The new Brak Eggman map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nico Nyoco

that's me!!
What do you guys think of the new one compared to the old one?
I personally miss the older one from v2.00.1 - v2.00.4. Why? Because the new one lags after a while for me (Usually, right after the first attack with the cannonballs). This makes fighting Brak Eggman more difficult for a reason that is not nessisary. Aside from that, I like the new one. What do you guys think? Either way, enough of what I think, what do you guys think?

The second one looks more stylish to me.

Thats the only true thing I like about the new one. Comparing the two, the new one's appearance looks better.
Of course, now that I think about it, a problem can be that I use OpenGL and Window Mode for SRB2. I'll try it with normal full screen non-OpenGL SRB2 when I get my computer repaired.

I like how the lava blocks turns black once they reach the bottom half of the stage.

They could really use that trick with the little light blocks surrounding them.

v2.0.5 update log said something about pillars you can hold onto or something like that... I never really understood those. Though I like how he aims for the head rather than the feet now.

If you are playing as Knuckles you can grab on to the grab things at the bottom.
IIRC, It gives you more height to hit Eggman.

v2.0.5 update log said something about pillars you can hold onto or something like that... I never really understood those. Though I like how he aims for the head rather than the feet now.

Knuckles can climb on the pillars is what the message meant.
The second map is way better, I like how there is lava flying up and lava that is flying down in the map. Jumping up in the air with Brak Eggman in that cieling area is also very cool as well.

The sectors that were used as scenery are most likely to remain in the game I assume, they are very creative.

Do you guys feel lag in that map? I mean, thats the only thing I dislike about the second one. May just be me. If I didn't get lag, I woulden't have any problems with it.

I do like the second one better since it's just a tad easier to beat Eggman in, though.
It's easier? How so? The only feature IMO that makes it easier is the fact he actually aims for the player's head and not feet with his spike ball missles, but that has nothing to do with the map.

Personally, I find it harder to beat him now since the small physics have been 'fixed'. I hate how if you glide just above his head, he doesn't hurt himself. You have to actually LAND on him, which gets annoying after a while.

The new Brak Eggman map? I'll be honest. I absolutely HATE it!
Why? I just think it looks a bit strange. Take this snapshot for example.
srb20018.png

The way the textures go from platform to lava looks a bit daft.
& Eggman is too hard to hit with his missiles now (or is that just me?)
Call me a nagger, but it's just my opinion.

I actually like the old one better, I liked how Black Eggman as well as the stage was huge, but here the boss just isn't as intimidating. I also don't like how it seems lower when you are riding the missile(nevermind that BE jumps at a high speed, so you can't really hit him in midair. And I actually prefer the look of the old one somewhat; I don't like how there is a "ceiling"(sure, old one wasn't that detailed, but the bottom area could have been detailed).

Well this is suppose to be Dark City Zones Boss once the zone is made.

I don't really see how the boss is city themed. Maybe make those blocks have a city texture (like building windows, but the city textures are horrible, in my opinion). Right now it just looks like a space-volcano-base boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back