• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Purity Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been here a while, and I guess it's about time for me to put up my first WAD. Purity Lake has gone though three changes in design, two failed. THIS design, however, was the best and didn't crash when I loaded the wad up. I KNOW, lots of people make grassy Match WAD's, but I rather like the design.

Screens:
mapwadgd1.png

That's most of the level, taken with Tails while flying.

mappicfr4.png

Another screen, taken from almost the same place, from a lower angle.

Download Link Here ---> http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/400mt_puritylake.wad

Like it? Dislike it? Think it's too small? (Thinking of enlarging it myself...) Whadda think?

EDIT: Removed the Automatic ring. Also removed one other Rail ring, leaving one Rail and one Infinity. Added a Player 1 start, so you can work it in Single Player mode. Graphical bugs have been fixed, can I get some comments on the layout please?

Whoah. Didn't expect to see you here Nathan. Lucky you there are no comment boxes.... I think o.0

That's a very pretty looking level. I'll try it out when I have the time.

Purity Lake Zone: 6/10
Much better now! I have to agree with SonicMaster, though; the wall makes gameplay a little awkward. I'm willing to try some originality, though. You actually have two rail rings instead of one, but it's better that way. Random monitors... well, they're okay... I don't know if anyone else will like them, though.

Well, after browsing through the level, this is the best of what I can say.

Remove the Auto Ring. That's the biggest problem. Otherwise, this appears to be a rather competent sector layout, and I have never seen CEZ textures look so cool. But the layout is a little too linear-looking, which is weird in Match mode... D=

Gemini Spark said:
I just tried it a few minutes ago; here's my take:

Purity Lake Zone: 3/10
You were worried about level size... it's actually a good size. Your real problem is Auto-Fail-Infinity, especially since one person can get all three weapon rings within ten seconds. Can't have that anymore, can we?

Gah, forgot about that. I'll remove the auto ring. I also think I might wanna make it harder to get to the Infinity ring, like a hidden room or something that's fuck hard to get to.

So anything else I need to look out for?

Some of your textures need to be aligned, and add a player 1 start, so it doesn't crash if loaded in Singleplayer for testing.

Chrome said:
Some of your textures need to be aligned, and add a player 1 start, so it doesn't crash if loaded in Singleplayer for testing.

Sorry, i'm new, but I don't know how to align textures. Also, SMALL update, check it out on the top of the page. New download, a few things fixed. Nothin' much. Just less of a hassle for some people.

If 3D mode works properly on your computer, run it, aim at the texture you wish to align, then press the "A" key.

I love how the stage's size makes a battle with only a few people in them very chaotic. I think explosion ring will work better here then rail.

EDIT: Think you should swap the positions of your two weapon rings. Infinity is really hard to get with sonic, and it's not that strong without automatic.

Jellybones69 said:
EDIT: Think you should swap the positions of your two weapon rings. Infinity is really hard to get with sonic, and it's not that strong without automatic.

Infinity is just as easy to get with Sonic as it is everyone else.
See, after you take the yellow spring to the higher part (With the bridge), you can jump from the smaller tower the bridge connets to to get onto the platform the leads to the spring.
You can also use the hill in the corner above the lake. Get all the way up, go to the side where you are facing the spring head on. (Not on the hill near the middle, it's behind the tower with the infinity.) then Spin-Thok or Run-Thok to make it either on, or near the spring.

Sorry 'bout the double post, but I did some stuff.

Textures are fixed, and I opened up the middle wall a bit so it feels more open. Though that one spot feels like a hallway...

Also, I edited a few ring places. Not much tho'.

This is enough of an update to Re-Download. Try it, you guys hate it, i'll fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back