Marvel VS Capcom 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed the deconfirmed part of your post, as I was about to point out Ghost Rider and Phoenix Wright. Ghost Rider is just a Dormammu recolor anyway.

I'll probably get this game, not so sure yet. I enjoyed playing the original classic online with Gsuki, but it still feels like smashing random buttons and getting lucky.

hm...out of curiosity, the list says "Megaman X" and there's Megaman on the screenshot; so does that mean X and Megaman will be separate characters?

I'm pretty sure the roster won't be overloaded like MvC2.

And thank god the game has no jazz music too, not that I hate jazz, but it's really unfitting to a fighting game.

Some more random bits of info.

eventhubs.com said:
Character notes

• New characters will be announced every month up until release. At least two new characters every month. The release date will more than likely be in March 2011, although this isn't official.

• Niitsuma said there would be a representative from the Mega Man games. The top candidates would of course be one of the Mega Man iterations, Zero or Roll, who have all appeared in a Vs. game at some point.

• There won't be any original characters, according to Niitsuma, like Ruby Heart or Amingo in MvC2.

• There are more Marvel villains than Capcom villains, it's just the way it worked out, it wasn't originally planned that way. Marvel has a lot more villains to choose from.

• Niitsuma said some of the most requested characters were Phoenix Wright, Vergil (Devil May Cry) and more Mega Man characters.

• Magneto has some new juice, but the things you liked before from Marvel vs. Capcom 2 are still largely there, including his dashes. His rushdown ability isn't the same, but he works well off of assists still. He has new options in the air in terms of projectiles, but he's still a work in progress, but rest assured, he's not a complete departure how he was in MvC2.

• Magneto was planned from the outset of the game, Niitsuma said fans would have been mad if he wasn't included since he was in MvC2.

• Ghost Rider was considered a candidate up until the middle of development, but the team couldn't figure out a way to incorporate his bike into the game and they didn't want to include him without it.

• They said the same thing about Silver Surfer, they couldn't incorporate his surf board, so he didn't make the cut.

• MODOK was not the incredibly broken character who made "Seth Killian's mind melt." On the subject of the mind melting character, Seth added it's not that it's surprising they're in the game — it's just how they were implemented.

• Normal attacks are not MODOK's specialty. He's heavily dependent on Special and Hyper Moves to win, but he also has a number of things that are unique to him. One thing is he has a fly mechanic where when he jumps he's in a flying state, just by pressing up.

• T.Q. Jefferson said to keep your eyes peeled in regards to more Marvel female characters.

• Chris Redfield's punches are not like Fei Long's Rekka Kens.

• Magneto is, "still pringles."

• Capcom includes a lot of female Darkstalkers characters because they want to keep the balance between male and female fighters and Niitsuma feels like the female Darkstalkers are some of the most interesting.

• The Monster Hunter team said they didn't really want their characters in MvC3.

General stuff

• You most likely won't be able to choose the same character twice in online Ranked matches, but in other modes it may be possible, this is still being decided.

• When asked about a replay mode, like the one in Super Street Fighter 4, Niitsuma said they did want to put in something similar.

• If there are unlockable characters, don't expect a cheat code that opens them all up.

• Capcom is finishing working on Episode 3 and they're not sure when they're going to release it. Seth Killian said there's a few more cinematic trailers in store for fans.

• Niitusama said there will be 4 different colors to choose from for each character when the game ships. Marvel characters will be more like costumes instead of colors. All of the Marvel costumes are coming from Marvel.

• Most of the stages in MvC3 are related to characters in the game — for the most part. Not all of the stages have been shown yet.

• The endings won't be fully animated, they'll be done in the classic Capcom style. i.e. a 2D image illustration with text.

• Once more of the characters are revealed, more of the game modes will be revealed.

• Deadpool's lines were changed because there were some problems with them, but Niitsuma said he couldn't get into it.

• There will be a sound mode in the game where you can listen to all of the effects and music and stuff.

• Seth confirmed that MvC3 has hit stun infinite prevention, meaning the longer your combo goes on, the less hit stun moves will cause, making your opponent fall out of any potential infinites.

• You can still get very big combos, and even 100% combos if you use a lot of meter and activate X-Factor — but it will be difficult to do so.

• You cannot Advance Guard assist attacks right now. It makes things very interesting, assist characters are much stronger. The advancing guard system isn't final yet.

• Seth said the tag in command, by holding the assist button, is likely going to stay.

• As mentioned before, many of the Supers and Special Moves that were unsafe in MvC2 are safe on block in Marvel vs. Capcom 3.

