Is it just me, or does music make you type faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently, I've noticed that I type somewhat faster on my computer (And much more accurate) while listening to music. Although I'm not sure if this is just me thinking weird, but I seem to find myself finished doing much of the things I commonly do on my computer faster while blasting my ears with some music. Although I seems like music from my computer (Windows Media Player) makes me slower...

Go ahead and try dusting off your old MP3 player, and type while listening to it. Come back here and tell me the results.

maybe you have the same condition as me? (I hate Silence, and I do everything 5x better when there is loud enough noise)

I wholeheartedly agree (at the thread message), unless what you're working on is composing music. =P

This isn't to say that you aren't productive when NOT listening to music. I can work either way and be fine. Listening to some Beatles (or Supertramp, or Styx, or Queen, or Great Big Sea, etc. etc.) just calms me and gets me motivated, I guess.

It's a similar case with chewing gum.

If you're the kind of person that focuses on each individual part of a song (harmony, melody, accompaniments, etc) then listening to music will improve your focus dramatically.

Keep in mind that chewing gum is disrespectful if you're at a school like mine, and you'll be forced to spit it out or face detention.

Also, while it might allow you to focus better, there's no solid evidence that it can make you smarter in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back