• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic 3D Blast 2 (sort of)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flash

Well at least thats what gave me the idea. This is my first 3D wad its basically was based on Sonic 3D blast but then the level design changed allot. IO wanted to make it so ever level is fully explorer able so if you see an island way far in the distance you can probably get to it or if there is water you can most likely go under.

Here are some screens

Sonic looks at the start of the level

Theres a beach there

Theres a small beach up on that cliff wonder if you can get there

There are all sorts of caves to explore

What a view you can see the whole level

You never know whats under water

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mpw4i5

*sigh*

First level? Looks it. Namely, multiples of 10, wide open spaces and bad spring placement. Also, I'm assuming you put in the SA mode for the analog, not the homing and light dash, though it didn't work as well as you planned. I turned the analog off and still had the homing and lightdash.

On another note, awesome ring placement! :P I like where you're going with the open-air feel, but someof your sector layout is really bugging me. Namely, howabout making the underwater death pit? If not that, please make it a bit smaller. I almost drowned. >_>

Yeah so far its pretty early I done all this in 3 hours. The reason I put it on SA mode was to see how it works but I forgot to get rid of it. As for the big watter its mainly that big because I'm not done adding the islands in though it will be much smaller then that latter on.

If you're adding in more islands, make sure the player can get a spring easily. Fishing around for a spring is no fun if you drown.

I made a few changes to the watter the outside is just one big death pit while around the islands there is solid ground you can move around on freely and springs are easy to find since theres one at each end to an island. I've made the cave smaller and also added another cave though its not done. Too make up for the all the free space on the islands theres going to be houses, rivers and more stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back