ArchPack v2.0 (scmrtf_archpack.wad + Parts pack) [Outdated version]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ArchPack v2.0 is out! 4 new maps + parts pack

ArchPack 2.0 features 3 new single-player maps and 1 casual map; a small unlockable system with 15 emblems and 9 special stage tokens.

8p16jZZ.png

New maps:

3 Single player maps, Genesis Keep Zone Acts 1, 2 and 3 are now included in the main pack before Mill Citadel Zone. This zone has got a few hidden rooms and items.

The casual map is Soccer Field Zone, an experiment I had made when SRB2ME was released. It's a soccer field with a ball to mess around. It was included in the 0.6 release, nobody noticed, I removed it, but it seems the people on YouTube liked it. So it's back as unlockable. Check the Secret List in the game menu after you've completed the pack once. (This map is multiplayer compatible for co-op, match and tag. To access it, type MAP MAPC4 in the console. Make sure to host it on Casual Room)

Savegame, Statistics, Time Attack, Secrets and Emblems:

This version records savegames, statistics, emeralds and emblems collected and time attacks. Sorry, time attacks and statistics from older versions are broken.

15 emblems were included. Collect them all and Soccer Field is unlocked. Now collecting tokens can give you the chance to go super in the latest maps.

Know issues:

1) I know there are some hall-of-mirrors in GKZ2. I'll try to fix them for the next release, if possible.

2) There is a bug in the emblems/unlockable system, vanilla unlockables "leak" into this mod, and it counts more emblems than it is supposed to.

An ArchPack 2.1 release to fix a part of these things is expectable.

ArchPack, it ends here. Parts pack:

A few months ago I changed my priorities. I decided that Genesis Keep Zone would be my last map. But people saw the screenshots and videos of other maps I was working on, it wouldn't be fair if I simply trash everything I have done just because it's unfinished. As I said here, there was no guarantee I would be finishing them all.

This video playlist shows a bit of these maps I was working on: SRB2 ArchPack Dev - Development of new maps. Now everything is out.

I then decided to release everything in form of parts pack. You can freely copy and use the parts in your project. Just copy, paste, modify if you want. Read the licence.txt.

Plus, I have some unfinished and scrapped maps too. You are allowed to open and learn from them, but not copy them since they have shape and character. But if you have a nice idea or project that could use or continue these maps, I would be glad to hear. I offered these maps and the parts once in a collab, but it seemed nobody cared. Now it's open. Read the licence.txt as well.

- These are unfinished maps. Water themed; it takes place in a flooded town with aqueducts, dams, tunnels and canals (Venice?). It is based on 4th room of Miscellaneous Trip Zone and Aqueduct Circuit Zone, both from ArchPack, and it was *slightly* inspired by Assassin's Creed II game.
- There is a lot of content, secrets, gimmicks and nice ideas. The control room, the same that can be found in ArchPack's 2nd acts, can be accessed by "figuring out" the secret passage in the lastest room of the act 2 and beating the challenge path (harder and longer than that of Mill Citadel Zone 2). Beware, something that ressembles Rexxon from Sonic Spinball is waiting for you.

Special stages tokens weren't supposed to be found outside in the map, but only in the control rooms in the 2nd acts, therefore 7 control rooms, 1 per zone.

There's a cool plot behind it.
I no longer feel like making new maps. But I'd be glad to help people with map editing and using the stuff I'm releasing. It's more rewarding; I don't want to be consumed with new maps.

Feel free to comment, ask questions. Feel free to contact me via private message, posting here or via my YouTube channel (complete list of ways of contacting me is there). Subscribe if you want, I'll post more videos about SRB2 and other things.

Now the same yadda-yadda

Please check the changelog below for details about the changes.

Along with the level pack, I added three batch files that start up SRB2, SRB2CB and XSRB2 with Arch Pack. Just save the stuff in SRB2 folder and double-click the batch file.

Finally, thanks for 487 downloads and 78 installs.

See 1st post for downloads.

