ArchPack v2.0 (scmrtf_archpack.wad + Parts pack) [Outdated version]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mill Citadel 1 & 2: 8/10: Quite well done. it has good scenery and gimmicks. The problem in here is that this zone is infested with crawlas. Now that we have new enemies, hardly any people uses them. There are here to give more variation with the levels, you know.

Mill Citadel 3: 9/10: The stage itself gives the boss an advantage because since he retreats for awhile you have to wait for it to come back.

Misc Realm: 6,5/10: Straight-Forward stage I must say. Though there is some platforming which gives you some points

Aqueduct Circuit: 3,5/10: Thok, thok, thok, *booiiing*, thok, thok, *booiiing*, thok, thok. And multiply that by 3 to get this. The graphics were good though.

Lift Bridge: 9/10: It's nice and plays well, do I need to say more?

Water Plant: 8/10: It's nice and plays well but... Where is mah ammo?!

Mill Citadel 1 & 2: 8/10: Quite well done. it has good scenery and gimmicks. The problem in here is that this zone is infested with crawlas. Now that we have new enemies, hardly any people uses them. There are here to give more variation with the levels, you know.

Water Plant: 8/10: It's nice and plays well but... Where is mah ammo?!
You do know that all of these levels were made for 1.09.4? Mill Citadel WILL get new enemies and WPZ WILL get ammo as stated in the first post. They're just not finished yet.

Maggot, probably you have an outdated version. I suggest you download the level pack again from here.

(bold post is bold)

Special EDIT:

Arch Pack v0.2 was downloaded 100 times since last release.

Last edited:
Slight collision oversight:

notsoprickly.png

I have one worthwhile complaint only: knowing the lag tendency of netplay, I second the notion of sticking blocks or something in front of the Lift Bridge zoom chute openings for getting in them easier. Beyond that, nothing. This pack rocks. Crazy good times.

Edit: Oh, might want to fix it so it doesn't cut to the credits after Misc Realm...

Last edited:
You all can expect 0.3 release in some days. Bugs are being fixed and I'm working on new things and doing experiences.

Perhaps, we'll have some surprises.

EDIT: I forgot a thing:

Thanks FlashTHD, this "bug" was fixed.

Last edited:
Arch Pack still lives! Today, I want to show you some little progress of Arch Pack.

Mill Citadel Zone:

I'm studying and working on new rooms and gimmicks. Crawlas and Buzzes are going to be replaced with better fitting enemies. Tests with swinging mace and rotating mace are going very good:

... it was a pain setting them. SRB2Wiki didn't have enough material that teaches you how to set them. I had to discover it by my own.

Grain cascade will receive a new animated texture. Maybe I change the color of it...

...and some architectural improvements:

Lift Bridge Zone: new position for emerald spawn points.

Water Plant Zone: finishing new weapon system.

Last, thanks for downloading Arch Pack 333 times.

Breaking news

Sonic visits Mill Citadel Zone Act 2's renewal, meets Robo-Hood and poses for a photo.

More images: http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/gg57/EzerArch/Mill Citadel Zone - Act 2/V2

Last edited:
Looks good, Arch. Kudos for figuring out the maces. Maybe you'll be the one to write a page on the wiki about them? Anyway, the improvements are looking interesting with the new gimmicks.

P.S - Your welcome for downloading; my pleasure :D

I need to know some things before stepping forward:

Crawlas and Buzzes are going to be replaced with better fitting enemies.

Enemies I think of for MCZ1 and 2:

- Blue/Red Crawlas: REMOVE
- Crawlas Commanders: REMOVE
- Gold/Red Buzz: REMOVE
- Pop-up turret: KEEP
- Egg Knight: ADD
- Robo-Hood: ADD
- Sharp: ADD

EDIT: obviously I'll change some rooms and gimmicks.

Also, I think of changing the sky/weather. I'd glad if I receive suggestions.

Last edited:
Aw, keep the Crawlas. They're good for comedy (swirling around in the dust), a decent hazard for the careless, and it's fun running em down in big chains so you can rack up 50,000 points by the end of the zone without going for a fast time.

I liked the pack first time I played Mill citadel I loved it.You get the Eggmanfan Ceal of Eggyniess (Thats a good thing)

Aw, keep the Crawlas. They're good for comedy (swirling around in the dust), a decent hazard for the careless, and it's fun running em down in big chains so you can rack up 50,000 points by the end of the zone without going for a fast time.
But that's doesn't compensate the fact that
a. they're generic.
b. they don't fit the theme.
c. they're ridiculously easy and practically useless.

And the fact that you can score on them so easily makes it even worse.

^ I agree. You should change the enemy lineup. The one that you have posted is pretty much perfect for the level, Ezer. As for the sky, you could change it to a more cloudy sky, but it could also be fine the way it is. I guess it's a matter of preference mainly.

Well, I tried twice to download the attachment by using IE: I failed. So, I'm providing a MIRROR link (see 1st post). Use it only if you've tried to download the forum attachment once and failed.

(uh?... seems there's something different today on forum index)

Last edited:
0.3 alpha of Lift Bridge Zone and Water Plant Zone

I'm releasing two new versions of Lift Bridge Zone and Water Plant Zone for testing purposes. Feel free to test them; feedbacks are welcome:

The changes:

Lift Bridge Zone - MAPC2 (CTF)
- received a new texture set;
- new positions for emerald spawn points;
- minor changes in level design to facilitate visibility.

Water Plant Zone - MAPC3 (Match/Tag)
- fully 2.0 weapon system;
- new sky;
- some changes in textures;
- tag start point.

Both maps will be in 0.3 beta release.

Download:
http://ezerarch.uuuq.com/files/f_liftbridge_a03.zip
http://ezerarch.uuuq.com/files/mt_waterplant_a03.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back