SRB2 Console Ports info (PS3 r6752)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man...

OVER TWO MONTHS!!!

I assume this is because you are waiting for srb2 v2.1 to be released and/or you are really busy.

I'm not really mad about it though.

yes, no, maybe?

there been an update of the MOB binaries, try now?

I will?

To prevent agitation,I only have access to internet through a library on saturdays *posting at one now* with their sucky old version no pop-up blocker internet explorer being the only browser of use.

TP

Edit:It sucks,so,it still gave me a stack dump when I ran it.

I found out that it also is a DOL file instead of an ELF file and was only 2 Megs instead of 4 Megs like 2.0.0 RC4 was.

I hope you can fix this cuz it sucks that I see a speed update release and cannot use it because of a dump crash.

In case it helps the 2.0.6 binary did not include the outer SRB2Wii folder,it also did not have the compressed filesystem.tar file as well.

Edit:I found another build in the filesystem of the music.dat fix,it did not dump,and it runs (a little faster than 2.0.0 RC4) but does not expand the files or load/save save files.
Because of that, I cannot get access to the secrets menu in use of my save files.

Last edited:
HELLO!!!! HELLo!!! HELlo!! Hello!

R.U.O.K!

:)

Edit:Are you ok is what that meant,sorry.

Last edited:
Y'know, I don't HAVE to code these ports for you guys if you are going to complain about how long I'm taking...

The Wii port has to wait since, quite simply, my Wii is fucked, and I'm going to get a new one soon.

The DS port is unlikely to ever be usable.

The PS3 port is on hold until it is easier to get homebrew on the system (at which point I'll probably buy a PS3 and work on it properly).

I apologize.

The confusing thing is that in the repos directory page, there are several different binaries made by other members (all 2.0.6) and some of them run yet do not access save data/expand the tar.gz file, also not having linux run them.

I would think/I hope one of the other SRB2Wii team members could temporarily work on the main project until you can continue again.

---------- Post added at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

I apologize.

I noticed that on the repos, there are several SRB2Wii versions from other members (all 2.0.6) and I got some of them running, but they don't access the save files.

I hope one of the other SRB2Wii team members can temporarily work on the main project until you can again.

I am not initially worried about the ds port, i'm just intrigued by it.

Edit:Gay internet connection caused a DP.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's such a thing as an SRB2Wii team. It's pretty much just Callum.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there's such a thing as an SRB2Wii team. It's pretty much just Callum.

I think it says SRB2Wii team on the app description with the HBC.

Just copy/paste the SRB2Wii URL in your http box and remove the file text then go to the parent directory of the repos.

Then you navigate to the Wii port folder and you will notice several different versions of it made by other members.

Last edited:
I’m just double checking, does srb2nds work on 3DS?
I have a 2GB SD card and I don’t want my 3DS to be corrupted or anything.
Also does SRB2 PS3 only work for 3.55 since I have only 3.61?
Thank you.

Last edited:
Excuse me, SRB2Wii isn't working. I open it in the homebrew channel, then it says some white writing some stuff and some numbers with arrows and nothing happens. It freezes and i have to turn my Wii off and if i try again it does the same thing anyway.

NDS & Wii port

I've tried both the NDS port and the Wii port. The Wii version is good. However, the NDS one has issues.

It refuses to launch on my Max Media Dock and returns the error: "Couldn't init FAT."

Is this setup to be patched with the DLDI drivers? I tried patching it and it seemed to work but since the game doesn't recognize my Slot-2 device, something tells me they were left out.

I don't doubt this will be a hard port to get running, but if Quake 2 works, certainty SRB2 can be made to work.

Edit: Also, will the Dreamcast port be seeing the light of day again any time soon?

Last edited:
Edit: Also, will the Dreamcast port be seeing the light of day again any time soon?

I highly doubt there will ever be a Dreamcast port, mainly because the porter might not know how to port SRB2 to the Dreamcast (because they might not own one or know the configuration).

You can't read stickies topics very well, can you?

If you'll note, the link in that quote is broken and so is the one it's quoted from. Not to mention, a 1ST_READ.BIN is not itself bootable, so my question is still valid: Is/Will it be updated to the most recent version of SRB2, and will it be made to be bootable or at least include instructions on how to make a bootable disc from it?

The SRB2Wii version isn't working for me either at the moment. The release version gets a stack crash, and the debug version appears to stop on I_StartupTimer...(waiting for debugger?). Is the current version broken/outdated, or is there some possible incompatibility on my end?

There have been multiple posts across multiple threads. All of the console ports have stopped being actively updated. Some of these haven't seen updates in years. The post above you was from 2013.

Please pay a bit more attention. Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back