Your Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is mainly for sharing your options and such. Like how you set your camera, what you have your jump button as, etc.

Anyways, I'll start off.

I have two modes: chasecam 0 and chasecam 1 mode that I alternate between, mainly in CTF/Match modes.

My chasecam 1 mode has the following settings: cam_height 50, cam_dist 325, and cam_speed 0.15. This gives me a very free and open FOV so no one can sneak around me easily. This is generally my default mode in CTF/Match, since it gives me a lot of control with platforming. I use this mode with only the keyboard. The bind to switch to this mode is star (*).

My chasecam 0 is just...well, chasecam 0. I switch to this when I have to aim vertically. I use the keyboard and the mouse together with this mode, obviously. The bind to switch to this mode is zero (0).

I have my jump button as backslash (/) in chasecam 1 mode and left click in chasecam 0 mode. My spindash is period (.) in chasecam 1 mode, while it's middle click in chasecam 0 mode.

Semicolon (;) is my fire button in chasecam 1 mode, and in chasecam 0 mode, it's right click. Comma (,) is my toss flag/emerald button. I use U and I to strafe (strange, I know, but I've gotten use to it). I use O and P to go through my weapons in chasecam 1 mode, and I scroll to go through my weapons in chasecam 0 mode.

I have the one key (1) set as my trademark setrings 5000 button, while I have two (2), three (3), and four (4) to switch between Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles respectively to give me an incredible advantage in nearly every mode. Backspace is pause, and, well, that's it.

Depends. For coop/race I use keyboard... Which uses arrow keys. For match/ctf I use mouse with arrow keys. I WOULD use wasd but that messes up gameplay for me when playing coop.

Last edited:
In all cases, I use this control setup:
WASD = Movement
Left Click = Jump
Right Click = Fire
Middle Mouse Wheel = Spin & Weapon Change
Q = Reset Camera
E = Throw Flag
Y = Talk
U = Team Talk
1,2,3 = Skin Changing

Last edited:
My setup:

WASD = Forward Back and Strafe
Mouse1 = Jump
Mouse2 = Spin
Mouse3 = NextWeapon
MouseWheelUpAndDown = Fire
Q = PrevWeapon
E = TossFlag
Caps Lock = Center view

I have mouse sensitivity binds which helps me rail to:
C "crosshair cross; mousesens 45; mlooksens 27"
X "crosshair angle; mousesens 27; mlooksens 19"
V "crosshair point; mousesens 20; mlooksens 18"

Chasecam:
R = On
F = Off

Awkward set up but that's what I use.

W,A,S,D = Forward, Back and Strafe Left/Right.
Mouse1 = Jump
Mouse2 = Spin
MouseWheelUpAndDown = NextWeapon/PreviousWeapon
Space = Fire

I'm not using my computer right now to see my camera and mouse configuration, but for my speedruns, I usually leave everything as fast and as sensitive as I can control, because it allows me to turn around very quickly. But for match I prefer a slower mouse speed, so I can aim more accurately.

Same as PHCC, but I fire with the left click of the mouse. I use space to throw red rings. That way I mix both a weapon ring and the red ring by altering them without switching of weapons. I spin with Q.

I always use chasecam 1 because first person is a pain in the ass to use, and my controls:
Arrow Keys:Move around (WASD is a retarded control scheme.)
Z:Spindash
X:Ring Toss
Space:Jump (why would ANYONE use the mouse for jumping? Ugh.)
E-Q:Next weapon/Previous weapon.

I always use chasecam 1 because first person is a pain in the ass to use, and my controls:
What about for multiplayer?
You must have a great disadvantage if you:
-Don't play in first person in match/tag/CTF games as you can't aim quickly.
-Just rely on the arrow keys, you might not be able to dodge attacks or reach areas with more skill.
-Don't use the mouse for jumping, actually you can ignore this one as it depends on how you set up your controls.

I always use chasecam 1 for single player, coop and race.
My controls on my laptop are normally,
Z: Jump
X: Spindash
C: Ring Toss
V: Normal Ring Toss
Arrows keys and W(UP),S(DOWN): Move normally (or Doom 2 movement)
A,D: Strafe left right.

On my computer the controls are the same but the left mouse button is to jump, the middle button is the spindash, and the right mouse button is to fire.
And I use the mouse look to turn.

What about for multiplayer?
You must have a great disadvantage if you:
-Don't play in first person in match/tag/CTF games as you can't aim quickly.
-Just rely on the arrow keys, you might not be able to dodge attacks or reach areas with more skill.
-Don't use the mouse for jumping, actually you can ignore this one as it depends on how you set up your controls.
Chasecam 1 is my primary mode, and I play CTF and match well. Chasecam 1 doesn't really put you at a disadvantage. I can tangle really well with the top CTF and match players, and I consider myself in the top (probably not top 5 though).

The first point you bring up is an okay point, as I can't hit those Tails players that fly a lot easily (though autoaim helps), but the second point you're making is the other way around for me. I find it a heck of a whole lot easier doing platforming and dodging with chasecam on because I can actually see what's around me.

That's just me though.

Well I play both keyboard and mouse. Mostly mouse if I have one with me, if not I got a keyboard setup for it.

