The Ghoul's Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.
It needs to be in coop so you dont break the rules...

That guy counts as a boss you know.

This level is sweet. scares the noobs a little but that isn't a bad thing I hope to see more wads from you in the future.

I do find it interesting how the screaming voice and the face didn't make me jump; the ring loss SFX did. ^_^()

Mystic said:
I do find it interesting how the screaming voice and the face didn't make me jump; the ring loss SFX did. ^_^()
Wow, and usually the screaming voice makes people jump. Wonder why that didn't happen to you, but only the ring loss SFX did.

Nothing really made me jump, except the picture of Toad dying one page ago. That was the first time I saw the bloody face. In other news, I'm making a match version of this. If I can bother to make the 80 frames neccesary for the special effects I'm implementing. The ghosts are still there, but not to hurt you, just scare you, give you a shield, and be key to getting a "secret."

Vash said:
Mystic said:
Wow, and usually the screaming voice makes people jump. Wonder why that didn't happen to you, but only the ring loss SFX did.

Probably the knowledge that you're completely vulnerable without rings. Just a guess. :p

Personally, that thing reminds me of the detons. When encountering detons, I normally don't have to worry though as long I just have rings, as they hit me and kill themselves. Playing in ultimate mode though, the only thought that's one my mind when being chased by a ton of them - especially as Tails - is to... well, run. And how constant they beep tells you how close they are, but you can't turn around, lest you be hit by them.

The difference between the screeching things and detons, is that the detons aren't scary. Sure, when it comes to a lack of rings, they're the scariest things in regular SRB2. The difference is that you have to kill the skull thing by shooting it, and by doing that, you have to look at the skull thing, leaving you at a risk of getting hit from turning around because you didn't know he was that close. The constant screeching from the skull thing, few rings in your hand, and hyperactivity of the skull that keeps freakin' jumping around, has the situation of panic doubled in a C-laggy forest.

The way you just described that has actually made me remotely scared. It doesn't matter to me, cause whenever I play GH2.wad, I give myself 50 rings at start, so if I drop them, I can pick them up again. Also, has anyone else noticed that it should be GF2.wad?

This is great to play in multiplayer, just the sight of seeing a hedgehog/fox/echidna/other being killed by a flying mask makes me so happy.

Just downloaded it, now I need to gather the curage to play it... Well one things for sure, I don't need to go to the toilet any more!
...is that it? You huys got me worked up for nothing. It got boring after 5 minutes.

Totally Freaking awesome, Oh hope you don't mind I replaced the ghoul's sprites with a friends wad of mine so I was running away from him. I deleted it though! When that thing screams out of nowhere and its not next to you scared me though. Or when a friend of urs dies it screams freaked me out, other than that I'd like to see a level leading up to this boss fight ;)

And what map is that?

Anyway, this is in the mod's section because it include's A soc, A level, And sprite/sound's finished with XWE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back