Arthur

• Arthur is primarily a ranged character with good lockdowns.

• Doing a quarter-circle forward command with Light Attack will have him throw his dagger out, mashing the buttons will have him repeatedly throw his dagger, just like Ghosts 'n Goblins. He can currently have about 8 daggers on screen at once.

• Seth said Arthur is good against rushdown characters, like X-23.

• He can power up his armor with one of his Hyper moves. Doing so gives all of his weapons different behaviors.

• Arthur's armor breaks based on damage he takes, but currently various moves will break it, too.

• He has a double jump.

• Has a B.E.A.T. (The robot bird in Megaman) plane Hyper move which can put out A LOT of fireballs.

• Twin Dragons Level 3 Hyper has a full screen effect.

• Niitsuma said that Viewtiful Joe is smaller than Arthur, but wasn't positive this was the case. So, Arthur has a pretty small hitbox.

Spencer

• Spencer's movement speed is slow if he doesn't use his bionic arm to get around the screen.

• Has a high stamina (health) rating.

• He's a ranged character with very damaging combos.

• With most characters you're pushed out of range when you're doing a combo so you can't continue it, but Spencer has so much range, you can keep combos going.

• Has a terrific command grab.

• They used the new Spencer because they didn't feel like the old school version would look as good in MvC3.

Zero & She-Hulk Gameplay video

Zero & She-Hulk Gameplay video 2

COLLECTOR'S EDITION, LOLWUT

270557_CELG.jpg

Confirmed DLC characters:

dlcnotedmvc3jillcharact.jpg

dlcnotedmvc3shumagochar.jpg

I don't care if this is the RE5 Jill, it's still Jill to me and I wanted her into the game

But hopefully she will have alternate costumes like BSAA or the classic RE games, because I love those (and that way, haters will stop hating)

Details about missions and license cards

ffd59cfdaa4f954f8f5b8038c7d032d2.jpg

7727f6de3962e038c0aec24308ce7583.jpg

btw, certain characters have been deconfirmed because of certain reasons and may be added as DLC later

Last edited:
Man, I hate on-the-disc DLC. It feels so cheap when a company puts something ready to go on a disc but makes you pay for it any way. If it turns out that the other 8 characters are ready to go like that after somebody hacks open the disc, I'm going to be very angry at Capcom. As will many, many other people.

I guess I'm still looking forward to it, but it really makes me feel like I'm bending over for Capcom or something while I buy this game.

Oh yeah, from what I've heard on another forum, there's been a few leaks. No idea if any of these are actually true, so, grain of salt and all that...

Pheonix (the X-Men one, not Ace Attorney) and Taskmaster are going to be in, apparently. Pheonix will apparently have a resurrection move like Gill if she has all 5 bars of super, and Taskmasker will be kind of like Seth, with a lot of moves from the other characters along with some of his own moves.

Mike Haggar
- Shares some of Zangief's moves but only to an extent as he is still very much his own character
- HP has him using a lead pipe
- Super 1 - Punches with one arm over and over again, think Cracker Jack in SFEX
- Level 3 Super - Final Haggar Buster (his version of FAB), ends with piledriver which results in different camera angles on the last frame, think when you beat someone with a super in Star Gladiator

C. Viper
- She has EX moves that take metre, done by using the Exchange button to do the moves
- She has a Focus Attack, which may have potential for assist traps

Again, dunno if any of this actually true.

I doubt the DLC characters would be inside the disc already, because the name speaks by itself, "downloadable" content. Besides, there's some DLC characters that people may not like, so they just won't download it, it's not like you're forced to buy a character pack, but get it if you think it's worth buying (I guess it's three dollars per pack/character). And thanks to the DLC, Capcom can work on characters they didn't have time for

Tron? And MIKE HAGGAR? ARTHUR!?
Holy balls, this is shaping up to be fucking amazing.
Just give me Phoenix Wright and I'll find a way to pay for this. Though I can't help but feel a bit worried about character saturation. You know, when characters start being clones of each other and stop being so unique. You know what I mean, after all, you guys played the Smash Bros past the n64 era.

I doubt the DLC characters would be inside the disc already, because the name speaks by itself, "downloadable" content.

seinfeldhadenough.gif

As long as Howard the Duck's still in, I'm good.
Wasn't he recently deconfirmed?
Yes, Zero's rival is Marvel side, please keep eye on them.
I can give you another hint about She Hulk & Zero 's rival: She Hulk vs (The Mayor) & Zero vs (The Mercenaries).
Howard Duck? (laugh with giggle) no, he is not gonna be in

The user didn't post a source, but it seems that this was posted from an interview or blog post?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back