• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

World of 123 Runite MOD v.0.015 (current)

Status
Not open for further replies.
....why is there a candy cane in a level with sand in it? It's kinda weird why you put in the first level. Will there be a mountain Zone along with a sky, space, and Super Sonic one?

Candy cane... was there really one in the wad?

Yes, there will be zones like those, all about different areas. There is a slim chance there will be a Super Sonic Zone, maybe at those last battles with Eggman. Since this MOD will have lots of levels, certain zones will have secret stages you have to unlock when you covered a sector in the zone. There could only be 7 (seven) secret stages, since there are 7 Chaos Emeralds. 123 Runite (in the game) will tell you if there is a strange presence in the level. That is when you have to go searching around the level for that special sector. I'll try to make that certain sector stand out from the others so that you know it is the one.

I'm not really a fast level maker. I'm kind of a really slow one because I think about everything that should go into the level, and I do pout a lot of effort in my assignments. So, please don't rush me. =PP

You emailed me about this. Welcome back, man! I finally get a chance to get back on this dumpster of a forum. :P

Huh. Well, you have definitely improved since the first act of your mod. Nice job.

The later levels get large and actually complex in some matters, and the design improves as you play on. This pack has some potential, although I'd recommend remaking the first level.

A few addressings are required...
  • - Eggman clones? Sheesh, not only do they just take longer without any more difficulty, it's just a dumb idea. Rid of them plz.
    - Rivers don't abruptly stop - and it's extremely annoying when you end up in a corner where you can't get out of. Please, at LEAST put a death pit down there, or presumably some way to recover from the fall.
    - The talking feels awfully pointless and extremely obvious at times. Yes, I know that it's meant to run upon a story, but whatever one this pack has is rather... unnoticeable. Lower the amount of text messages and improve their relevance and explanation of your story elements. Seeing Sonic talk about "jump across, dont fall into river" for the over 9000th time seems obvious and redundant.
Otherwise, I would like to see progress in the upcoming years.

BlueZero4 said:
A pokemon.

Is it so hard to put an accent over the E? Alt+130! A Pokémon.

I hope you have all learned a valuable lesson today.

You'd have to make people out of things, but if you don't want to, it would make more sense.
Why?
If all the shops are closed from Eggman's invasion, would not everyone else have fled? There might be a few people wandering around or in shelters, and that would require a few sprites (Probably 10-20 if they don't do anything, but I wouldn't know) and something to make the Thing, but other than that....
Just thought I'd point that out. Oh, and this mod-type thing is RLY HARD. That river of death is cheap and annoying.. Just put a deathpit at the bottom or something.
EDIT: lol the post above me is totally relevant and useful information in this day and age. I'm not even sure what you mean by 130.

Magma the Fox said:
EDIT: lol the post above me is totally relevant and useful information in this day and age. I'm not even sure what you mean by 130.

Hold ALT, and type 1 3 0 on the numpad. So...

ALT
Release ALT
é

To reiterate, Pokémon.

The poll, "Do you think the Eggman clones is a good idea?" will last for 7 days (1 week). Please tell me your opinions about each boss by answering the poll, and then maybe reply to the message about your answer. The majority of the votes will have the effect on the game. In other words, if more people voted that the Eggman Clones is a good idea, then all the boss levels will be like that, or at least most of them. Vice versa. However, if more people voted, "maybe", then the game will have half Eggman Clones bosses and half Eggman Clone (1 Eggman for the boss) bosses. Thanks.

I know some people have been telling me to use the SOC editor so that each Eggman boss is unique. I'll first have to learn about SOCs. I have never done that before. If you could give me a tutorial about SOCs, I'd highly appreciate it.

For the river in City Forest Zone 1 (CFZ1), and the boundaries of the river, I kind of took out the enemies that were "guarding" the springs so that there is less chance for you getting attacked and then falling off into the river. I'll give you an update wad once Runite City Zone 1 (RCZ1) is done. For progress in RCZ1, it's not 50% done. It's more like 22% done or something. I didn't complete the streets and the buildings yet. That is in progress. I can't release screenies for the level yet, since there is nothing to take screenshots of yet, since there are only some buildings.

Re: The World of 123 Runite MOD

What in the freaking glory of all that is right is 123 Runite?! It sound like a catchphrase for mental people.

Hey people. Sorry that my computer was down, maybe a virus or something. Maybe it's from something that I downloaded from this site...

Anyways, the city has a huge amount of broken linedefs, and I was wondering if there is a way to fix them. Please post any ways to fix them, or if there is already another post regarding this problem, please post the link. I need to spend less time in this site, so I can't really search for it in the editing help section. Thanks.

BTW, RCZ1 is already about 80% done or something. I'm on the last building. I just have to get rid of this problem, and things will go smoothly.

EDIT: Checked map for errors, no errors.

I always do it manually. I just change the linedef references so they border both sectors normally.

My computer is back and running. There was a virus in it. Please forget that other post. I was talking about broken TEXTURES!!! How do you fix them?

I can help you with the boss socing, and would you like the enemies to be hard to. And Making many eggmans is just a cheap way of making it harder. I can make it so the boss has the same amount of health as eggman but take way longer to beat like I did with my Zabuza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back