Tortured Planet v9 (scmrtf_TorturedPlanet-v9.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having some problems with finding Knuckles' emblem for Alien Armageddon Act 1. According to the wiki, "After the chamber where you have to defeat two Crawla Commanders to proceed, at the entrance to the room full of boiling quicksand, turn left and climb the castle wall. The emblem is at the top."

So i'm trying to follow the instructions. After defeating the Commanders, i went forward. There was a swinging chain i had to use to get to the upper area, and i did so. A few steps shortly i was back outside where you could see the background, and like the wiki said, i saw tons of boiling quicksand.

I proceeded to turn left but there was no castle wall, it was just a regular rocky wall. I climbed up it anyway. No emblem in sight. There were a few castle walls here and there in the area, i climbed up them but i saw no emblem. I pretty much glided and climbed everywhere in the area, i couldn't find it. Is the information from the wiki outdated, or am i just missing something?

Having some problems with finding Knuckles' emblem for Alien Armageddon Act 1. According to the wiki, "After the chamber where you have to defeat two Crawla Commanders to proceed, at the entrance to the room full of boiling quicksand, turn left and climb the castle wall. The emblem is at the top."

So i'm trying to follow the instructions. After defeating the Commanders, i went forward. There was a swinging chain i had to use to get to the upper area, and i did so. A few steps shortly i was back outside where you could see the background, and like the wiki said, i saw tons of boiling quicksand.

I proceeded to turn left but there was no castle wall, it was just a regular rocky wall. I climbed up it anyway. No emblem in sight. There were a few castle walls here and there in the area, i climbed up them but i saw no emblem. I pretty much glided and climbed everywhere in the area, i couldn't find it. Is the information from the wiki outdated, or am i just missing something?

The mystery is part of the fun.

I'm not a particularly thread bump happy person, but I've got to leave my praise for this level pack here since I had to register again recently.

You probably don't consider some of this content your best, Fawful, but I've found it to be one of the few level packs to stand up to the main game in quantity and quality. I remember a much older time when most of the levels you produced were hammered in unashamed criticism by the community, but one look at the scale, atmosphere, and attention to detail in these massive maps really says how far you've come in general level design. The original music by Charybdizs only makes it better, it gives each level their own atmosphere; hearing new compositions that aren't taken from the main game is incredibly refreshing.

This is still my favorite level expansion for the game, and it's especially fun running through with Hinote. (Her special ability is great for rocketing out of the water.) Tortured Planet is a shining example of what members of this community can do with enough ambition and patience. Nicely done, Fawful!

I know this is probably considered ancient at this point, what with 2.1 out now and everything, but I have to say this level pack was and is beast. I can definitely tell a LOT of detail went into this one, and I'd love to see it revived for 2.1 as well.

SNZ2 and LGZ2 are two of my favorite maps in this pack by the way, keep up the good work!

I've been playing SRB2 since Final Demo, and I have to say that this is the most complete level pack that has been released. It is a bit troublesome to have to re-adjust to 2.0 controls every time I play it, though. Is a 2.1 conversation possible? It needs as much content as it can get right now, and this would be a welcomed addition.

I've been playing SRB2 since Final Demo, and I have to say that this is the most complete level pack that has been released. It is a bit troublesome to have to re-adjust to 2.0 controls every time I play it, though. Is a 2.1 conversation possible? It needs as much content as it can get right now, and this would be a welcomed addition.

Well I don't know Fawfulfan's plan for porting Tortured Planet to the latest version of SRB2 but for now, I would stick to just playing 2.0. One COULD just port the level headers so 2.1 can recognize the levels present but what a lot of people who try to do this usually forget everything else like textures, some linedef and sector actions, socs, you name it. Those are what we call unofficial ports which are bad and you should never play. Ever.

Only if he roasts Space Walk Zone and Alien Armageddon Zone in a campfire.

