• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Arcade Gamer's Galactic Space Lab of Work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea of a Mechless Eggman. That's why I made Eggpack.
In the begining I thought the world needed a Mechless Eggman. But, since I suck major shit at LUA, I had to give him an ability that sounded logical. And so, I added the Jetpack.

Now I'm more interested in this. keep up the work.

Infact I don't even know a thing about LUA, also if you hack Mechless Eggman in a stage in SA2B, you'll discover how freaking fast he is.

So basically he is abilityless in the air, he jumps a lil bit higher and just a slight bit faster than Sonic to make up this; But sadly due to him having no air abilities, he can't jump across big gaps (Azure Temple Zone for example) which makes those stages impossible

Wow, this Dr. Ivo Robotnik looks miles ahead of the Vanilla Eggman, but if you do make that mech-less Robotnik, you should add an ability to make him more than a thok-less Sonic. For example, why not have him play like a Mega Man character, with different tools for certain situations?

Last edited:
Well huh, if Eggman needed abilities I'd say he could eventually Double Jump with rocket boots or something like that, it could somehow fit him.

That's offtopic but it always felt weird playing as Eggman against Eggman, which basically happens in SRB2 :P

Well, a Rocket Boot Powered Double Jump wouldn't be a bad idea, considering the cartoon Robotnik had slightly different Rocket Boots. As for my Egg Man idea, you could look at his boss fights in previous games for weapon ideas - plus in Sonic Adventure 2 he used a Laser Pistol, which could be a default weapon.

I'm thinking about whenever you add playable Eggman in the game, Sonic is in the eggmobile rather than Eggman versus Eggman.

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Mega Man style ability doesn't sound like a bad idea (but I hardly know a thing about LUA to do that). Double Jump will be his main air ability. (Also the Jet Boots will show up only in his springing frames)

Also he needs to change colors of his pants due to problems with doing it with his shirt (ex. it will mess up parts of his face).

Last edited:
Well, you can always ask for help regarding LUA, or just look up some wads and see what abilities others have come up with, and use whatever you find. And since this may come up later, go get the Great Divide Zone WAD and take the packed in Metal Sonic's lock-on LUA, as some items may be difficult to aim in third-person view. As for Eggman vs. Eggman, you could put either EggRobo or Metal Sonic in the mechs.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about whenever you add playable Eggman in the game, Sonic is in the eggmobile rather than Eggman versus Eggman.

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Mega Man style ability doesn't sound like a bad idea (but I hardly know a thing about LUA to do that). Double Jump will be his main air ability. (Also the Jet Boots will show up only in his springing frames)

Also he needs to change colors of his pants due to problems with doing it with his shirt (ex. it will mess up parts of his face).

If you need some Lua scripting, you can always ask help on the board, if you plan to finish this character entierely, people may want to help you.
Concerning some Mega Man abilities, I'd recommand you to check the lua file of s_quickman.wad (That was for OLDC, but I don't remember which one.)

But before starting to even Lua or something like this, focus on the spriting, because it's the most important thing about the character.

Honestly, a mechless Eggman isn't a very good idea, i mean, its nice to see eggman not have 90% of his body covered up in mech, but lets also remember what Eggman is capable of. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, all he does is outspeed Sonic when all of his mechs are destroyed by him. In my own opinion, i'd rather see Eggman in his Mech Walker from Adventure 2, as it has yet to be done outside of Sonic Team's original design.

Honestly, a mechless Eggman isn't a very good idea, i mean, its nice to see eggman not have 90% of his body covered up in mech, but lets also remember what Eggman is capable of. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, all he does is outspeed Sonic when all of his mechs are destroyed by him. In my own opinion, i'd rather see Eggman in his Mech Walker from Adventure 2, as it has yet to be done outside of Sonic Team's original design.
EggHead has near instant acceleration to Sonic's speed, maybe even more than Sonic's speed, as witnessed at the beginning of Sonic's final boss in Sonic (3) & Knuckles, if one decides to spindash towards him.
Mech-less EggMan is super fast, and EggMan, whether in a mech or not, is near-invincible, as witnessed in every Sonic game where he's a boss. I mean, really, you can hit him 8 times or so, then he just goes to a different place, to have another fight, over and over again.
While he can be hurt, he can never truly be killed... unless one is controlling him oneself (Sonic Adventure 2).

TL;DR: EggMan isn't just capable of a lot, he's also somewhat overpowered, plz nerf

I have nothing against a mech-less EggMan Wad, nor do I have anything against an EggMan Wad where he is in a mech, but it's stupid to say he's capable of nothing when not in a mech.

EggHead has near instant acceleration to Sonic's speed, maybe even more than Sonic's speed, as witnessed at the beginning of Sonic's final boss in Sonic (3) & Knuckles, if one decides to spindash towards him.

people should really stop using this argument

This debate is giving me a headache. I'm not going to make a mechless character out of eggman, i'm just going to replace his boss sprites, because this is just so annoying.

Last edited:
Well, if you do stop Mechless Eggman, don't delete your work! That way you can pick it back up later, or give someone else a shot. And if you go redo the boss sprites, thanks, because Vanilla Eggman looks horrible.

Anyone you think would do Eggman good. I'd suggest MotdSpork, Katmint, and DOOD64, as they all have great skills and mods to prove it (Modern Sonic, Eggman, and Greeneyes respectively.).

Last edited:
2qkj9nb.jpg

Yes! A Flicky that doesn't look horrid! Maybe you could redo the other animals, too?
[And replace the cow. Why is that cow so small? It doesn't make sense.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back