Forward = W
Reverse = S
Turn left = Left Arrow
Turn Right = Right Arrow
Jump = Mouse 2 or Up Arrow
Spin = Q
Ring Toss = Mouse 1 or Down Arrow
Ring Toss Normal = Space
Taunt = R
Toss Flag = E
Strafe On = None
Strafe Left = A
Strafe Right = D
Look Up = None
Look Down = None
Center View = Mouse 3 Or Rshift
Mouselook = None
Talk Key = T
Team-Talk Key = Y
Rankings/Scores = Tab
Console = Key96
Next Weapon = Wheel 1 Up Or /
Prev Weapon = Wheel 1 Down Or Rctrl
Weapon Slot 1 = None
Weapon Slot 2 = None
Weapon Slot 3 = None
Weapon Slot 4 = None
Weapon Slot 5 = None
Weapon Slot 6 = None
Weapon Slot 7 = None
Rotate Camera L = None
Rotate Camera R = None
Reset Camera = None
Pause = Key255

That my setup for both only mouse and keyboard or just keyboard.

As for gamemodes. I always use Chasecam off when I am in Match/CTF/Tag/HS And I use Chasecam on when I am playing Coop/Race

And if this counts, my timer is set to full, and my console color set to red.

As for my mouse speed, up and down = 25 Left and left and right = 25

That is my whole setup. Unless you want to count my entire .cfg collections I made, to add extra commands for my self. Other then that, that is all.

but the second point you're making is the other way around for me. I find it a heck of a whole lot easier doing platforming and dodging with chasecam on because I can actually see what's around me.
I don't think my second point was about the chasecam, I meant when you strafe in netgames.
TSDude said:
I think I should have been more clearer :/

This works best in levels where it's easy to fall to your doom, for example Nimbus Ruins Zone (CTF), strafing can help prevent deaths.

Chasecam modes are default. I prefer mouse and keyboard. I use controllers when playing split screen mostly. I don't think I've ever used controllers in a netgame.

Mouse/Keyboard Setup:
Forward: W
Reverse: S
Strafe Left: A
Strafe Right: D
Jump: Space
Spin: Ctrl
Ring Toss Normal: Mouse 1
Ring Toss: Mouse 2
Talk: T
Team Talk: Y
Scores: Tab
Console: `
Next Weapon: Mwheel Down
Previous Weapon: Mwheel Up
Slot 1: 1
Slot 2: 2
Slot 3: 3
Slot 4: 4
Slot 5: 5
Slot 6: 6
Slot 7: 7
Reset Camera: Mouse 4
Pause: Pause

Mouse Sensitivity: 25
Mouse Look Sensitivity: 10

Controller Setup:
Axis for Turning: X-Rudder
Axis for Moving: Y-Axis
Axis for Strafing: X-Axis-
Axis for Looking: Y-Rudder
Jump: Joy 1
Spin: Joy 2
Ring Toss: Joy 3
Ring Toss Normal: Joy 4
Next Weapon: Joy 6
Previous Weapon: Joy 5
Reset Camera: Joy 10

I don't think my second point was about the chasecam, I meant when you strafe in netgames.

I think I should have been more clearer :/

This works best in levels where it's easy to fall to your doom, for example Nimbus Ruins Zone (CTF), strafing can help prevent deaths.
You can strafe with chasecam on...I do incredibly well with the chasecam on in Nimbus Ruins. If I change my cam_height to 125 it gives me a very good (and unfair) advantage in Nimbus Ruins, especially in the bases.

Last edited:
chasecam on in Nimbus Ruins...
I change my cam_height to 125 it gives me a very good (and unfair) advantage...
especially in the bases...
And you've just given me good tips for me to win.
It seems that using chasecam in Jade Valley Zone (Match) gives you a advantage when a player usually comes suddenly around corners. But then it's the trouble of shooting with accuracy.

And you've just given me good tips for me to win.
It seems that using chasecam in Jade Valley Zone (Match) gives you a advantage when a player usually comes suddenly around corners. But then it's the trouble of shooting with accuracy.
Make sure to set your cam_dist to 325 too :P

Accuracy isn't a problem for me, honestly. I can rail pretty good with chasecam on.

When I first started using this setup, it felt uncomfortable. But I got used to it after a while.

Arrow Keys and Mouse = Movement
Left Click = Ring Toss
Spin = 1
Right Click = Jump
Mouse Wheel UP = Next Weapon
Mouse Wheel Down = Previous Weapon
Toss Flag = .

Mine are all of the default controls, except I switched the jump and spindash buttons.

yay go for it Aries

And also, concerning

WASD is officialy the most famous and easiest controls for moving, without talking about the fact you can strafe, and not turn. Not "retarded".
It's okay if you want to use space for jumping, a lot of players do, but since jumping is almost as much important as moving (and moving is just THE most important rule), it's good to have a button you can easily press. Or smash. super smash bros

Geez, some of you guys are damn complicated.

WASD - Moving/Strafing
Left mouse - Jump
Right mouse - Spin
Wheel - Shoot
Q/E - Weapon switch
Toss Flag - Left Shift

Even though I don't play Match/CTF often anymore.

W/S = Forward/Backwards
A/D = Strafe Left/Right
Left Arrow = Turn Left
Right Arrow = Turn Right
Mouse 1 = Ring Toss
Mouse 2 = Nothing
Mouse Wheel = Nothing
Space = Jump
X = Spin
Q/E = Weapon Cycle
Z = Toss Flag
F = Chasecam on
G = Chasecam off
V = crosshair angle; mousesens 27; mlooksens 19
B = crosshair point; mousesens 20; mlooksens 18
C = crosshair cross; mousesens 45; mlooksens 27
[ = say FUCK RAILS!
autoaim off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back