Opengl mode 1FPS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone
I Was trying to run SRB2 in Opengl video rendrer "Added command -Opengl" but it didn't work fine,the game runs in 1FPS,even when i try to lower video setting such as Screen size.. i'm now Confused about the System Requirements to Run SRB2 ?? this is so Wierd .
*Graphics Card Driver (Updated)
*Windows Status (Updated)
Is there anyway to increase the FPS ??

Play the game in windowed mode and use an SRB2 launcher from the MB, choose the openGL setting, and you can play the game that way

Did you try lowering the resolution?
Didn't you read the thread fully,i did :D,i also tried to run game as Compatible with Windows XP SP2

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Remember when i said 1FPS,i lied... the truth is 3 to 4
here's the Screenshot
u3BbnZ.png

That's the software renderer, not the OGL renderer. Lowering the resolution should help, and if you're under Windows 8, try setting your compatibility mode to Windows 7.

Try using the srb2 launcher (found here). There is an option to select open gl mode, which will definitely help you on windows 8. I have tried using compatibility settings myself, and frame rate hasn't really improved on software.

You can also try the SDL2 exe, but I am unsure where the version that works with 2.1.8 though. It is currently in the early testing phase anyway.

That's the software renderer, not the OGL renderer.
Wrong. If you look closely at the walls that make up the hall, the texture shows a bit of skewering as you trace the lines down. In software they'd always be vertically straight.

Quite frankly, if the lag is only in OpenGL, sticking with the software renderer might be your best bet. It's the default and as such generally renders things in a more intended fashion, anyway.

That's so Wierd,i used to Play doom fine with OGL in other ports,what's the diffrent ??

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

I Tried everything i can :
*I Updated Video card driver
*Changed Compatibility to Windows XP SP2,and Windows 7
*Lowered the Resolution ,Disabled FOG....
*Restarted PC...
But it didn't work..is this Supposed to be a Bug or what ?..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back