Tortured Planet v9 (scmrtf_TorturedPlanet-v9.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, so I downloaded this from here and tried to join a netgame with it. Oddly enough, it told me I have the wrong md5sum. Is there another place I should try getting it from? Or is my laptop being retarded as ever?

On the other hand, the more I play this pack, the more I start to doubt if it's even worth fixing in the first place. I bet you have other, better, non-SRB2-related projects to work on.
Precisely. That's the point. I'm aware that vast parts of it are still crap, but I'm not bothering with trying to make this play better when I have newer projects. The only reason I released this in the first place was because it was bugging me that it just sat there.
Alright, so I downloaded this from here and tried to join a netgame with it. Oddly enough, it told me I have the wrong md5sum. Is there another place I should try getting it from? Or is my laptop being retarded as ever?
That's my bad, I forgot to update the version number when I implemented a quick change yesterday. In all likelihood, you have the current version and the netgame was using an outdated version.

Last edited:
I think that this is one of the best level packs I've ever seen. Considering you wish to be a game designer, its a wonder that nobody's offered you a job!

I think that this is one of the best level packs I've ever seen.
lol, but I guess opinions are opinions.
Considering you wish to be a game designer, its a wonder that nobody's offered you a job!

Honestly, this pack still has some serious flaws. Don't let the graphics and detail fool you. And anyway, this is a level modification for an unofficial fan-game of Sonic. I doubt any serious designer would look at this and say "Wow, this guy is great!"

Considering you wish to be a game designer, its a wonder that nobody's offered you a job!
Who says no one's offered me a job? I'm actually working for a game company right now. However, Tortured Planet was not one of my selling points when I was interviewing.

I know you have been busy with better stuff, Fawfulfan. What company is it, anyways?

Sure, feel free to use any of my unmastered, unequalized, and terribly unloopy songs in your level pack.

Fawfulfan, I still can't believe you did that. As terrible as most of my songs were, their being haphazardly thrown into it makes them about 3x worse.

Last edited:
However, Tortured Planet was not one of my selling points when I was interviewing.

Hah, I have to wonder, though: did you mention SRB2 at all when you were getting interviewed? I mean, I think it's a good source of experience with games, but most gaming companies may not agree. After all, it IS just a sonic fangame created with a highly outdated game engine.

I would be very likely to mention it to my interviewer, not on the basis of it being a great engine, but I would mention how it was my first experience thought taught me the art of making a level flow properly. Of course, that would all depend on if I had better things to tell the interviewer about come that time. :)

It's very cool i've download it and I've try it, I have to thank you for thise wad , I like the wad story

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

It's very cool i've download it and I've try it, I have to thank you for thise wad , I like the wad story

I think you have to make another episode of thise story

Tee-hee~

I don't want things like that spoiling up my page, especially when I have some new people that could potentially be interested in a soundtrack looking at my soundcloud.

Yeah, LGZ2 is definitely the worst song on the soundtrack. It's so unpleasant to listen to.

SNZ2 is a close second though just for how hilariously unfitting it is. It sounds like christmas on some old-timey ranch.

I also find it funny how GCZ2 is imo both the best song and the best level in the pack.

Yeah, LGZ2 is definitely the worst song on the soundtrack. It's so unpleasant to listen to.

Liftoff Gantry Zone 2 said:
dadadadadadadada EEEEEEOWWWW dadadadadadooooooo
dadadadadadadada EEEEEEOWWWW dadadadadadoooOOO?

Yeah, good thing LGZ1 is 1000x better.

Also, am I the only one that thinks that SNZ2 is actually fitting?

I actually remember old old conversations with Charyb about me telling him how unfitting it is. Tell us how is it fitting, Tyler? It's "missing out" an important part of the stage- all of the machinery you see, all of the oil and stuff. It's not exactly a peaceful snowy mountain like BMZ was suppose to be :P
Also since I actually downloaded LGZ2, I can listen to it even though it's off the soundcloud page so MWUHAHAHA... But I won't :X

I think it was pretty fitting, as far as the snowy element goes. Though really, the song sounds more of peace than it really does snow. But that's okay, because they're one and the same in many ways. I thought of the song the other day, when I was thinking of a peaceful and entirely snowless idea. I don't think it was terribly atrocious in the level, and I think it was quite a solid song, but it didn't capture the polluted feel that most wanted it to.

I must agree with Katmint though. I think the best songs are the Gritty Columns Zone ones, right beside the Drowned Downtown ones and the Fume Shaft ones, the latter of which are very special to me, as I sort of improvised a new style for them, as I had no cliches to go on. I'm also very fond of Eruption Conduit Act 1, which was actually the first one I composed. I think I did a fantastic job on that one, at the time. I might redo it one of these days, because it sounds pretty ancient and dry. Though, in all honesty, I'm not sure it needs any backing. It has a nice simplicity that reminds me of something from Kirby 64, which has some of my favorite songs ever. Interestingly enough, two of my songs that I hold in high esteem, Moonlight Mysteries, and Sweet Dreams Glade, were composed during long car rides. I think the flowing scenery gives me lots of inspiration, and puts my brain in motion. I should try bringing my laptop into the woods to compose. Especially if I do end up getting chosen as music producer for this game, a 2D sandbox which revolves around plantlike creatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back