag start point;
- CHANGE: new MAINCFG.

If you download and install this add-on, I'd ask you to click on Mark as Installed (see 1st post), to receive notifications regarding updates.

That's all.

Last edited:
Which is good. Unless you play a netgame and download new versions automatically that way.

Also, we noticed a little problem with the spikes right before the Detons (yes, there are DETONS in this level). Sufficeth to say, lol the spikes not in the center area don't hurt you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back