Official Time Attack Records for 2.0.5+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I noticed something! If someone would have all this runs, "Best time-attack" would be under 14 mins.

Meh, I feel so dumb when I read my early posts in this page...

Well, I have three things to say:

1. Ors, you're a freaking fast speedrunner, congratulations.
2. I'm really working hard to beat this NAGZ time, but man, this is just an insane run!
3. Do you developers have any plans on improving this time-attack registering system (or whatever you call it)? I mean, it's kind of boring having to post my records here and in the wiki page at the same time.

Seems a fairly efficient way, but I still find it boring. Personally, I feel much more comfortable with Inuyasha's idea (sorry for my ignorance, I don't know what the "system similar to TSS's" means, but I liked the "automated" part):

http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=678487&postcount=58
http://mb.srb2.org/showpost.php?p=678489&postcount=60

An automated system where you just select/edit your record options (like in which category your record fit the most, with other details like time and etc...), upload your lump, put a link for your video (optional) and you're done. No wiki, no chances of someone editing something wrong, easy and fast.

But I don't know if this is viable, or even if it's viable, I don't know if the developers are willing to implement something like this.

An automated system where you just select/edit your record options (like in which category your record fit the most, with other details like time and etc...), upload your lump, put a link for your video (optional) and you're done. No wiki, no chances of someone editing something wrong, easy and fast.
I agree. The time-attacking would be much more fun for people who want to do things easily. But I have to ask this about Ring attack: Will it have a list "Official Ring Attack Records"? If yes, who is the winner after there's perfect bonus in each map?

The one with the fastest time, I guess.
I'll be honest in that I'm not sure the game even tries to tiebreak runs that way. You're probably better off not having a ring category for world records.

Also, it's one thing to rush in a 3-4 minute time attack. It's another to ask players to rush in a 20 minute perfect bonus attempt =P

I don't know, a very sadistic part of me thinks it would be kind of hilarious to watch speedrunners rush through the block maze in DSZ2 as fast as they can, trying to collect every single ring. =P

But you're right, if the game doesn't display the time for a ring record, it makes no sense to have a category for it. Nobody's gonna watch through a 20-minute recording just to see what the timer says at the end.

Don't worry people: we still have the score record. There are a lot of variables in a score record, including velocity: our score can be increased if we finish the level in a determined time. Sometimes (depending on the level) it could even compensate to finish the level faster, instead of killing every enemy... isn't it?

While score runs have actual variables involved in setting high scores even though they're theoretically solvable, time is almost certainly not going to be one of them. Most of my score runs have involved enemy kiting and clever use of Invincibility and Armageddon to stack up big chains, along with sometimes using the Perfect Bonus for another 50K.

Honestly, I'd like to think that that's even part of the point. Time records are for going fast. For score and rings you'll have to use a different, more methodical approach, and that's a good thing.

Ors, if you're planning to take a record from me, make sure you found every shortcut and make sure you made no mistakes. I won't accept any defeat, unless you own a perfect time.

NAGZ as Sonic in 2:41.97

Plus, Sonic now has the best time in NAGZ!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back