3 questions about coding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I would like to ask some questions:

1-I already know what is an "library" in coding, but someone could give me a deep definition and explain it for me?

2-What is the language wich the ORIGINAL Doom was writen?

3-Where can I find the ORIGINAL Doom source code?

(I'm reffering to the official realese of Doom, not some random port, and I'm posting this here because i didn't find any other place that would fit better).

Last edited:
thank you :)
EDIT:The Doom source, says Linux, why did the ID Software released just the linux source port?(I want the original for DOS/win98)

Last edited:
The DOS version was never released because they used a copyrighted sound library.

So, the Linux version is written in C? (Well, I guess since C is cross platform.)

@Ankoctoaragon
Do your PC a favor and get Linux if you do not already have it.

you're right :)

but I'm curious, why he sugested me to install it?

(Sky, linux is a free OS hahahahahaha)

Linux isn't an OS. It's a kernel, a very small part of an OS. It's not an overly difficult task to create a kernel capable of running a standard UNIX userland either. You get both free and paid-for 'distributions' of Linux, and these 'distributions' are the OS.

Also, I wouldn't recommend Linux to anyone. In general, user friendliness is forgone in favour of security and it requires you to learn a lot yourself, or the community will eat you. Some day Haiku or Syllable or some other highly integrated OS with elements of UNIX will take the place of Linux in the desktop market, but until then, you should dual boot with a Linux distro at most.

Ubuntu is extremely easy to use. If you need help, just Google it or look at the documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back