Berserk (Anime show)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarBlazer

For the lulz
Yes this is an anime show. BUT, seriously, it's not crappy like the other ones. I'm telling you it's awesome, it has NOTHING BUT ACTION. The main character is some guy name Guts or Gats and he roams around looking for fights and what not. He's a really good swordsman but he was born from his mom while she was already dead. He carries a really long sword, but later on after the anime show and you read the manga. He starts to carry this freakin' gigantic sword which can slice you in half with just dropping it over your head with no force applied. This anime in my opinion is jaw dropping. The manga is WAY better though. But yeah, you guys saw anime in the topic title and you probably are like "man whatever, just another anime fan and another crappy anime show". Hey, you never know until you look. I'm not an anime fan. I only watch 3. But barely though. Back to the point. I like it ALOT and if your a fan of action and less talking, take a look at it. If you get scared real easy, DONOT watch the last two episodes of it which are episode 24 & 25. Yes, it's very short but very good. No offense, but some of our fellow board members are scared easily from which I have read. So just look at it if you want. Just Google "Berserk anime". :)

Bloodiest, most pointless thing I have ever watched. The ONLY anime shows I ever liked is Miasaki's work (Princess Mononoke).

Sounds sterotype-ish. Another anime that has a main character with a dark past who carries a huge sword. The only anime that had that that was good is Bleach. But something that is just pointless fighting sounds dumb. I will watch a episode anyways.

Forget MVP's description, the description he gave makes Berserk look like just a sense-less bloodfest manga. Berserk is a dark fantasy manga, inspired by the Medieval Europe. The story centers around Guts' life, a tall, muscular male weiling a huge sword called the Dragon Slayer along with a prosthetic left forearm, and how he's able to struggle against casualty and the limits of the average human.

The different arcs of the story tells us Guts' difficulties on his early years as a mercenary child, and how he needs to survive in the dangerous world all by himself. Also tells his later recuitment into the Band of the Hawk, in wich he developed a strong friendship relation with Griffith (the leader), and all the other members of it. Latter arcs narrate his fight for surviving against the God Hand, a group of immensely powerful, god-like demons, themselves the servants of a dark God that governs the Berserk universe.

Of course I won't get into details not to spoil the fun (even for MVP, wich only saw a really small part of the story. The anime was quite censored so not all the contents from the manga are there), but the story told by the manga is one of the best out there. It's considered as one of the most successful manga of the seinen type, with 30 million of volumes sold.

Berserk is quite awesome, and it's been around for a long, long time (about 18 years) and is still continued. I loved it so much I ended up reading all 32 volumes currently available in a hay and half, non stop. If you get the change to read the manga, do it. Even before seeing the anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back