Recommend a lump editor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kopper

Does not use Sonic.
I'd think this goes here...

Well, I'm planning on making a character or so, and I want advice on a good lump editor. Thanks in advance. And I know the wiki. I want opinions.

SLumpEd, because it's less likely to corrupt your WADs. Slightly harder to use. Most people here are going to say XWE. I, however, have never touched XWE in my life.

SLumpEd's glitch forces you to back up music.dta and srb2.srb, which is a very good thing. To open those, make copies of the files and rename the copies (not the originals) music.wad and srb2.wad.

If you want to make a character, it might just be better using XWE, because it sets the offsets automatically, so they look good in srb2. Not to say that SlumpEd can't change offsets, it just takes a bit longer. Also, I recommend that you actually know how to draw. I say this, because the wad will be better accepted, and it takes more then 100 frames to draw a single character. And sprite rip characters and recolors are always frowned upon.

Oh, thanks. And I did read around about the sprite rip/recolour thingy. I haz a more thorough edit of another Wad. (In mind, it's getting your feet wet you know.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back