Original Super Smash Brother Thread (And Virtual Console in)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

Silverslug said:
Next month Nintendo will take a step backwards with the Super Smash Brothers series. The first game in the series, Nintendo All Star Dairantou Smash Brothers as its known in Japan, will be available as a Virtual Console download in Japan for 1,200 Wii Points ($12).

Gamers in Japan have to fork over an extra 200 Wii Points compared to a regular Nintendo 64 game for Super Smash Brothers, but Nintendo of America probably won’t pull this stunt. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Time had the same issue when it came out last January, but Nintendo of America gave it to us for 1,000 Wii Points ($10).

Since Nintendo of Japan is ready to release Super Smash Brothers as a Virtual Console game in 2009 we can look forward to getting it next year too. That’s about all we have to look forward to getting from Japan’s January 2009 Virtual Console schedule unless a lost translation of Kaze no Densetsu Xanadu is in a file cabinet just waiting to be unloaded as a Virtual Console import.

Here’s what Japan starts the year with.

Famicom (500 Wii Points)
Detective Saburo Jinguuji: The Dangerous Duo Part One*
Getsufuu Maden
Zoids: Mokushiroku

Nintendo 64 (1,200 Wii Points!)
Super Smash Brothers

Master System (500 Wii Points)
Fantasy Zone II: Opa Opa no Namida (FFFF YA)

Mega Drive (600 Wii Points)
Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair

PC Engine
Rastan Saga 2 *
Kaze no Densetsu Xanadu (800)
Spelunker mark 2 (800)
Champion Wrestler

Images courtesy of Nintendo.

Lets discuss the original game.
Are you ready for the port?
I really want to try it out,wonder if its better then Brawl.

Super Smash Bros. 64? I already have all three, so I probably don't need this.

The whole trio is great, really. Though, I think the first two were a little more impressive for their time.

The 64 version defentely felt newer when I played it compared to Brawl. But you probaly won't like it if you only played the other two, because on that version, you can't use a side special.

I actually played 64 after melee. ^^; I did love the levels a lot. And Polygons > Wire frames. :P

EDIT: Has anyone played as Master Hand yet? I can't find my N64, so I can't try it out. -_-;

Chao Freak 1 said:
And Polygons > Wire frames. :P

Unquestionably. I think the Polygons are a lot more interesting than Melee's bland two types of wire frames. At least there were four types of alloys in Brawl. :\

Yea it was nice, but A attacks felt kinda weird, like Fox´s Smash Right A, to throw his body in air while spinning? THATS CRAZY!

Anyways this was funny when I first played it, and it still is, feels more like a many- people fighting game.

Actually I think is better option to play with friends since it´s simple-knocky and funny (in the hilardious way)

Chao Freak 1 said:
Has anyone played as Master Hand yet? I can't find my N64, so I can't try it out. -_-;

You can't play as Master Hand. You can battle him, but he's not a playable character. Hasn't been and probably never will be.

Gemini Spark said:
Chao Freak 1 said:
Has anyone played as Master Hand yet? I can't find my N64, so I can't try it out. -_-;

You can't play as Master Hand.
If you use gameshark codes you can, but its hard to use him without the game crashing

A classic game it is. It was fun but whenever I go back to play it I keep thinking you can charge your over attack. Back then was when the throw button actually did good damage. If it was on the Wii Shop channel then I would get it asap.

I used to be weak in the game but now I use my head when I play.

I hope they tighten up the controls a bit, instead of a straight port. I tried it with my GC controller on an emulator, and it is just horrible. Nearly unplayable because you keep doing stuff you don't want to. And yes, I tried messing with the settings, nothing helped.

Chao Freak 1 said:
EDIT: Has anyone played as Master Hand yet? I can't find my N64, so I can't try it out. -_-;
He is pretty simplistic to control. Yet, you can't finish a battle with him, and you can easily screw with your controls to fall into a pit forever.

I have SSB64 at my house, at it is the most played N64 game I have. Though it may feel weird to hear this, but I prefer this over the rest of the series. Seems more fresh.

I remember I saw a cheat to unlock master hand on youtube. I think it involved moving the little hand in the character select screen 30 times or so, and then you can play as him.

I don't know if I would get this, since I don't really have anyone to play with (I have friends, I just don't like inviting them over a lot.)

Actually...I heard it wasn't a cheat.
As some people said they like "Hacked" it to play Master hand and its hard to play as him without the game crashing.

Autosaver said:
Actually...I heard it wasn't a cheat.
As some people said they like "Hacked" it to play Master hand and its hard to play as him without the game crashing.

True. It is hard to play as him with out the game crashing but it still is fun to play as him. Same goes for all the other unplayable characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back