SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Lua

LMS (Last Man Standing) Details »»
LMS (Last Man Standing)
Developer Last Online: Sep 2017

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (2 votes - 3.20 average)
Released: 04-21-2016 Last Update: Never Installs: 1
Scripts Re-Useable Content Is in Beta Stage

A game mode inspired by Skulltag, now here to annoy/entertain you in SRB2.

Last Man Standing
Or LMS for short

This Lua, when added and then enabled, lets you turn Match into a survival of the fittest, as you have a limited number of lives and a more scarce resource of rings, weapons, and shields.

Goal:
Be the only player left surviving in the round.

How to play:
Once you begin the round, a 10 second gracing period will begin, where you cannot harm other players. Afterwards, all is fair game. Firing rings costs some of your rings, but be aware that the fewer rings you have, the easier it is for your opponent to scoop them all up. When a player is eliminated from the round, everyone left alive earns 500 points, stacking with the 100 points for killing said player. Once there is only one player left, the round ends.

List of included variables:

lms <0-1>
If set to 1, the next time you load a map in Match or Team-Match, it will become a game of Last Man Standing. (Or, Team Last Man Standing) Please turn this on if you want to play LMS!

lms_startlives <1-10>
Defaut: 1 Quite simply, this sets how many lives all players in the game start with at the beginning of the match. You may want to up this value if you enable sudden-death or similar. NOTE: This will only take effect after a map change.

lms_countdown <0-30>
Default: 10 Determines the number of seconds of "warm-up" time before the round actually begins. Set this to 0 if you want the round to begin immediately on map load.

lms_nopity <0-1>
Default: 1 When set to 1, you will only get one pity shield at the beginning of the match. Set this to 0 if you want pity shields to appear again.

lms_activeghosts <0-1>
Default: 0 Modifies the interactivity of ghosts. When set to 0, ghosts may not interact with the collectibles, and cannot have shields or rings. Set this to 1 if you want ghosts to be able to take stuff in the level and have shields and muck up the game.

lms_quietghosts <0-1>
Default: 0 When set to 1, the sound effects of ghost players will be hushed. If your server is filled with many players, and don't like listening to ghost jumps and spins, try enabling it.

lms_softsuddendeath <0-99>
Default: 3 Soft Sudden-Death is a custom rule that causes instant-kills for players who lack a shield. The number value indicated how many minutes until this rule takes effect. Set it to 0 if you want it to start immediately. Set it to 99 if you don't want to see it happen (It'll just take 99 minutes to arrive, more than enough time to finish a round.)

lms_frantic <0-1>
Default: 0 When enabled, this will gradually reduce the amount of invincibility frames your character has after getting hit. Set this to 1 if you want to play with this rule.

Keep in mind that this script may shoot some warnings, but it's still playable. I'll be working on that. Feel free to give suggestions

Spoiler: TO BE ADDED/FIXED

lms_gamerule <0-3> is a planned feature that will allow you to change how the game behaves. This is not guaranteed.
A custom scoreboard (mostly geared to team-match) to show who is alive and who is a ghost.

Tips:

• Gang up on the player with a lot of weapons or an attraction shield, as they will often control the endgame with them. As such, weapons and ammo tend to be very dangerous.
  • Cycle the shields often. Having a shield can protect your precious weapon arsenal.
  • Having a few rings is like having one. Most skilled players will be able to scoop up quite a few rings and leave you none behind. Stocking up on a lot of rings means shooting less, but also means you're very safe in case someone makes you spill, and more often than not they will find a more vulnerable player to shoot at.
  • If you want your game to end quicker, add suddendeath. Feel free to try it, especially with several lives.
  • If active ghosts is on, be a troll! Try and wait for the top player to get an important box or an air bubble, and take it before they can, or pop a recycler box to move the weapons round a bit.

Special thanks to all the people who joined my server to give it a test run.

Download Now

File Type: lua lms-0-2c.lua (8.6 KB, 154 views)
File Type: lua lms-0-3d.lua (18.7 KB, 178 views)

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 07-08-2016   #22
Sapheros
That guy that ports

Bash really isn't kidding. I think something with 2.1.15 might've messed up with the code, as I'm trying to use it on my server with 3 people on the field, it seems like the main function of the game is completely broken and unplayable, regardless of whether it's enabled or not.
Old 07-23-2016   #23
Blaze The Cat
& Knuckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duon the Adventurer View Post
Bash really isn't kidding. I think something with 2.1.15 might've messed up with the code, as I'm trying to use it on my server with 3 people on the field, it seems like the main function of the game is completely broken and unplayable, regardless of whether it's enabled or not.
This must be related to a change in how a boolean variable is handled. They are taken by the game more strictly, and do not allow for 0 and 1 comparisons. A fix will be out very soon.
Blaze The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016   #24
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

...I'm not sure where you pulled that from, the way boolean in Lua works hasn't itself been changed in 2.1.15. On the other hand, it's possible one or two things may now be returning booleans instead of integers? I've lost track tbh.

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record.
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016   #25
Blaze The Cat
& Knuckles

Updated to 0.2c

This should fix any error issues in SRB2 v2.1.15 as I played a game with it and it works fine.

To come in the future:

* A way to set a point where a "soft" sudden death happens. In this soft style sudden death, your shield will prevent you from dying, but you will die if not shielded. This will be implemented to prevent endgame dogfights from lasting forever if the players become conservative.

