Sonic Generations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please stop fooling yourself. You're getting this nowhere. Retro Sonic is here. People like me have wanted him back. And you're just going to have to deal with it. Yes, we're going to complain about the lack of momentum if we cannot gain speed rolling down a hill. Yuji Naka (one man) perfected that 16 years ago. Why should it be that difficult now with an entire team of developers?

And this is probably going to be the last time Retro Sonic appears in a modern game for about 10 years, and you're going to have to deal with it.
Whether you like it or not, people like modern gameplay and although some levels involve doing boosting and such, there are also a lot of times which involve platforming (hell, Sonic 06 is a great example of that). And while I'll admit that when I look back on those games, I believe they're quite bland, I played Sonic Unleashed last night and I had a shit load of fun. Hell, even when Sonic Colours came out, heaps of people loved it, but after a month they started trashing it.
You should probably stop complaining about it because this is the closest you'll get to a Classic Sonic gameplay in these times.

You guy's just don't get the point of why the sonic team is making these crappy modern sonic games, for MONEY! They Probaly don't care what the classic sonic lovers say, They just want money.

Thats what I think. But i'm accually looking forward to this game.

They are always in it for the money. SEGA is a for-profit company. It is a shame, though, that it took so long to find good gameplay for 3D Sonic games (though short development times pre-Sonic '06 probably didn't help).

As a side note, I find it ironic that one of the least polished and ill-implemented features of Sonic '06, Sonic's Mach Speed sections, developed into one of the more recent games defining features, the straightaway segments where Sonic is pursued by something.

As a side note, I find it ironic that one of the least polished and ill-implemented features of Sonic '06, Sonic's Mach Speed sections, developed into one of the more recent games defining features, the straightaway segments where Sonic is pursued by something.
Wasn't Sonic Rush the inspiration for Sonic Unleashed/Sonic Generations? I don't think it was the mach speed sections.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/06/e3-sonic-generations-qa-with-takashi-iizuka/

According to the last bolded sentence in this interview, Aaron Webber has confirmed that the 9-zone list was false.

This is the fake "9-zone" level list:

sonic 1 - ghz (derp)
sonic 2 - chemical plant
sonic 3 - sky sanctuary
sonic adventure - speed highway
sonic adventure 2 - city escape
sonic heroes - either seaside hill / bingo highway
sonic 06 - crisis city
sonic unleashed - unknown (source didn't remember)
sonic colors - planet wisp

Nothing most of us didn't know, but at least a certain SOMEONE won't bug us on IRC about it.

I mean, really, Seaside Hill AND Green Hill in the game game? Or Bingo Highway, one of the most hated zones in Heroes? Three to four city levels (Speed Highway/City Escape/Crisis City/possibly Chemical Plant)? Come on.

Bingo Highway??? Are those guys chosing stages randomly or what??? I almost died of boredom playing that one.
EDIT: Woops sorry Tyler52 i haven´t noticed that word FAKE.

Last edited:
Unleashed's level is Rooftop Run (Spagonia). It shows it in the end of the city escape preview.
731px-Sonic_Generations_Spagonia.png

We knew this since the beginning of the city escape reveal, Eggmanfan. It was pretty obvious.

I really wish they'd wouldn't have Unleashed or Colors stages in this game. They strike me as too recent to be nostalgic, too redundant (becuase Modern Sonic-style gameplay was already a feature in those games) and quite frankly lazy (I do wonder how much of Generation's Spagonia will be built from the ground up and original). Classic Sonic had better have an interesting go through these stages.

Nothing most of us didn't know, but at least a certain SOMEONE won't bug us on IRC about it.

I mean, really, Seaside Hill AND Green Hill in the game game? Or Bingo Highway, one of the most hated zones in Heroes? Three to four city levels (Speed Highway/City Escape/Crisis City/possibly Chemical Plant)? Come on.

I know the list is fake. I don't know if you noticed, but I am looking forward to the game. I'm just very cautious, far more cautious than I've ever been on a Sonic title.

hey man bingo highway was the craziest shit ever!!! best zone

I really wish they'd wouldn't have Unleashed or Colors stages in this game. They strike me as too recent to be nostalgic, too redundant (becuase Modern Sonic-style gameplay was already a feature in those games) and quite frankly lazy (I do wonder how much of Generation's Spagonia will be built from the ground up and original). Classic Sonic had better have an interesting go through these stages.

I'll have to agree with you there on Unleashed. Colors would be nice, I want to see how the stages look at 1080p on a 360 or PS3. Unleashed however was multiplatform, and rather recent.

So here's an interview from Iizuka, the man who lives to troll you, personally.

Also:

FUCKING IIZUKA ARGH said:
Can you discuss what systems will be represented on the 3DS version such as Game Gear?
Game Gear? (Laughter) No. For the 3DS we wanted to go with systems of more recent memory. So we are more focused on levels from the GBA and DS.

Gah, what the FUCK. You're making a game about what's supposed to be about ALL of Sonic's history, so WHY are you using levels from fucking RUSH? And not a single Game Gear level? At all? Not even Sunset fucking Park? What the fuck is wrong with you? Fuck this version, and fuck Dimps.

Fuck. :|

Last edited:
I'm willing to almost forgive that if Music Plant And either Cyber level are included.

...Least, I would if it wern't for Rush physics for Fat Sonic. Eh.

Some things about this game get me excited, while other stuff like the absolute jump bounce after hitting an object just screams "old Klik N' Play fan game".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back