Green Valley Zone (Version 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first zone of the mod i am making, Mr Triangle 3D.
Note:No sprites or characters have been made for the mod yet, so this is just the level.

Attachments

• srb20042.png
    srb20042.png
    166.4 KB · Views: 1,020
  • srb20041.png
    srb20041.png
    149.4 KB · Views: 944
  • scr_greenvalleyzonev2.zip
    78 KB · Views: 717
Last edited:
I second Kirblord; screenshots can honestly be the difference between a person playing your maps and a person ignoring your maps for lack of interest.

Anyway, after playing all three acts once, I must say that it feels like a decline in quality from the moment I start playing.

Act 1 seems so much more finished than Act 2, and the boss act is really nothing special. I think that using grass edges and what-not in more areas than just around death pits can really beef up the maps, and maybe throwing in some interesting gimmicks and areas here and there.

It's a pretty nice level for the most part.
I like the idea you're going with- But maybe try adding more obstacles instead of enemies.

The maps seem very open and just uninteresting compared to the others-
And the areas are flooded with enemies, which just makes it feel a little unbalanced.
Not to sound harsh, but the levels themselves look like they're in really early betas. There's not much too them. There's too many wide open spaces in my opinion.

The Boss area is actually nice.
It's a little small for me, but I like the little "hiding area" that was put in, and I like the ledge you can climb to knock Eggman down, in case he flies up too high.

However, The biggest problem I see with the wad right now is that the first level is virtually impossible for characters like Amy and Silver since you NEED spindash in it.
Maybe there was another path that I missed but from what I played there is no other way around the level than using spindash and putting in an area that needs spindash will really draw away from the playability since, like I pointed out, characters like Amy and Silver don't have a spindash.

But, again, Maybe there is an alternate path you can take that I missed.

However, The biggest problem I see with the wad right now is that the first level is virtually impossible for characters like Amy and Silver since you NEED spindash in it.
Yeah, but its not meant for character wads (other than the one that will be in my mod.), it was made with Sonic-Tails-Knuckles and the character that will be in my mod in mind.

Also, i'm going to update this soon, to fix some oversights in act 2, and add some new stuff.
EDIT:The update is now out!

Last edited:
Mostly good job. I found some secret things and you kept the theme all the time. (Some people fail with that two things)

I still have some suggestions to improve this:
Make the narrow places larger, so there would be much more fun to move.
Make the colormap for all the water.
Make grass borders to the grassy areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back