SRB2 Console Ports info (PS3 r6752)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, you should have srb2.srb by default unless you renamed the extension to .wad. Second, if it has the wrong PWAD ID, you the file was edited or corrupted. Remember to also put the files in /SRB2PS3 in the USB or hard drive.
As I said before I made sure all the files were in the folder so SRB2 would load... Another thing is that I redownloaded SRB2 2.0.6 and put every file into the hard drive of my PS3... It loads all the files except srb2.srb. (Also it was .srb not.wad) I never thought about having it in my USB flash drive though. Might test later.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

I never said you had to be part of Sony to sign the PS3 apps.. I was just responding to one of the users having problems not being able to run the app at first.

I never said you had to be part of Sony to sign the PS3 apps.. I was just responding to one of the users having problems not being able to run the app at first.

By SIGNED I mean by when the PS3 tries to install it, it won't let it because the software is not by Sony.

I have a feeling that I know where the files need to go. Going to report back in a bit.

Well, you did, actually. And sorry about the whole old news thing...

Quick question though. Is there a reason that a new SRB2Wii build using libogc is here and the SRB2Wii topic still has the Wii Linux one? Like some kind of public beta deal?

Well, you did, actually. And sorry about the whole old news thing...

Quick question though. Is there a reason that a new SRB2Wii build using libogc is here and the SRB2Wii topic still has the Wii Linux one? Like some kind of public beta deal?
I see my mistake... thanks for posting.

The SRB2PS3 PKG file is signed with the root key Geohot calculated, which happens to be exactly the same as Sony's, so yeah, it looks like authentic Sony software. The only reason Geohot's firmware is required is because Sony disallowed installing package files from USB Mass Storage Devices, so yeah, in order for it to install, his update PUP is required to be installed.

Actually, I also support an unsigned version of SRB2PS3 for people with PSJailbreak devices, I will upload this version when I get home (though I think the normal version might work already).

I guess so. At this stage, SRB2 on Wii Linux still has much more functionality and much less glitches than the libogc native one.

Updated all builds to r6599. This adds font scaling for SRB2PS3 and it won't crash if it can't find WADs/fonts. Also, I've also added the PSJailbreak version of SRB2PS3 up too, so people can use this if they have a PSJailbreak device and don't want to use geohot's PUP.

Updated the NDS build to r6636. This makes some memory optimisations, which allow it to finish initialisation and start the main SRB2 loop, but it will now run out of memory shortly after trying to run the intro.

I was wondering if the people working on the NDS port know about the iPlayer or Supercard DSTwo. They both boast CPU and RAM that are far greater than the NDS itself. The CPU/RAM that is in the SCDS2 is apparently very similar to the Dingoo A320.

I was wondering if the people working on the NDS port know about the iPlayer or Supercard DSTwo. They both boast CPU and RAM that are far greater than the NDS itself. The CPU/RAM that is in the SCDS2 is apparently very similar to the Dingoo A320.

No, I do not believe any of us are planing to support flashcard based CPUs, just plain NDS and DSi mode.

meanwhile,
choose-save.png

New to the site, glad to be here. I'm having a bit of trouble loading the SRB2 files for the PS3 port version of the game. Every time after they load, the screen just freezes and the game wont continue. All the files are located in the internal HDD0 under USRDIR located in SRB2-PS3_

What I'm I doing wrong? Any insight appreciated.

EDIT: This is what it looks like after it attempts to load. Just a frozen screen.

picture0009l.jpg

Last edited:
New to the site, glad to be here. I'm having a bit of trouble loading the SRB2 files for the PS3 port version of the game. Every time after they load, the screen just freezes and the game wont continue. All the files are located in the internal HDD0 under USRDIR located in SRB2-PS3_

What I'm I doing wrong? Any insight appreciated.

EDIT: This is what it looks like after it attempts to load. Just a frozen screen.

No, you haven't done anything wrong. At the moment, I have no PS3, so I have no easy access to debugging it right now. Anyway, there is a probably a legitimate reason why this stops working now, but the text on the console won't scroll. I'll work on that soon, so we can actually see what's happening.

No, you haven't done anything wrong. At the moment, I have no PS3, so I have no easy access to debugging it right now. Anyway, there is a probably a legitimate reason why this stops working now, but the text on the console won't scroll. I'll work on that soon, so we can actually see what's happening.

Nice. Thanks for the quick response. Looking forward to a future update. :)

Actually, its funny how all these SRB2 ports spread =P My SRB2Wii Linux port is apparently spread around a bit as well.

Yeah, it's because of these ports that I found out about srb2 in the first place. I'm sure if you bring it on over to psx-scene.com where I am a member of going by the handle PuppetMaster, I'm sure it will grow in popularity really fast and be welcomed with open arms (well, by most members anyway) :P. I been following the ps3 scene since august of 2010 til present and there are no homebrew games anywhere near has complete as this one. Something to consider. :)

Brewology.com, psgroove.com as well as ps3crunch.com are a few other sites you should consider letting the word out about the ps3 port of srb2 as well. It will spread like wild fire. ;)

Last edited:
No, I do not believe any of us are planing to support flashcard based CPUs, just plain NDS and DSi mode.

meanwhile,
-snip-

Why not have two seperate things, then? =P

"SRB2NDS" - The really crashy one that never gets past the title screen
"SRB2DSi" - Four times the RAM, four times the crashes~ :D
"SRB2DS2" - Now eats your battery as fast as Sonic himself! :D

... I have no idea how you can get the RAM of the DS2 onto a game though. :< Although, that extra RAM is good for GBA emulation. :D GBA on my DSi ftw~

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back