Rock Band.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Guitar hero is much better. It even came up with the idea first, allbeit they didn't use the idea until after Rock Band.

Someone said:
Yes, but does it have a Endless Setlist?
It hurts. 58 consecutive songs.

No, but who would want that anyway?

Kid: This game is so cool, I wanna play every song in a row!

(later)

Kid: WHY DID I EVEN START THIS?! MAKE IT STOP!

Rock Band has CrushCrushCrush, Guitar Hero has Misery Business...
Hmmmm, I CANT CHOOSE!! *Suicide*
Nah, Rock Band copied off Guitar Hero and Singstar, creating the original concept of drums; then Guitar Hero copied of Rock Band...
Oh well, Misery Business it is!

(If you don't know these songs, die)

Harmonix made Guitar Hero II and then went on to make Rock Band. Guitar Hero III was made by a different developer entirely. Harmonix pioneered the concept in Guitar Hero I & II, and they added on to it in Rock Band. I don't see why you guys are making Harmonix out to be the bad guy.

Oh, and the only reason why I'd want World Tour would be the song creator, though I hear it's terribly limited.

These kinds of games are like a double edged sword for me.

I love Guitar Hero and Rock Band because the games are very unique and they haven't been done before. They're really quite fun.

At the same time, I detest both games to no end because everyone thinks they can actually play guitar or drums or sing after playing a session.

This one guy was trying out for vocalist a few months ago, and I asked him if he had any experience at all with vocals and I kid you not, he said "I got %100 on "When You Were Young"".

I just glared at him.

RE4FAN said:
Nah, Rock Band copied off Guitar Hero and Singstar, creating the original concept of drums; then Guitar Hero copied of Rock Band

Actually EVERYONE copied off of Harmonix...
There was a singing game that came way before Singstar called Karaoke Revolution which was made by Harmonix which they later used the same system in Rock Band.
And then as was previously stated, Harmonix made Guitar Hero I and II as well as Encore.

Harmonix pioneered the rhythm/music video game genre in the first place with FreQuency and Amplitude.

To even suggest they copied off of anyone is insane and stupid. Everyone copied off of THEM.
Know what you speak of before you speak about it!

Kroze said:
RE4FAN said:
Nah, Rock Band copied off Guitar Hero and Singstar, creating the original concept of drums; then Guitar Hero copied of Rock Band

There was a singing game that came way before Singstar called Karaoke Revolution which was made by Harmonix which they later used the same system in Rock Band.
And then as was previously stated, Harmonix made Guitar Hero I and II as well as Encore.

Harmonix pioneered the rhythm/music video game genre in the first place with FreQuency and Amplitude.

To even suggest they copied off of anyone is insane and stupid. Everyone copied off of THEM.

Okay dude. :\
Im sorry.
I'm not that much interested in these games anyway, mostly only for Paramore.

Kroze said:
RE4FAN said:

3 words:
Parappa the Rapper.

well, they aren't the same games, they are very different, vut still, just so that people don't say rock band or gh were the first of their genre.
Of course there's always some good old fashioned DDR.
I also read in an interview that Masaya Matsuura, the guy who made the music for parappa, told something to harmonix which may or may have not helped start GH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back