Temporal Duality - a Sonic CD OC ReMix album

Status
Not open for further replies.

MellowJacket

The unreliable judge
http://soniccd.ocremix.org/

So, OC ReMix released this album a few days ago with remixes of songs across both the US and JP soundtracks and it's pretty great.

My favourites from the album having just finished listening to it once are 'Take It All the Way' (Sonic Boom remix) and 'This Is Madness!' (Metallic Madness JP bad future remix). But I enjoy most of the album, with a few very lyric heavy songs I'm not a particularly big fan of mixed in.

But yes, good music, discuss.

Last edited:
Forever in Your Mind (Sonic- You Can Do Anything) is one of the tracks I really like, much better than the other lyrical tracks so far. Compared to other lyrical tracks that may have edited a singer or so's voice it is a definite favorite out of the bunch so far. I also like Extraordinary (Cosmic Eternity - Believe in Yourself), albeit not nearly as much as I did the first time I listened. Night of the Ninth is one of my favorite tracks overall.

I still have to give other tracks a listen or two while others I have to listen to again. So far there has been quite a bit of hit or misses.

I listened to the album several times over and I've got to say I'm not impressed. Aside from (please, please, please get a life foundation) lack of attention to detail ('Get yourself, ready for LIFE? (for a fight)'), Sonic CD is an extremely hard title to remix.

Because it's the trippiest Sonic outing ever. And each zone already has three remixes on the official OST.

The 'Sonic Remix' album released in Japan back in the mid-90s does a WAY better job of remixing.

Aside from the Japanese remix album, I'm talking about:

*) Past Remix (ok, so this is also japanese-only)
*) Good Future Remix
*) Bad Future Remix

The US soundtrack also has the 'Sonic Boom' album, which is essentially what the US music WOULD have been if a) CDs had more space and b) Spencer didn't have to line up his tracks to be the exact same duration as the Japanese ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back