Tortured Planet v9 (scmrtf_TorturedPlanet-v9.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A mixture of bugfixes and more substantial improvements to the first three zones, as he already stated.

Guessing it would be a while before the next release?

Also, on the other side of the entrance to the emerald room in SWZ1 there is a missing texture.

Last edited:
Hi Fawfulfan! i recently downloaded the 6.3v of TP and i found a several mistake (glitch) in SAZ act 1, there is a long grass tile floating in the air.

I played all of SAZ and it became better, i will give a 8,5/10 for the good gameplay (and now it's one of the best first zone over all level packs). I'm not giving you 10/10 for two complaints:
·Bad placed robo hoods in act 2 (-0,50)
·The zone itself it's a little unplayable in some parts because there are a lot of sectors that are laggy (The same problem have ECZ,DDZ,LGZ,AAZ). (-1)

ECZ: great level. Here are my complaint:

I could pass easily the crushers and falling yellow blocks sectors bording the rooms (on the sides).

DDZ: mmm, i don't like the new textures, but those put a more variation in the level. In some areas i felt that i'm playing Duke Nukem or Doom. But you could keep those textures and change it when SRB2 release Dark City Zone.

DDZ: mmm, i don't like the new textures, but those put a more variation in the level. In some areas i felt that i'm playing Duke Nukem or Doom. But you could keep those textures and change it when SRB2 release Dark City Zone.

...okay, either BOTH of the download links are wrong, I'm missing something, or corrector just looked at that one screenshot, because to me, DDZ looks EXACTLY THE SAME. Okay, for some reason, the version Iw as using was just a FEW letters off from the previous one or something.

Okay, so you MIXED it with current textures? Ugh...
I know this is still slightly better than the older job, but most of the DCZ textures and your custom ones just don't blend well with Duke. More in particular, the black & red bricks and your varients. They just clash compeltely.

Try to stick with a centralized pallete for your level. Brown + black + gray might be overdone, but it works well for this stage. I suggest you keep the bricks out, as not only do they clash colorwise, but art style wise.

Also try to think of just how the texture was used. For example, who's gonna draw the EXACT SAME graffiti over and over on the same wall in a perfect pattern? Why would a window be used on a wall a foot thick? Why is that window CUT OFF? Why are there cartoony crates (ACZ) mixed with realistic (Duke) ones? Think carefully when using textures like that.

Last edited:
Don't know if this issue has been stated yet but in Eruption Conduct Zone Act 2 when you go into the room where you fight the Crawla Commanders on the giant conveyor belt. If you fall into the lava, there is no way to get back up if you are Sonic.

ECZ changed very little, but there are still modifications here and there. One of the lava areas that was impossible to get out of now has an escape route, for instance. However, the real foci of v6.3 were SAZ and DDZ. v6.4 will focus on SNZ and (possibly) ECZ.

---------- Post added at 12:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Hi Fawfulfan! i recently downloaded the 6.3v of TP and i found a several mistake (glitch) in SAZ act 1, there is a long grass tile floating in the air.
Ummm...WHERE in SAZ1? I can't find this glitch.

Well, you didn't do anything to the yellow blocks, which you said you would for v6.3.

So, in SAZ, you still have those awful lakes at the end of Act 1. Do you really love them that much or did you just not get around to replacing them yet?

Ummm...WHERE in SAZ1? I can't find this glitch.
srb20001.png

Near the end of the level.

Well, the lakes have actually been made considerably shallower. But I am making a hasty additional update which could address them further.

Well, the lakes have actually been made considerably shallower. But I am making a hasty additional update which could address them further.
I think if you just make sure the player actually has to hop across the islands instead of running along the edges, they'd be much better. But then again, you still haven't used the plants as stepping stones, so you might wanna try and incorporate that.

I agree with SpiritCrusher the lakes sections in SAZ are a little boring, after you fall in the water you have to find a spring and return to the outside. Those sections don't offer any challenge and are boring, luckly the rest of the level are really well done. I suggest you to use the jet jaw in water areas, i know that you don't want to use the same enemie for different zones, but sometimes i think that some enemies could be placed again in another zone to make it more interesting (in SAZ and SNZ jet jaw in water areas, in SWZ crawla commander, popup turret, snailers or jetty-syns for outsides areas), also i think you could remove some enemies in AAZ and replace by others (green turtle, snailer, pointys, BUSH).

Another thing I forgot to mention regarding the lakes: The springs that make you escape are at the end of them. If you fall in, you can skip everything. So, if I were you, I would move the springs to the back end and remove the ground around the outer edges.

I'll do that.

Also, I forgot about my promise to modify the yellow blocks. I'm recategorizing v6.4 as an amendment to v6.3...I think you can expect to see it released later today.

I think if you just make sure the player actually has to hop across the islands instead of running along the edges, they'd be much better. But then again, you still haven't used the plants as stepping stones, so you might wanna try and incorporate that.

But the trees are used as stepping stones at one part, is that not decent enough?
I think SAZ2 has more vertical platforming such as at the end which removes thoking corners. It makes it a bit more exciting however, I found a gaphical error in the lake section as well as (to my misfortune) still large lag around the first part of the starting room.

But the trees are used as stepping stones at one part, is that not decent enough?
Of course, I really like that section. But then again, why should he not use that gimmick if he could use it easily? The level is great without them, but they would add a bit of a new dimension.

Of course, I really like that section. But then again, why should he not use that gimmick if he could use it easily? The level is great without them, but they would add a bit of a new dimension.

Yes, but remember that they are fiddly from how small they are. Slightly bigger trees could work better yes, I think it would add a bit more of exploration to the level.

Yes, but remember that they are fiddly from how small they are. Slightly bigger trees could work better yes, I think it would add a bit more of exploration to the level.
Well, there already bigger trees in the level. Also, hopping on these plants actually works rather well, I tried it out. They're not really too small.

Well, there already bigger trees in the level. Also, hopping on these plants actually works rather well, I tried it out. They're not really too small.

Perhaps have a 'James and the giant beanstalk' moment and have a huge one of those plants pop out of the ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back