Four 2.1 Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, I thought Rob said yes to his first question (which was about modifying the character frames) and no to it being only related to a map thing.

EDIT: Actually, I am a bit unsure what he means @_@.

Last edited:
Will anyone who knows the answer to my question please answer it? I really wanna' know the answer.

Obviously there will be the dreaded "Nev3r emblem": Finish ERZ2 in 3:06 or less.

I'd say just make it less than 4 minutes. At least that's possible. :P

As for the boss and special stages, I would say some of the special stages are "completed" but from what I've read, they're constantly subject to "tweaking" so I would just say they aren't completed yet.

This jazz looks intense! I suppose we'll be playing CB through the new EXE? Making CB LUA compatible!!! Guess I'll be learning to write in C!

It's a good thing I know a bit about lua. The emblems look cool and i'm not sure if these special stages are going to be easier or harder. Still can't wait for 2.1 but this information tells me it is going to be very awesome.

I'd say just make it less than 4 minutes. At least that's possible. :P
Nev3r maintains his claim that he can beat ERZ2 in 3:06. He refuses to prove it, so of course he's lying.

Or is he?

As for the boss and special stages, I would say some of the special stages are "completed" but from what I've read, they're constantly subject to "tweaking" so I would just say they aren't completed yet.
They're "completed" in the sense that you can play through all of them. But as you said, they're always being tweaked.

I suppose we'll be playing CB through the new EXE?
Only if somebody ports it. No idea if Kalaron is willing to do that.

Re-reading all these updates, I can't wait for SRB2 2.1 :3

Loving the idea of LUA scripting, and I so want to test out that creator.wad once 2.1 is out. ;o

33yqqeb.gif

[01:33] <Mystic> In conclusion, Jev3 is god

I kind of wish it would just go around instead of just rotate in a specific direction. It feels like the left side of the shield is being ignored :<

Last edited:
What about the boss? Is it done? Is it being tweaked? Does his attack work correctly yet? Does he have a weak point yet? Does it have a new sprite?

*Summons Calum*

Last edited:
Aproximately how long will it be till 2.1's release date? I know, i'm asking a lot of questions.
Also, the rest of my post was going to be what J-town's post was.

Last edited:
What tailsmastermind means, is that they don't tell you when it's coming out.

I know that you're still a bit new on the srb2mb so I guess that you needed to know this.

"When it's done" is not meant as sarcasm or anything of the sort. It is the actual release date. We do not know when it will be done, and therefore we can't actually give you any helpful information in that regard.

I wonder how much of SRB2 2.1 is left to do? Well, that's kind of a stupid question seeing as new features could be added at any time. Maybe you could feature freeze if it takes too long ;o

As has been stated a million times before, the big hangup is that netplay currently does not work. It will require organized testing to fix it, and that's a pain and we're all procrastinating as usual.

This jazz looks intense! I suppose we'll be playing CB through the new EXE? Making CB LUA compatible!!! Guess I'll be learning to write in C!
CB has a lot of core engine modifications. I highly, highly doubt these'll be modifiable under Lua (it'd open all sorts of security vulnerabilities otherwise)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back