The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zubat

GFZ (WIP) theme enthusiast
maxresdefault.jpg
Official Trailer!

I'm getting a vibe kinda different from traditional Zelda in what the trailer showcased, but it doesn't feel bad at all. There seems to be a ton of emphasis on the environment. I'm stoked!

I am absolutely beyond hyped. I absolutely love exploration-based games and I'm one of the people who absolutely loves Zelda 1, so this is beyond what I was expecting. If they manage to deliver a giant world that actually still feels engaging to explore all the way through, I will be losing at least a month of my life to this thing.

I was already interested the moment I heard it was going to be open-world, but after seeing the footage I'm genuinely intrigued.

Love the music, too.

I am truly hyped for this new Zelda. Coming off of TES 4: Oblivion, I'm going to love the new open world the game has to offer. It also addresses the issues I've had with previous Zelda titles, such as the somewhat vast, yet empty world of Twilight Princess, the constant reminders of Skyward Sword plus a really cool glider, and it even improves upon Wind Waker's weapon system!

I'm also intrigued by the climbing system and how similar they have the (impressive) music set up comparing to Shadow of the Colossus. I'm really curious if they'll include any bosses in the style of SotC, as Nintendo was actually planning a similar huge climbable final boss in Ocarina of Time.

Fucking hype man. This looks like the most ambitious Zelda title to date, and I love it.

The game looks epic! The world is gorgeous and I'm amazed at the level of interaction you can have with it. Combat also looks way more fun thanks to the number of weapons and shields available. Now they just have to show me the dungeons and towns.

The treehouse's livestream ended, you can now chek out various parts of it showing in depth gameplay here on Nintendo's official Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2JiZAV5BmDULhRvaW7CgwicEUIgKqQ4N

Last edited:
This game is beautiful. I am SO getting this! I think...

Not going to lie, all my life I owned Sonic games, in other words, Lots of Sonic games, no games from other franchises. I hate my life. (I do have a few Mario games though, but this is Zelda we're talking about)!

The game got me sold at the Amiibo functionality, yet that third new one they mentioned seems a mystery on what it'll do to the game... Guess we're waiting until next year to find out.

This game looks so OPEN! =0 If I end up getting it, I'm gonna hava a lot of fun with just exploring the huge world!

Oh and the Amiibo's are awesome too. I wonder what they do?

Im getting this as soon is it comes out! The graphics are beautiful with an HD sight and you can bring wolf link along! THE HYPE IS REAL!

>sony
what is this, neogaf (jk i like neogaf)

Breath of the Wild looks legit more interesting to me than most 3D Zeldas
Open world shit is my jam

I hope they fix the framerate issues. And the palette seems way more muted compared to older footage.

I don't think the Switch will be much stronger than the Wii U either, so I doubt it will perform much better there. Hopefully Nintendo is ironing these things out.

Well, I just beat it, and my god. We'll have to see if it manages to have staying power, but if it does, I'd say that I have a new favorite game of all time. Breath of the Wild does so much right it's just jaw-dropping. Pretty much my only complaints are the occasional framerate hiccups and that the shrine radar sound is annoying. Beyond that, what I played was practically flawless. I'm actually finding it difficult to even find words to describe how good it is.

If Nintendo doesn't make absurd amounts of money off of this it'd be a tragedy.

Haven't gotten much past the paraglider yet, but yeah, this game kicks ass. It's pretty much what I was hoping it would be (a Dark Souls-ish sandbox adventure game), and it's supplemented with solid combat mechanics and an intuitive crafting/item system. Story's neat too. Would recommend.

All that gliding, all that climbing, makes me feel like I'm playing Zelda & Knuckles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back