SonicQuest - Beta 0.6 [mtf_sonicquest_beta06.wad]

Status
Not open for further replies.
... Ok, I give up, where is it?
I may be working on Internal Shrine, some point, other time. Since i'm still new, i'll check the tutorials everyware.

...This isnt the place to talk about your map. Go into editing help, not here. -_-

EDIT: *looks at filio's sig* *sees the words "SQ's Internal Shrine"* Oh... Sorry. XD

O_o That is awesome. Mind if I use it?

Yes, you can use it. I also have a version without the jpg compression, and with sorta better shading. I'll PM it to you.

Also, why else did you think I put it in the center? =3

Yeah, I did notice that I used alot of Blue springs in Jade Hill 1. But I'll be remaking the Zone for the next release. So need not worry about that. :P

Double-Post. But it won't seem like it since I'm on my old account. :D
(for the lulz)

Anyways, progress on Hidden Forest Zone 1 is near completion. I've put the End Sector in and I'm now working on the final challenges for the level. Btw, the level ends in 2D Mode.

SCREENSHOT:
srb20000.png

You enter 2D mode after riding in this Zoom Tube here:
srb20001.png

This has been a Sonic Quest progress report. From your friendly community member - Agent Hack

It looks like it's just a straight path, no platforming involved.

Besides, some people (ahem, me) like 2D areas.

There can be some stuff that can make 2D mode exciting. Lots O' sceenery, elevators, traps, etc.

For Toxic Plant Zone, you can put a BIG elevator, with a gap on both sides. Have Jetty-syns, the erm... Moth things, Turrents and Snailers above the pit at different place while to elevator goes deep down. I probaly got that idea from SH Grand Metropolis. :3

There can be some stuff that can make 2D mode exciting. Lots O' sceenery, elevators, traps, etc.

For Toxic Plant Zone, you can put a BIG elevator, with a gap on both sides. Have Jetty-syns, the erm... Moth things, Turrents and Snailers above the pit at different place while to elevator goes deep down. I probaly got that idea from SH Grand Metropolis. :3

Or, you could have them go in from opening windows (this requires Linedef Executors).

I don't see the faults with 2D mode. The loose controls means for fast-paced exciting gameplay. And in my opinion 2D mode is pretty fun. Besides I won't be using 2D mode that much in Sonic Quest.

The loose controls means for fast-paced exciting gameplay.
It means that you can either
a. run pretty fast without jumping.
b. stop dead and have some frustratingly hard platforming.

3D-2D transitions are not the least exciting, IMO. It feels like you're downgrading your level because 2D is so limited when is comes to gimmicks etc.

You should use 2D mode the way DarkBob did, in different segments of the level.

Another idea. If you are doing 2D mode in segments, at the end of a 2D part when you go bakc to 3D, make it possible to go back in 3D to the 2D part and then put a secret thing there. Like a token.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back