Last edited by Blaze The Cat; 07-28-2016 at 03:34 AM.
Old 01-03-2017   #26
Blaze The Cat
& Knuckles

https://puu.sh/t9kPu/dde35f8f4f.zip

I decided to rewrite LMS from scratch.

Note that this is a working test version, it's not anywhere near completion.
Known issues include:
  • Repetitive "One player left" messages Fixed!
  • A rare bug where you become unable to shoot.
  • Respawn rate isn't metered yet (Sudden Death suggested for now)
  • Ghosts can harm players through fire trail and armageddon. Fixed!

But most of all...
It finally supports Team Match. Whew.

Regardless, I will slowly work in all the previous features that were once a part of LMS over the next while.

I should also mention this uses a new command hierarchy.

lms <0-1> turns off/on LMS.
lms_activeghosts <0-1> Lets ghosts interact with collectibles or not (Not currently workign correctly)
lms_pity <0-1> Turn off/on pity shields.
lms_startinglives <1-10> Start with this many lives.
lms_countdown <0-30> Start the round after this many seconds.

Currently, lms_respawnrate doesn't work. But I'm working on it.

Update edit:

New settings:
lms_quietghosts <0-1> will allow you to silence most ghost sound effects by setting this to 1.

Upcoming settings:
lms_softsuddendeath <0-30> when set to something higher than 1, will allow all shots not blocked by a shield to be instant-kill once that many minutes have passed.
lms_frantic <0-1> when turned on, the more times you get hit, the less time you have on invincibility frames.

lms_gamerule <0-3> will allow you to change how the game behaves when players get shot:
  • 0 - Classic gameplay. No changes.
  • 1 - Always soft sudden-death.
  • 2 - Hit point mode - Can earn hit points through certain yet to be determined conditions, and rings take away some amounts of hit points.
  • 3- Smash Bros style - Launch height becomes slowly higher the more times you get hit. Hit a ceiling and die.

Last edited by Blaze The Cat; 01-09-2017 at 05:08 PM.
Old 01-05-2017   #27
Boo
Spikes The Echidna

Nice, the changes are very nice, about the Upcoming settings:

Quote:
Originally Posted By Blaze The Cat & Knuckles.

lms_softsuddendeath <0-30> when set to something higher than 1, will allow all shots not blocked by a shield to be instant-kill once that many minutes have passed.
lms_frantic <0-1> when turned on, the more times you get hit, the less time you have on invincibility frames.

lms_gamerule <0-3> will allow you to change how the game behaves when players get shot:
  • 0 - Classic gameplay. No changes.
  • 1 - Always soft sudden-death.
  • 2 - Hit point mode - Can earn hit points through certain yet to be determined conditions, and rings take away some amounts of hit points.
  • 3- Smash Bros style - Launch height becomes slowly higher the more times you get hit. Hit a ceiling and die.
I liked the Gamerules, They are very unique and nice.

One thing:

Quote:
lms <0-1> turns off/on LMS.
lms_activeghosts <0-1> Lets ghosts interact with collectibles or not (Not currently workign correctly)
lms_pity <0-1> Turn off/on pity shields.
lms_startinglives <1-10> Start with this many lives.
lms_countdown <0-30> Start the round after this many seconds.

-
The lms_startinglives command doesnt work, but lms_startlives <Whatever> works.

Actually my goal is to fill every single thread i post in with laughs.
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017   #28
Blaze The Cat
& Knuckles

It's now v0.3(c)
("c" representing completely screwed up the release and had to go bug-fixing again)

Spoiler: What's new

Fixes:
  • Ghosts cannot get shields through recyclers anymore.
Changes:
  • Command hierarchy changed for the better, including lms_startlives being fixed. (Thanks Boo!)
  • lms_pity <0-1> was renamed to lms_nopity <0-1> and its default value is 1, which translates to pity shields off.
Added:
  • Supports Team Match.
  • lms_frantic <0-1> will cause invulnerability frames on hit to become shorter as the game goes on.
  • lms_softsuddendeath <0-99> is an end-game mode (Abbreviated as SSD) that is a lighter form of sudden death. If you lack a shield, you die when shot. The number specifies how many minutes until it begins. Set it to 99 if you don't want it to appear (99 minutes is more than enough time to end a round)
  • lms_quietghosts <0-1> will cause ghosts to become quiet(er). If you have many players in your game and the ghosts' sound effects are distracting you, turn this on.
  • lms_countdown <0-30> lets you (finally?) control the pre-game warm-up.
Removed:
  • lmsrespawnrate was removed as a toggle, and is instead a core part of the game mode.

v0.2c has been kept there in case you wanted lmsrespawnrate again as a toggle (Of which will not be missed. It's vital to the mode. =P)

Last edited by Blaze The Cat; 01-06-2017 at 10:07 AM.
Old 01-06-2017   #29
Boo
Spikes The Echidna

Ok, Il be looking forward for the Gamerules.

Old 01-07-2017   #30
Blaze The Cat
& Knuckles

Quick update to v0.3d here.

All that's new is a custom scoreboard to get rid of the whining ov er who's alive or not.

That is all.
Old 01-07-2017   #31
Boo
Spikes The Echidna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze The Cat View Post
Quick update to v0.3d here.

All that's new is a custom scoreboard to get rid of the whining ov er who's alive or not.

That is all.
You Mean the scoreboard to tell if your a ghost or not, yeah, good improvement.

Last edited by Boo; 01-07-2017 at 03:31 PM.