ArchPack v2.0 change log (2013.07.14):

- ADD: General - unlockables.
- ADD: General - 15 emblems, 1st and 2nd act maps and MTZ have got 3 emblems each map.
- ADD: New map - Genesis Keep Zone Act 1 (GKZ1).
- ADD: New map - Genesis Keep Zone Act 2 (GKZ2).
- ADD: New map - Genesis Keep Zone Act 3 (GKZ3).
- ADD: New map - Soccer Field Zone (SFZ) is back as unlockable.
- CHANGE: General - tumbleweed sprites were replaced to make SFZ ball. See SOC section below.
- CHANGE: General - total number of emerald tokens is now 9.
- CHANGE: General - single player maps were renumbered. Old savegames, statistics, time-attacks are unsupported.
- CHANGE: MCZ2 - minor changes in the left path's 1st room. A few crates were moved and the path next to the exit enlarged.
- CHANGE: MTZ - emerald tokens removed.
- FIX: MCZ1 - wrong FOF height in the first room.

If you download and install this add-on, I'd ask you to click on Mark as Favorite (see 1st post, in Addon Information) to receive notifications regarding updates. And don't forget to rate this level by clicking on "Rating".

Short link for this topic
The short link for this add-on is bit.ly/i4AfGK

Last edited:
Sweet, I am going to give this a try. I liked what I played from Genesis Keep Act 1 and I looking forward to playing the rest when I get time. I will give feedback on the levels after I get a chance to play them a couple of times.

This is cool. I found 4 emeralds, 2 emblems, game in 8 mins and Genesis keep 2 under a minute. Thanks for updating. But I taught that vanilla maps was quite used idea. And solid falls in Mill Citadel were bit weird. Soccer field would be fun on server but not so fun in 1p. I lost many in Genesis keep when trying to find hidden things (But it was maybe my fault).Here is still fun to find emblems.

I found 4 emeralds, 2 emblems, game in 8 mins and Genesis keep 2 under a minute.
GKZ2 under 1 minute? I got 1:03 through the main path. I got 0:53 by using the somewhat-hidden upper path near the start.

Thanks for updating.
You and all are welcome. :)

But I taught that vanilla maps was quite used idea.
By chance, did you mean "But I thought that..."? Hope you don't mind if I ask. I'm no grammar authority since I fail at English writing a lot (not as much as speaking...), but anyway... ^^'

Let me explain why it is there: when you load my mod, all vanilla maps become "hidden" (they are still accessible via Multiplayer though) so that attention is focused only on the ArchPack maps. Once the player completes the pack, all vanilla maps are back via secrets menu.

Soccer field would be fun on server but not so fun in 1p.
I don't know, but... I usually have fun with simpler things. An empty room with Detons keeps me playing for much longer time than a normal map. This space-glider room came up by the same reason. It was a normal room of Star Station Zone, but I ended up enlarging it to the max SRB2 can stand and became a separate map.

In fact, this soccer field plays better in multiplayer. But it isn't a working soccer field: the goals don't detect the ball so that the teams can score points. It's rather a casual/role-play map than anything. If at least the ball were detect when it enter the goals, scores a point and it's teleported to the center... SRB2 had a gametype that somewhat worked like this but it was removed (the Ice Hokey).

{ About the spece-glider room: it's included in ArchPack-Parts.zip }

And solid falls in Mill Citadel were bit weird.
These are remains from SRB2 1.09.4, when this map was made. When I was making the flour falls (off-topic: I never got around to making proper textures for them), I tried to use intangible FOFs with vertical texture scroller, but it didn't work. Then I used either solid elements with texture scroller or continuous falling FOF.

When SRB2 2.0 came up, I replaced the old static texture with animated ones and removed the scroller.

I lost many in Genesis keep when trying to find hidden things
GKZ1 and 2 have a hidden room each.

The GKZ1 one is kind of known: SRB2 ArchPack Dev - A safe place to rest

The GKZ2 is this:

eVlBbAn.png

It's easy to find, hard to enter. Let me give you a tip:

Both in the air, door and key; both look and work in the same way, but both look and work differently.

Last edited:
GKZ2 under 1 minute? I got 1:03 through the main path. I got 0:53 by using the somewhat-hidden upper path near the start.

Sounds like I have to test other ways and find shortcuts.

By chance, did you mean "But I thought that..."? Hope you don't mind if I ask. I'm no grammar authority since I fail at English writing a lot (not as much as speaking...), but anyway... ^^'

I´m not an English master too.

In fact, this soccer field plays better in multiplayer. But it isn't a working soccer field: the goals don't detect the ball so that the teams can score points. It's rather a casual/role-play map than anything. If at least the ball were detect when it enter the goals, scores a point and it's teleported to the center... SRB2 had a gametype that somewhat worked like this but it was removed (the Ice Hokey).

This was actually very fun map. I played coop there yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back