Screenshots
hello world running on gba:
gba.jpg

gba1.png

GBA On-Screen Keyboard:
gba2.png

gba3.png

yay!

Wow, that's very interesant... An OS for the GBA... Yeah!

A question: is a ROM is freeware, is the rule about ROM distribution gone for this case?

no this rom is freeware (most precisely open-source and BSD licensed) .
This means that you can have and can modify its source code, and build your own OS for GBA on top of it even if yours will be commercial because of the BSD license. But you must give credit to the author(s).
This doesn't apply to SRB2 that is GPL and you can't modify it without returning back the changes to the public.
This operating system uses the same license of FreeBSD. An example of commercial OS built on FreeBSD is Mac OS X

ROMs themselves aren't illegal, it's the copyrighted data inside games that's illegal to distribute. The file format itself just means that it's compiled to run on the system. There are tons of freeware ROMs. Try the ROM section of Zophar's Domain to find a few.

tails92 said:
This means that you can have and can modify its source code, and build your own OS for GBA on top of it even if yours will be commercial because of the BSD license. But you must give credit to the author(s).
This doesn't apply to SRB2 that is GPL and you can't modify it without returning back the changes to the public.
This operating system uses the same license of FreeBSD. An example of commercial OS built on FreeBSD is Mac OS X

Wait...Are you saying it's possible to have SRB2 on GBA?

JetKrazy said:
tails92 said:

Wait...Are you saying it's possible to have SRB2 on GBA?
If you have an enough fast raycasting engine that can do the things that SRB2 can do...

Can you believe I had this idea a lot of time ago, just that you had to connect the GBA's battery to a memory stick so you could save things as drawing and everything else.
Really I thought this a lot of time ago, not the technical part, only the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back