[Open Assets] [SRB2 Riders] D00D Kart 64 - Mario Kart Level Pack!

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D00D, I found two problems with Lovely Afternoon.
  • Add some borders. Why? Players will be more than likely to fall off bridges and that spiraling staircase at the tree. (While going up the staircase, some people that are drifting are more than likely to fall off.)
  • Add a gate at the way back to the start. Players may end up driving in front of the starting gate and must turn back to finish the lap.
Here are the problems with Black Bliss:
  • Stop using so many 90 degree turns. I had trouble when I was racing online with friends, and they complained about crashing into the wall.
  • Make an invisible sector for outside the fence. On the part where I get a Mushroom boost and fly to the next checkpoint, I sometimes get flown outside the fence and must die to get back in the fence.

Last edited:
That's a lot of problems.

EDIT: Wow, more! I might even have to re-evaluate my views on this pack.

Last edited:
D00D, I found two problems with Lovely Afternoon.
  • Add some borders. Why? Players will be more than likely to fall off bridges and that spiraling staircase at the tree. (While going up the staircase, some people that are drifting are more than likely to fall off.)
  • Add a gate at the way back to the start. Players may end up driving in front of the starting gate and must turn back to finish the lap.

1: It's easy enough to steer, and there are springs to get you back on track.
2: The path clearly shows how to get back to the beginning, I don't see how you can miss it.

Here are the problems with Black Bliss:
  • Stop using so many 90 degree turns. I had trouble when I was racing online with friends, and they complained about crashing into the wall.
  • Make an invisible sector for outside the fence. On the part where I get a Mushroom boost and fly to the next checkpoint, I sometimes get flown outside the fence and must die to get back in the fence.

1: Not happening. This is Eagle Cup, of COURSE this is going to happen. It's part of the level's edge and how it works.
2: There are parts where you can bounce back over the fence easily, though I am still considering doing this after numerous complaints.

Here are the problems with Monochrome Road:

This level has been cut ages ago. You are clearly using an old version, and thus, should re-evaluate again.

That's a lot of problems.

EDIT: Wow, more! I might even have to re-evaluate my views on this pack.

It does, and frankly, I don't even think I'll bother to finish them for quite some time; my constant peeves about SRB2 Riders, its lack of updating to fix a major bug discovered just hours after its normal release, limited possibilities, and the release of Mario Kart 7 pretty much killed off all interest I have towards this mod, so don't hold your breath on any fixes. Both this and SRB2 Riders are pretty damn broken.

It does, and frankly, I don't even think I'll bother to finish them for quite some time; my constant peeves about SRB2 Riders, its lack of updating to fix a major bug discovered just hours after its normal release, limited possibilities, and the release of Mario Kart 7 pretty much killed off all interest I have towards this mod, so don't hold your breath on any fixes. Both this and SRB2 Riders are pretty damn broken.

All true, but it's worth saying I was just being sarcastic. :p

Just curious, what bug were you talking about? The drifting one?

I found two more problems.

Here are the problems with Cloud Cradle:
  • Use diagonal springs. Some people have trouble trying to get past that pillar because you want them to "jump at the right angle". That won't work that way.
  • Leave the pillar alone. There is nothing special about that pillar, so stop making "tweaks" to it as it serves no purpose.
  • Again, stop with the numerous amount of 90 degree turns. Why? Because after that pillar, you have to grip left and then left again on that narrow road.
  • Why are there springs on that curve after the narrow road right before the tunnel? While someone is trying to drift through that spring part, they may end up hitting a spring and respawning at the checkpoint at the narrow road.
It's a good thing you made Cloud Cradle K-E. The original was harder.

Here are the problems with Bleeding Green:
  • Make the starting sector more wide. Why? Players are more than likely to miss the starting point after they complete a lap.
  • Make the Star Post Activator sectors more wide. Since the grass is huge, players are more than likely to miss the checkpoint.
  • The acid section is annoying. Why? It's hard to drift through there and everytime I touch it. I die and have to respawn from the last checkpoint.
In my honest opinion, I really didn't see the point of turning a level made by you into a kart level. It's pointless if you ask me.

I found two more problems.

Here are the problems with Cloud Cradle:
  • Use diagonal springs. Some people have trouble trying to get past that pillar because you want them to "jump at the right angle". That won't work that way.
  • Leave the pillar alone. There is nothing special about that pillar, so stop making "tweaks" to it as it serves no purpose.
  • Again, stop with the numerous amount of 90 degree turns. Why? Because after that pillar, you have to grip left and then left again on that narrow road.
  • Why are there springs on that curve after the narrow road right before the tunnel? While someone is trying to drift through that spring part, they may end up hitting a spring and respawning at the checkpoint at the narrow road.
It's a good thing you made Cloud Cradle K-E. The original was harder.

1: No, I made K-E for this very reason; so I don't have to diminish the original map.

2: I... don't think I've ever touched the pillar. Ever.

3: Hell no, that's what I love about it, and many other stages. I'm not changing it.

4: NO SHIT. That's the idea there.

Here are the problems with Bleeding Green:

Bleeding Green is not meant to be taken seriously in the slightest. It is a joke map, and nothing more. I forgot to hide it from the level select.

1: No, I made K-E for this very reason; so I don't have to diminish the original map.
Haha, "diminish". That's a good one. The original is stupid with unfair and annoying hazards while the "easy" version is actually fun to play.

The original is stupid with unfair and annoying hazards while the "easy" version is actually fun to play.

I have to agree, but only in terms of multiplayer gameplay ( Which of course, is the intention of all these levels.). I mean the latency that joiners may recieve can make an already difficult level one heck of a nightmare!

Actually, I rather enjoy playing the original Cloud Cradle K as opposed to the easy version, since it's one of the only levels that puts my skills to the test, though I'd usually feel this way, because I'm either playing it by myself, or I'm hosting a server(So latency wouldn't be an issue to me.).

I've yet to try joining a server with this level pack to get an idea of the difference in gameplay, but I get the feeling that the easy version will be more fun to play with others, due to latency probably not having too much of an effect as it would in the original.

Oh, that reminds me; In the original Cloud Cradle K, there's a little problem with the last checkpoint, where depending on what side you are on, will only activate one of the star posts. The problem being that if a player only activates the star post on the right, they'll remain on the same lap.

Strange, because hitting the left one alone however, works just fine.

I can't really tell the difference between Cloud Cradle K and K-E. maybe I should look harder.

Speaking of Cloud Cradle, sometimes the finish line fails to work entirely. I'm not sure if this happens in K, K-E, or both.

Sorry for the bump, and apologies if I sound strict when I say this, but there's one thing I need to bring up here before I tackle your maps that made it into vanilla SRB2kart.
4svGI.png

Riverside Park? No, that's Lakeside Park.

Last edited:
In Super Circuit, there's Riverside and Lakeside. Lakeside is the one with the volcano. Though I messed up and Riverside has Lakeside's music. I didn't bother changing it due to liking the latter more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back