SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone wondering, all that's left on Cream is the spinning sprites.

...Too bad I've either been too lazy or working on Lost Worlds to get them done.

I knew that question and answer would come up sometime...

So far the game is actually looking better. I haven't got the more recent version yet but I will soon more than likely.

To be frank, I think I'm wanting this as much as I want SRB2SE. This is just the only thing to use for Race when playing online (which I do often over Hamachi).

What the heck is SRB2SE?

Just because SRB2 is delayed doesn't mean the name changes. It will still be called SRB2 Marriage Edition.

Offtopic.... Sorry!

Sonict said:
What the heck is SRB2SE?

Just because SRB2 is delayed doesn't mean the name changes. It will still be called SRB2 Marriage Edition.

Srb2se is Sage edition. We are calling it that because it sounds better.(Like Srb2 May edition.)
It is more accurate name than Srb2 Marriage edition.

Srb2Se is NOT the official name at all.

No, It isn't.

Stop changing the names around. The ME part still will hold true. So what if it comes out after he is married. It makes no difference.

P.S I was being sarcastic with "What the heck is SRB2SE?" I knew exactly what you are talking about. SRB2 May edition just happened to fit at the time, but that was never the proper name for it.

As it is, we are going off topic with this, so I won't talk about it anymore in this topic.

Carry on.

With Sonic R mode, you can actually play as all characters instead of Sonic. I disabled thoking, so the only character that actually gets a burst of speed forward would be Knuckles' gliding. Sadly, 4 characters out of soon-to-be 11 characters are double jumpers. Those being Sonic, Amy, Jet, and Shadow. I was thinking of giving only Sonic the shield movements he had in Sonic 3 & Knuckles, but that's not on the top of the to-do list. The last level + Cream and Rouge needs to be finished first.

I also keep forgetting to make shields hurt you in Races. There has always been absolutely no point in adding them in race stages (mostly the black shield). If they could be used to hurt other players, it would make racing similar to Mario Kart.

I could also tell you all the new mind-bending stuff that I've added, like Knuckles' new gliding extra, but the mod is close to being released. It's best if you just wait. Something minor would be that I added Amy's Birdie from Sonic Adventure. As far as I know, there are only 3 puffballs that float around Sonic characters. Birdie, Cheese, and Chip.

Semi-minor is a long but awesome level I made for Sonic R. It took days to complete, and getting all 3 laps may take up close to 4:30 minutes, but it has 2 3D areas and 2 2D ones, and 3 new features that makes the level more fun to play. I stopped working with scenery halfway through the level so that I could finish the level, so finishing that could take a while.

Speaking of 3D to 2D, I did fixed it up. Stepping onto the 3D to 2D sector will automatically force you to stick to the designated Y position with your viewing angle to either East or West. It took me a while for the Y-position one, that I ended up with tagging the sector to a linedef. That linedef's lenght determines your Y position. So if your sector is far away from the middle of the level, that linedef will be pretty long. For it to work in the bottom of the level, the NOCLIMB flag needs to be turned on so that the linedef lenght will have a negative value. Instead of 1024, it's -1024. I have already tested this on laggy servers running at fast speeds, and it seems to always work. So now there's no need to use Speed Pads to reposition you in the wrong spots.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
I could also tell you all the new mind-bending stuff that I've added, like Knuckles' new gliding extra, but the mod is close to being released. It's best if you just wait. Something minor would be that I added Amy's Birdie from Sonic Adventure. As far as I know, there are only 3 puffballs that float around Sonic characters. Birdie, Cheese, and Chip.

Shahra and Tikal both appeared as orbs, but visually they aren't quite comparable to Birdie, Cheese, or Chip because they only look like characters in the cinematic. However, does this, by any chance, mean that we'll be seeing Cheese and Chip? I haven't been keeping up, so I don't know what has and hasn't been done.

Also are there any plans to add any more Babylon stages and improve the speed/fly/power system? The Babylon stages were always the best in the pack but they never had the shortcuts the others had.

Looking forward to the release. Will it be coming out for SRB2ME, or before?

JEV3 said:
Chaos Zero 64 said:

Shahra and Tikal both appeared as orbs, but visually they aren't quite comparable to Birdie, Cheese, or Chip because they only look like characters in the cinematic. However, does this, by any chance, mean that we'll be seeing Cheese and Chip? I haven't been keeping up, so I don't know what has and hasn't been done.

I finished this a long time ago. I dug this old pic from the 140th page, I think. I had trouble making them spawn only once, to respawn after you died or warped, and so you can actually toggle them on and off. Thankfully, SSNTails helped me out with that. And adding orbs is kinda pointless. They don't exactly compare to the rest of the puffballs. You can still edit the sprites so that they can be in the game, though.
CheeseNChips.png

Instead of typing CHEESE ON, you type TOGGLECHEESE. The commands are TOGGLECHEESE, TOGGLECHIP, and TOGGLEBIRDIE.

JEV3 said:
Also are there any plans to add any more Babylon stages and improve the speed/fly/power system? The Babylon stages were always the best in the pack but they never had the shortcuts the others had.
I fixed and added SuperSonic64's Babylon Guardian level, and that's it. I haven't bothered adding the Speed/Fly/Power paths to those levels. I probably won't add them in the end, though. Babylon Guardian is actually the only level that has those paths, but it's a flat and straight level, so they don't do much.

JEV3 said:
Looking forward to the release. Will it be coming out for SRB2ME, or before?
Before. SRB2ME will be out in July for SAGE, while mine is to be released in early May. I don't think Alam ever bothered porting the code to the latest 1.09 from the SVN, so once SRB2ME is out, I'll do the porting myself. I always take close to 2 months of self-vacation with each release, and the SVN is only updated once, to fix minor details.

Here's a water FOF with a NoClimb flag. RunOnWater was removed from the s_skin, but I might as well use the RunOnWater code for SOMETHING.
1.png

Here's a geyser that I've been planning to make for ages now.
2.png

Cream is close to being finished, thanks to Ground the Fox and Blade :D
3.png

In here, I used a Zoom Tube with a flag to switch to the Hurt frames. That's the reason why they appear to be floating.
4.png

After I added Silver's floating frames in, I just HAD to find a way to avoid being affected by lighting. Now I just can't stop playing as Silver.
5.png

Finally, here's Rouge and Blaze, for the hell of it.
6.png

A big thanks to Ground the Fox, Dr.Pepper, Chrispy, and Blade for sprites. SSNTails for his major help with coding.

This mod is more than just a Riders mod. I think it needs a new name. But that would require making a new title, and who wants to do that?

Uh, I did the original Cream Sprites. you didn't mention me. :<

Anyway, that looks awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back