If anything, Space Walk Zone really needs to be redesigned or scrapped as a whole because the overall speed of the level is really slow and platforming is tedious as ever. I think Alien Armageddon Zone would look even cooler if Fawfulfan did some texture work to make it feel like a new planet taken over by Eggman rather than feeling like a mountainside castle level. Also the length for Alien Armageddon Zone is unbearable, I usually give up playing after I get a Game Over when I am almost done with Act 2.

Last edited:

You know, this kind

j8bzJ0gEVhfoU.jpg

Last edited:
Well I don't know Fawfulfan's plan for porting Tortured Planet to the latest version of SRB2 but for now, I would stick to just playing 2.0. One COULD just port the level headers so 2.1 can recognize the levels present but what a lot of people who try to do this usually forget everything else like textures, some linedef and sector actions, socs, you name it. Those are what we call unofficial ports which are bad and you should never play. Ever.

*Finger hovers over the 'play' button*

Okay, okay, I'll wait for an official conversion. :)

Now that you mention it, I never did get around to completing Space Walk Zone. I stumbled onto the "skip this zone" switch almost immediately on my first playthrough, and ended up pressing it again on my second go around. The concept for the level is creative, but upside-down platforming is a bit too much for the POV of SRB2 to handle, in my opinion.

I think Alien Armageddon Zone is a very good zone, though. The acts are a bit long, but the same could be said for a lot of acts in the game. I think AA1 might be the map with the swinging chain that gets stuck in the position you launch off of it, though. That could stand to use a fix. Note: I could be, and probably am, thinking of the wrong Zone. :P

Well, actually, if he manages to make a port of this mod for 2.1 and its emblem system, I wish him luck for setting up his Score emblems.
BTW, Most of the acts on this mod are fawfuly long, which makes the player only want to end the level and skip all the exploration that is present here.
About Spacewalk, I managed to beat it the first time, I given up at the act 2 because it was fucking slow, long, and boring... I would maybe create the whole zone/scrap it if I was you, a proof is that you added a SKIP button...
AAZ is really challenging tough, but tedious as Sonic... The levels are long (over 10:00!!)and all I wanted was actually end this (Or using exitlevel if it worked in singleplayer) for both acts... Anyways, porting this wouldn't be such an enormous pain, as textures just have to be single images, SOCs are not that hard to port, and most of the levels should work properly, an exception would maybe be Gritty Collums 2.

You know, this kind

[image]
The game should end after Liftoff Gantry with a cutscene of Sonic's rocket crashing into a mountain, and "The End" in fancy font fading in on the screen.

Well, actually, if he manages to make a port of this mod for 2.1 and its emblem system, I wish him luck for setting up his Score emblems.
BTW, Most of the acts on this mod are fawfuly long, which makes the player only want to end the level and skip all the exploration that is present here.
About Spacewalk, I managed to beat it the first time, I given up at the act 2 because it was fucking slow, long, and boring... I would maybe create the whole zone/scrap it if I was you, a proof is that you added a SKIP button...
AAZ is really challenging tough, but tedious as Sonic... The levels are long (over 10:00!!)and all I wanted was actually end this (Or using exitlevel if it worked in singleplayer) for both acts... Anyways, porting this wouldn't be such an enormous pain, as textures just have to be single images, SOCs are not that hard to port, and most of the levels should work properly, an exception would maybe be Gritty Collums 2.

While I will agree that probably over half of the levels in this game go on longer than a normal act should, I've never felt that the length caused me to not want to explore, or skip half the level. Quite the opposite, in fact. I much prefer long levels to short level, tho, so I may be biased in that regard.

Perhaps breaking up many of the zones into 3 acts and a Boss act might help the pacing for some people. It'd also be nice if SRB2 got with the times and let you reload your save file from act 2 or 3 of a zone, because I have run into times when I just don't feel like doing the second act at the moment. Having a completed save file negates the problem, but it's still a problem for first-time players.

The game should end after Liftoff Gantry with a cutscene of Sonic's rocket crashing into a mountain, and "The End" in fancy font fading in on the screen.

And then Sonic appears on screen and asks if you collected all the hidden library cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back