out of all the songs in sonic games what is you favorite one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fevermario

There are a lot of sonic songs from the genesis and modern era..
Some people like icecap and others like live and learn.
But what is your favorite song from any sonic game?

Assuming this isn't an AFD thread, mine's Gene Gadget Act 1 from the Genesis version of Sonic 3D Blast.

Live and Learn never fails to give me goosebumps. As far as normal stage music goes, Chemical Plant is the clear winner.

I like Knuckles' theme from SA1. Not really the type of music you heard elsewhere in the series.

Also, I do like the Babylon Rouge's theme in Sonic Riders Zero Gravity. I didn't play the game, just found it by searching for the original. However, it sounds a lot like one of the songs from Knuckles stages in SA2. Anyone care to give it a listen and tell me if I'm crazy or not? I just can't put my finger on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mz8Veq4MZo

For lyrical, my favorite is "What I'm Made Of". I really have no idea why, I just really like it.
For Genesis era, it would have to be Wacky Workbench Bad future from the JP soundtrack, the tense feeling and the hype from the siren and bass line always get me.
For dreamcast era (Going by Generations logic here, so it is counted as an era) it would be Mechanical Resonance... for Final Egg. It's got a great beat and I just love the guitar riff and laid back feeling in the song.
And for Modern Era, it would have to be Asteroid Coaster Act 2. Great guitar riff, upbeat, somewhat tense... I love it.
Overall though, my favorite would be Wacky Workbench Bad Future JP.

For non-lyrical, assuming actual Sonic games, its hard to decide, but it's probably between the US versions of Wacky Workbench from Sonic CD (JP version is good, but I think the US version is one of the only two zones which have better music in America, the other being Palmtree Panic...), Egg Rocket Zone Act 2/ Cosmic Angel Zone from Sonic Advance, and Final Egg from Sonic Adventure. For mods/fangames, easily Misty Maze Zone Act 2 from Sonic Megamix. Arid Canyon/Techno Hill from SRB2 are also easily tied at second.

I don't really like most of the lyrical tracks. Though I do like Sonic Boom for some reason (probably because it sounds like pure 90s cheesyness...).

I have two favorites, Final Fortress from Sonic Heroes and Pyramid Caves from Sonic Adventure 2.

And if we're doing lyric ones separate I guess mine is This Machine.

Songs: - His World
- What I'm made of
- Open your Heart
- Knight of the wind

Level music: - Stardust Speedway Metal sonic boss (JP)
- Sky Sanctuary Zone
- City Escape "classic" (Sonic Generations)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back