SonicQuest - Beta 0.6 [mtf_sonicquest_beta06.wad]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another idea. If you are doing 2D mode in segments, at the end of a 2D part when you go bakc to 3D, make it possible to go back in 3D to the 2D part and then put a secret thing there. Like a token.
And now he says "Yeah, I'll do it" and everybody knows where to look for tokens :D

Anyways, he actually uses it in segments, as stated in the post with the screenshots.

And now he says "Yeah, I'll do it" and everybody knows where to look for tokens :D

Actually, I don't use tokens in this Level pack. The second Act of each Zone has a Chaos Emerald in it. Although I might change the Emerald collection method later on.

Actually, I don't use tokens in this Level pack. The second Act of each Zone has a Chaos Emerald in it. Although I might change the Emerald collection method later on.
You should. Unless they're REALLY well hidden (which isn't really possible in your maps), it will be too easy.

You should. Unless they're REALLY well hidden (which isn't really possible in your maps), it will be too easy.

Have you ever managed to find the Emeralds in Jade Hill 2, Toxic Plant 2, or Hidden Forest 2? They are pretty well hidden In my opinion. But it will be even harder to find the emeralds in Beta 3.0. Also, Have you ever tried to find the Emeralds in the old Sonic Quest Alpha 1? Rocky Coast Zone 2's emerald location is pretty well-hidden in my opinion.

>_> Wow. You can't really say something like that if you only played it twice.
You probably don't know HOW I played it. I explored a whole lot actually. I think I should actually search for them now.

Anyways, there's no way I'm gonna find the one in Hidden Forest, since that is good as impossible to beat without cheating.

You probably don't know HOW I played it. I explored a whole lot actually. I think I should actually search for them now.

Anyways, there's no way I'm gonna find the one in Hidden Forest, since that is good as impossible to beat without cheating.

I feel like shouting it out.
Well, i'll tell you it's in the maze thing.

Agent Hack, stop using falling platforms to make the emeralds hidden.
It isn't that fun. You could make a semi adventure to get to the emeralds. (Like a path that is hidden with the emerald hidden inside it, yet the path is very big.)

Although I might change the Emerald collection method later on.

Now Then.

Sonic Quest Progress Report

"The New" Jade Hill Zone Act 1

Fun Facts Before Viewing the Screenshots:
1. The level uses the Japanese PalmTree Panic Present from SonicCD. (O_MAP54M)
2. This level uses Emerald Coast's theme from the SRB2 Race rotation.
3. This level is incomplete. (Obviously)
4. The level is being sent to SQ Beta Testers.
5. Enemies used in this level are: Green Snapper and the Jet Jaw.
6. The last Screenshot features a water Current.

ScreenShots

srb20003h.png

srb20002n.png

srb20001k.png

srb20004.png

srb20005d.png

srb20007.png

srb20008.png

srb20009.png

srb20010z.png

Wide post is wide. :D

It looks like a boring SP version of Emerald Coast and looks an awful lot like the SP level I sent in. The whole place looks big, empty, and bland.

It looks like a boring SP version of Emerald Coast and looks an awful lot like the SP level I sent in. The whole place looks big, empty, and bland.

1. You obviously have a hard time seeing the Flowers, the seaweed, and random hills.

2. I have no idea you even created a level for the OLDC. And I'm sorry your level looks like mine.

3. Refer to comment 1. ^

1. You obviously have a hard time seeing the Flowers, the seaweed, and random hills.

2. I have no idea you even created a level for the OLDC. And I'm sorry your level looks like mine.

3. Refer to comment 1. ^

1: Things & Hills do not automatically mean that the level looks great and interesting; It's gonna need a lot more than that to look AND play nice.

2: Well, my level is pretty much a ripoff of Emerald Coast anyways, so...

3: See 1. Also, remember to go into 3D mode and push A while facing a wall that is not a fof. Constantly. It'll align the textures better when multiple linrdefs make up a sector, and EVERYONE forgets to do it for some reason.

Last edited:
Well, I have to admit that this looks nice. But as D00D64 pointed out, it looks like there's absolutely nothing going on there in terms of gameplay. This might be the fault of the screenshots, but if not, you will need to get some ideas.

Also, since when are you making 3D levels, D00D64?

Well he DID mention a water slide... Also, try not to have ALMOST NO gimmics like gfz did. Mabye have rising water you run from in act 2, or fountains that push you up high.
*coughThnxforbeingniceandstartingyourtunesat54toallowbothourmodstoplayatoncecough*

EDIT: Also the tall rocks with flowers on them need grass on the top with gfzgrass edges, it'l look pretty. =D

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll make sure there are some pretty fun gimmicks to keep the player interested. Say, waterslides, waves, and some more stuff I have in mind.

*coughThnxforbeingniceandstartingyourtunesat54toallowbothourmodstoplayatoncecough*

lol. I kept Dark Dimension in mind and put the Musicslot at 54. :P

Epic win. If you redesign all of your levels like this, this might become way better than I thought.

Well thanks, I'm also redesigning all the levels. Except for Toxic Plant 1. I'll problably just heavily modify that level.

O_o Like RVZ waves? =D

Yesh, It'll be no sweat to make. Except you wont stand on the water like in RVZ. I'll have Water Current action push you in the way the waves are going.
Now all I have to do, is teach myself how to make this by looking at RVZ as an example. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back