scr_ChaoEarth.wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaotic Chao

horns Horns HORNS
This is a level pack I like to call SRB2: Chaotic Earth, or just Chao Earth for short. It's my first attempt at single player mapping. The pack aims to be a full-fledged level pack for SRB2 sometime in the future, with 8 zones, 3 acts each (not counting the boss), and no act exceeding 5 minutes in length (assuming a below-average amount of time exploring). As of right now, though, only the first zone, Lazy Shores Zone, is complete.

Although I want the levels to be short, my goal is that each one is packed with secrets, both easy to find and hard to find, so as to greatly encourage exploration. I can't express how much I love to look around and find treasure! In the process I hope my level design skills improve so that my levels do too, in turn.

Current Release: v0.1: A demo of the mod, only containing the first zone: Lazy Shores. It comes with an emblems guide too, even though there are only 9 emblems (10 if you count perfect bonus) and they unlock nothing as of now. But isn't it nice to know things?

Next Release: v0.2: The next version will contain the next 2 zones of the game. Every subsequent release will do the same, until all of the zones are done (unless I feel like making a 3rd zone before release...which will probably never happen ever. But, you never know).

Music list
Lazy Shores
Act 1: Summers - from EarthBound
Act 2: Island Area - from Kid Chameleon
Act 3: Fiji, Philippines - from Tekken 2 Arcade
So give it a try! Constructive, but kind criticism would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• srb20012.png
    srb20012.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,196
  • srb20013.png
    srb20013.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 1,133
  • srb20014.png
    srb20014.png
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,165
  • srb20017.png
    srb20017.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 1,152
  • scr_ChaoEarth.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,016
Last edited:
Acts 1 and 2 are simple. I think they need more detail and plataforms. About act 3, I really enjoyed it. The water slide part was really nice!

By the way, congrats on your first single player level wad! I would recomend to make the levels bigger (you know, so there is a lot of places to explore) and visually beautiful (so it will be fun to explore).

Thanks for the advice. Truth be told, scenery is probably my biggest weakness...
Don't worry though, I'm sure I'll get some friends to help beautify things.

On a side note, act 3 of Diamond Square is unfinished, whereas acts 1 and 2 are. Just pointing that out for the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back