My PlayStation 2 is Messing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megamantn

Everytime I put in a PS1 disc or CD, It reads "Disc Read Error" & sometimes when I put a DVD or PS2 disc in, It shows Reading disc 1 second & then, it disappears as if there's no disc in.

Can anyone help me with it?

My friend's PS2 was doing this.. Luckily I was able to fix it..

It's simple, there's four rubber feet on the bottom of the PS2. Pull them out, along with the two little tiny plastic squares that are the same size.

Unscrew the screws inside and take the cover off CAREFULLY!!!
To take it off, make sure there's no memory cards or controllers in, then pull the back of the cover up a little bit and pull off the LEFT side of the PS2. There will be a little silver strip attached from the case to the inside, rip off the little sticker, but be INSANELY careful not to break the silver strip! This is what turns the PS2 on and off.
Now.. get an eye-glass screw-driver and take off the disc cover, then open the disc tray by pressing the blue button. Shut off the PS2 from the back so the tray stays out.
There should be a little white dial. Move this a couple clicks in any direction and try running a game. It's safe to run a game with the cover unscrewed, but make sure it's laying on top otherwise the disc will spin out.
Keep adjusting the dial unti a game works, then put your PS2 back together.

Holy crap. My old PS2 was doing the same thing. Oh well, it's my cousin's problem now! :P

Shuffle said:
My friend's PS2 was doing this.. Luckily I was able to fix it..

It's simple, there's four rubber feet on the bottom of the PS2. Pull them out, along with the two little tiny plastic squares that are the same size.

Unscrew the screws inside and take the cover off CAREFULLY!!!
To take it off, make sure there's no memory cards or controllers in, then pull the back of the cover up a little bit and pull off the LEFT side of the PS2. There will be a little silver strip attached from the case to the inside, rip off the little sticker, but be INSANELY careful not to break the silver strip! This is what turns the PS2 on and off.
Now.. get an eye-glass screw-driver and take off the disc cover, then open the disc tray by pressing the blue button. Shut off the PS2 from the back so the tray stays out.
There should be a little white dial. Move this a couple clicks in any direction and try running a game. It's safe to run a game with the cover unscrewed, but make sure it's laying on top otherwise the disc will spin out.
Keep adjusting the dial unti a game works, then put your PS2 back together.
Or do what I did(I had same problem and it was pissing me off):
I fixed it by picking it up and hitting the bottom of it a few times. I'm not sure if it was just luck or anything, but it actually works now. :)

Megamantn said:
I need to know where the silver strap goes just right now since I can't be able to turn on my PS2.
Bump or does it not count since you created the topic?
Why'd you touch the silver strap? :roll:
I never took apart my ps2 since my way definatly works.(read my post above and repeat a few times? Thats how I got my friends copy of kingdom hearts to work :D, good game)

Megamantn said:
The Silver strap was on the top part of the PS2 which is how you turn it on or Open Disc tray, Duh.
Well, sorry for never seeing what the inside of the ps2 looks like. I'll open it this weekend.

It doesn't matter where it goes.. as long as you don't rip it off. In which case, you're screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back