ArchPack v2.0 (scmrtf_archpack.wad + Parts pack) [Outdated version]

Status
Not open for further replies.
More rooms:

GKZ2_004.png

GKZ2_005.png

Genesis Keep Zone Act 2 alpha release

Genesis Keep Zone Act 2 (MAP01) is out for alpha testings. Clearly not 100% complete.

YjzQ2iZ.png

It's just the basic architecture without detail and final texturing.

I haven't set up water FOFs *yet* because I preferred to focous on the shape of the map first. The parts where are supposed to have actual water had their floor painted with water texture. Once with water FOF, the floor texture will be replaced with lake floor.

I'll move onto the Act 3 and then I go back to finish Act 1 and 2.

Videos
SRB2 ArchPack Dev - It keeps green (new map)

Download from my repository
MAP01 - Genesis Keep Zone Act 2 - new map - alpha release

Last edited:
Redownload the maps once in a while. They might have been updated. ;-)

EDIT:

haha.... SRB2DB corrupted and deleted the map, as usual. I had to restore the previous revision, nothing lost though.

Last edited:
Just to note:

I gave CasualNick the license to use Aqueduct Circuit Zone, Lift Bridge Zone and Water Plant Zone for a server package wad, as long as he doesn't make changes in the maps (except those necessary for the inclusion in the pack).

Sorry, I've been a little busy lately.

When I finish this map...

UywDWPU.png

YzwrVHn.png

... I'll release the ArchPack 2.0.

Two maps are done, the one I'm working on now is 90% finished. And I'll release a part package for free use along with.

Last edited:
Is it safe to assume that it's a bold move putting a red rock texture against that wood texture and grey rock texture in that circumstance?

EDIT:
I just found out that the link to Genesis Keep Zone Act 3 doesn't work, also in Genesis Keep Zone 2 the player starts at the end I think.

And there is a texture error in Mill Citadel Zone Act 2 'minor change'.
Here:
j8z3hj.png

Last edited:
Is it safe to assume that it's a bold move putting a red rock texture against that wood texture and grey rock texture in that circumstance?
Because I like to be bold. :3

*rolleyes*

Ok, that was a bad move. I should've used the brownish or gray rock texture.

I just found out that the link to Genesis Keep Zone Act 3 doesn't work
Fixed. It was a failed copy-pasta. Thanks.

also in Genesis Keep Zone 2 the player starts at the end I think.
It's a trick. I usually move the player start to the rooms where I'm working in. Unless I want to walk through entire level every time I make a test. ^^

And there is a texture error in Mill Citadel Zone Act 2 'minor change'.
Lovely redwalls! I think I should keep them...

... just kidding.

The resource pack with textures and such was not included. Not that I forgot, I simply didn't want to have another work to make another wad with the stuff. If you want, start up SRB2 with ArchPack 1.1a and then add the WIP map, it will override only the old map with the new one, and the redwalls will "use" the textures that are present in the main pack.

Last edited:
Well you've actually inspired me with some of your level design and gimmicks, so all I can say now is keep up the good work!

Emblems...
j8zDWZU.png

Level pics...
8g9XVGw.png

Time attack...
NLykfK7.png

iywa3Cj.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back