2.1: It's happening! Release details!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not happening. If I got my SRB2 history right, then the devs tried to do this with version 1.08, and it ended being a ouhuge clusterfuck of updates.

Huh. You learn something new every day. (I joined the community sometime after the release of 1.09.4.)

The question that was not answered: Will new SRB2 have LuaEdit? Or will we have to learn the language?

In that version it will use a new HUD?

Hey guys, look at this little gem I just dug up:

14k9t9k.jpg

Hilarious in hindsight doesn't even begin to describe it.

Erm, I meant it as in that SRB2 is taking so much longer than when that comment was posted about Daikatana (supposedly) also taking a long time to be complete. And now we're more than 10 years further... see where I'm going?

Erm, I meant it as in that SRB2 is taking so much longer than when that comment was posted about Daikatana (supposedly) also taking a long time to be complete. And now we're more than 10 years further... see where I'm going?

Well, SRB2's the Duke Nukem Forever of Fan Games, only in this case the game's development period doesn't make it a bad game.

I just realized that 3D SRB2 started development under a year after Sonic Adventure was released (October 1999, Sonic Adventure was released in December of 1998), making SRB2 one of the oldest 3D Sonic games. My mind is now blown.

I just realized that 3D SRB2 started development under a year after Sonic Adventure was released (October 1999, Sonic Adventure was released in December of 1998), making SRB2 one of the oldest 3D Sonic games. My mind is now blown.

Also, the 1.09.2 and .4 were released the SAME year as the 3D Sonic games fell to the oblivion: 2006.
'Nuff said.
EDIT: While looking at the Version 2.1 page of SRB2 Wiki I found in the miscellaneous part this:
-Knuckles's sprites have been remade from scratch.
At first I thought the whole NEW KNUCKLES thingy was just a joke. But maybe it is not.
(sorry if it is a preety obvious joke. I have problems to find the difference between jokes and reality).

Last edited:
Ah, SRB2 is like a fine wine. It's good to take a walk down memory lane like this.

Also, the 1.09.2 and .4 were released the SAME year as the 3D Sonic games fell to the oblivion: 2006.
'Nuff said.
EDIT: While looking at the Version 2.1 page of SRB2 Wiki I found in the miscellaneous part this:
At first I thought the whole NEW KNUCKLES thingy was just a joke. But maybe it is not.
(sorry if it is a preety obvious joke. I have problems to find the difference between jokes and reality).

It's not a joke.

Originally posted by Larztard
It's not a joke.

Then great! I really don't like the actual knuckles very much. But Chuckles is WAAAAY too good as a WAD not a Knuckles replacement. So this happy medium is perfect. At least i think it will be.

I can't wait until this comes out! You guys have really been working hard over these last couple of years, and it'll be great to see the fruits of your labor.

Eh... I thought 2.1 has implemented "Chuckles" as the actual Knuckles or at least that's what I had understood.

Zuko, what you understood is true. Chuckles is made from scratch in the way that it is not a derivative of the original Knux sprites (or any vanilla ones from 2.0, either).

>hype train

DAMN IT WHY MUST THIS BE THE WEEKEND OF ALL-COUNTY BAND
NOW I CAN'T STAY UP ALL NIGHT WAITING

Eh, oh well. Hopefully everyone will leave me alone after the concert...

Anyway, thanks STJr for doing this for forever. This is the best news I've had in quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back