scr_serenefalls.wad (Serene Falls Zone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guitarplaya

My latest wad, and self-proclaimed best so far. It's a GFZ-style level with several lakes/ponds, 2 secrets, multiple paths and a few off the track challenges.

DL links:

Sendspace:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/e3yfl2 (v1.2, all 3)
Or, SRB2FFH:
http://www.supersanctuary.net/srpgp/ffh/download.php?file=841574defff8005b5f5dfa414e0737a0 (Final of level 1)
Or, MegaUpload:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5G2SNCTU (Original of level 1)

Have fun!

EDIT: Screenshots! Sorry for the delay.

Level 1
srb20158lz3.png

srb20160iu0.png

srb20163qs9.png

Level 2
srb20166eo9.png

srb20170ie4.png

Level 3
None yet, sorry

Ok, this is the first time I've ever downloaded something without a screenshot.

Now, let's get on. This map is the first half-decent level here in a while, especially single player wise. I did notice some oddities, like the lack of GFZGRASS, waterfalls are just the waterfall texture (use actual waterblocks for them) and small stairs, a badly placed spike ball which I could not see, and some weird placement of rings here and there. You've got some skilled level design for a beginner so far. You'll be making some great levels in no time, keep it up. :)

I'd have to agree with everything GCFreak just said.I'm extremely impressed, so I hope to see more from you. :D

It looks like your final may not be the final release. I noticed some strange things, like water textures on the bottom of water (remove the bottom texture on the water, I think [maybe change it to the same texture as the ground under it). The spike balls on the platforms were annoying, but passable. I also still can't find a way out. Maybe I'll just open Doom Builder... I also noticed that on the stairs, the textures were not correctly aligned (Maybe you want this, I don't know). One last thing I saw was that at the beginning of the level, I often ended up falling right next to a Crawla or the like.

SFZ2 is on the file now! It includes a foctory and a similar gimmick, Forcecharacter = 0 was also added to prevent 6 second wins.

Will have screenies real soon.

For all of those who are doubting to downloads this, It actually is pretty good. Better than the other random stuff we get in the levels forum.

You really have mastered the basics here, Although I noticed the water had no Colormap

May I suggest spending more time just brushing up the level, I made the mistake of releasing levels when there were still a few problems. However this was pretty good

Azure Hawk

Azure Hawk said:
For all of those who are doubting to downloads this, It actually is pretty good. Better than the other random stuff we get in the levels forum.

You really have mastered the basics here, Although I noticed the water had no Colormap

May I suggest spending more time just brushing up the level, I made the mistake of releasing levels when there were still a few problems. However this was pretty good

Azure Hawk

Where is the colormapless water? I didn't see any...

EDIT: There it is! Will update soon.

BTW, have any of you found the 3 secrets in these levels?

Colormap doesn't exist when using MD2's, as I found out (if that's what you were doing). Don't use forcecharacter, make an invisible FOF or something similar to block it (no, I haven't tried the 2nd level yet).

LemeInthrigil said:
Don't use forcecharacter, make an invisible FOF or something similar to block it (no, I haven't tried the 2nd level yet).

Excatly. You can win the level in 6 seconds with knuckles (there's a wall that can't be jumped)

Colormap DOES exist with MD2s, it's just that the colormaps don't actually effect the models. Neither do any other lighting effects.

On the third level after I beat Eggman I saw a really strange capsule that looked more like a water bottle. I can't show screenshots because I don't know to post them. The animals floated up into the air when I realeased them too. (bunnies and all)

Chrome the hedgehog said:
On the third level after I beat Eggman I saw a really strange capsule that looked more like a water bottle. I can't show screenshots because I don't know to post them. The animals floated up into the air when I realeased them too. (bunnies and all)

Ah, I see that. Next beta in a few minutes. :)

I think creating a sky wall would help open up that level a bit more.

SSNTails said:
I think creating a sky wall would help open up that level a bit more.

Which level?

EDIT: New beta, v1.2. Includes SOCed boss, Improved MAP03, Slight fix on MAP01, and bugfixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back