SRB2 Console Ports info (PS3 r6752)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Callum:(Question for DS port)Can you enable paging and/or Slot-2 RAM on SRB2NDS like SNemulDS uses to make it run a lot better?

I just ran it (2.0.6) on my supercard ds-one sdhc with slot-2 supercard in my dslite until it eventually said ERROR:Music lump read_m not found!,then,out of memory allocating 172176 bytes.

And can I use an older version of SRB2 for this?

Last edited:
Mob!

@Callum:(Question for DS port)Can you enable paging and/or Slot-2 RAM on SRB2NDS like SNemulDS uses to make it run a lot better?

I just ran it (2.0.6) on my supercard ds-one sdhc with slot-2 supercard in my dslite until it eventually said out of memory allocating 172176 bytes.

And can I use an older version of SRB2 for this?

Try this:
http://alam.srb2.org/SRB2_MOB/nds/Release/srb2.nds

Now I get "Error while loading md2.dat"

Thanks,now it runs intro then memory info occurs.

#in kb
total heap used - 1396
static - 899
static sound n music both 0
locked cache - 11
level,special thinker,and all purgable - 0
patch info headers - 469
mipmap patches,hw texture cache,plane polygons,and hw texture used all 0

system memory info
total physical memory:
0 kb
available physical memory
0 kb

and out of memory allocating 262152 bytes.

Edit:Tried skipping and got speeding off to level text to appear!!!

Error: Music lump map01m not found!

kb stats in short

33*music ^v^

Out of memory allocating 103144 bytes.

And also,WTF extremely awesome 60FPS skipless frame-rate choppy-looking menu.

Another thing,what would help performance by changing said thing/s in config file.

Edit 3/21:What part is md2.dat for anyway?

Last edited:
SRB2-32x_2.png

How could you forget the 32X port?
Hah!

Might try out the Wii version some time, actually.

Imma test SRB2NDS on my M3 Sakura when I get home. What's the Farthest people have gotten with it?

On my Supercard DSONE SDHC Slot-1 with Supercard Lite (Slot-2 [4MB]) I got as far as selecting the character and it said "speeding off to level" then ran out of memory.

Updated the PS3 build to r6752. Not much this time, just cleaned up the text rendering code and any fixes to SRB2 that have happened these past few weeks. Please test if the text rendering still works on the PS3.

Updated the PS3 build to r6752. Not much this time, just cleaned up the text rendering code and any fixes to SRB2 that have happened these past few weeks. Please test if the text rendering still works on the PS3.

YES! I love it! Any kind of progress is always awesome! :D :D :D Gonna test it now. BRB with the results, will update op with screen shots as well. :)

Update: It's a no go man, :(

picture0038k.jpg

I know it's a horrible picture, couldn't seem to get the brightness right, but basically What's happening is all the text is scrolling down bunched up together. When I first installed the updated srb2, I didn't remove my old version, but it did seem to load all the files fine. *I could kinda make out something that said, hope you enjoy the game as much as we enjoyed making it* But then it just froze and the game still didn't start. I couldn't really make out anything else either because the words were overlapping each other. So then what I did, I uninstalled my old version and then reinstalled the new version, upload the srb2 files to the srb2ps3 folder and attempted to load the game. This time, no files were loaded and all the words were still overlapping each other. Then it just kicked me back out to the XMB. The reason the files didn't load I think is because perhaps I didn't place them in the correct section in the srb2ps3 folder. *I put them in the root folder of srb2ps3*, if that's incorrect let me know. Also I'm running rebug 3.55-1 just in case that makes a difference, although I kinda doubt it since rebug 3.55-1 has the same features of the older firmware I was running which was kmeaw 3.55.

Last edited:
In SRB2Wii, if you go to the options menu and select Server Settings, it crashes the game. Might affect other ports, but I do know for a fact it crashes the game in SRB2Wii.

Sorry to bombard you with questions, but: At which point did it freeze? Did you get an error message? Which revision were you using?

I'm using the one on the front page of this topic. When I select the character/start a saved file, it thinks for a while, the screen goes grey, and it gives me this:

DSCN1539.jpg

Thanks for the screenshot sith12345,because I don't have a way to get a picture for lack of the wire needed for my camera to transfer a pic with the results to upload with my pc.

Edit 4/19/2011:@sith12345:Did the menu have visual tearing/smooth,fast speed like mine did?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back