Demons, lol wut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Plushima

Princess of Dreams
Judge
As someone who's gotten a few people to sign away their souls, I'm the last person you'd expect to complain, but seriously. What is up with you people and demons?
I'd say demon fancharacters have become more popular than seijan fancharacters, and I see the word "demon" all over the place?
Now, I don't have much against the demon motif, but why is it so popular? In fact, why do you people call stuff demons that clearly isn't? It's not as though demons are the next level in power, if you want to look at it religiously they're just the same as angels.

So yeah, WTF?

Anime. A lot of currently popular anime shows (I'm looking at you, Bleach!) have demons as antagonists. As anime nerds are wont to do, they make things "cooler" by making them "demons". A similar thing happened with Dragon Ball Z-I'm sure we all know of a character who was made "cooler" by having him go Super Saiya-jin.

DONOTWANTGREENEGGSANDHAM.jpg

No demons for me, thanks.

My "fan character" is a smaller Oni, but he's just a wad I'm making for SRB2. The "Chiisu" is officially named Shun, and he is a character in my comics and various fictions I have written. The wad is named Chiisu because Chiisu is my internet name and stuff.

Demons,

Ask all the people with demon names if they don't like Naruto or Inuyasha. Demons somehow automatically make you "cool". Most I've seen are some furries made with furry dollmaker with red eyes or something.

Demon are aweso- *chaingunned* I, personally, think we should stick to natural (of un-natural when it comes to robots) organisms (or machines).

Draykon said:
As someone who's gotten a few people to sign away their souls,
Wait, what? Maybe it's just the wrong context here, but I'm not entirely sure this isn't contradictory with the overall mood of the rest of the post. Care to explain?

I think I understand the whole demon thing a bit more. A lot of people, as someone said, are demons because anime inspires the person. Demons are often portrayed as badass. Therefore the person as a demon has a 90% chance of considering his or herself as badass. The other 10% are demons, usually by the literal sense of it, that demons are actually torturous other selves created by a person's inner evil (This is taking from the pagan teachings). Therefore, demon fancharacters are more often than not incorrect in their alliance. All demons, for the most part, are evil. So, if you take the demon concept literally, you have a bunch of evil fancharacters.

BlueZero4 said:
Draykon said:
As someone who's gotten a few people to sign away their souls,
Wait, what? Maybe it's just the wrong context here, but I'm not entirely sure this isn't contradictory with the overall mood of the rest of the post. Care to explain?
Just a little unimportant tidbit. I've written up a few sketchy contracts and had a few my friends sign away their souls for random junk. Just a thing I do.

I suppose anime is a logical explanation for the whole demon thing. Just another stupid fad nonetheless.

Sonicandtails218 said:
Anime. A lot of currently popular anime shows (I'm looking at you, Bleach!) have demons as antagonists. As anime nerds are wont to do, they make things "cooler" by making them "demons". A similar thing happened with Dragon Ball Z-I'm sure we all know of a character who was made "cooler" by having him go Super Saiya-jin.
Well you are sadly incorrect about Bleach pal. No demons are even in the show. The antagonists so far have been nothing even close to a demon. If you are talking about the hollows, then they aren't really antagonists in the show. They die in like 5 seconds, so I really wouldn't consider them to be a instrument to be called badass. And hell, the hollows aren't even demons. They are more like ghosts than demons. Facts are of much importance here pal.

As for the rest of the topic, I do notice many OTHER animes using demons as badass symbols. That is why those animes fail like Naruto or Inuyasha. Stick with DBZ, Bleach, or Rurouni Kenshin.

BTW also DBZ used like one demon, Dabaura. He was weak, a moron, and obviously no sign of a badass. Super Saiyans, are not demons. Super Saiyans are the next level of power. They are used because they are needed, not to be some kind of "Badass" symbol as the person I quoted stated.

*Sigh* Ignorance is Bliss.....

A similar thing happened with Dragon Ball Z-I'm sure we all know of a character who was made "cooler" by having him go Super Saiya-jin.
#
Stating that a similar thing happened with Dragonball Z and Super Saiyan; not that DBZ is full of demons.

Yes, Sonow. Ignorance is bliss.

I can't really input much to this, having only seem limited anime, with just about none of them containing demons (Maybe End of Evangelion could count, but they're angels). My guess is that it's because demons always have these uber-awesome powers, and because it's good to be evil or evil-turned-good. Hehe, ant-gone-pro.

And no, I have not really read this topic.

I doubt they were ever cool. Make up something original damn it!

P.S. Sonow is back!

Yeah, I was gone for like a few months or so. For reasons that I won't mention here. But yeah I should be staying for a long time again and hopefully I will start playing SRB2 again. But anyways something about this topic and many others that I have noticed in the past....... Why do some people feel that it is nessecary to find a wrong in other peoples OPINIONS. Some people like demons, others don't. From what I have seen most people in this topic don't. But what I don't get is why some of you thing it is a wrong to have an opinion. If someone likes a demon then let them, not too hard eh?

Now, I don't have much against the demon motif, but why is it so popular?

Nobody here is saying that people should not have opinions, they're just curious as to why they (demons) are so popular.

The only time I use the word demon is when I say to my friends and enemys your a demon you *** **** ***** (the *'s really don't exsist, ok maybe only once...)

Kman said:
Now, I don't have much against the demon motif, but why is it so popular?

Nobody here is saying that people should not have opinions, they're just curious as to why they (demons) are so popular.
But I am not just talking about this topic. Many topics I have remembered were stating someones opinion as if it were a bad thing. It all seems pretty ridiculous to me.

Because demons are usually associated with Hell and anyone who has read the Bible knows that Hell is nothing but eternal Flames and torment. And the image you just showed has flames as predicted and i'm not sure why the demon looks like it does but I do know that the flames are supposed to have to do something with hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back