SRB2 v2.0.3 released! (For reals, this time!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzo

NOTE: PLEASE Redownload the EXE. We reuploaded it due to a critical error found shortly after release. Sorry for the inconvenience.

SRB2 v2.0.3 has been released. You can update your copy of SRB2 either via the launcher or via the updated EXE on srb2.org's download page.

Changelog:

BUGFIXES:
- Fixed an issue where physical chaos emeralds could be played in match/tag/ctf gametypes, instead of emerald spawns
- Fixed an exploit where single-player emeralds carried over to netplay
- Fixed various errors where a player could continue to move after HIDETIME hit 0 in tag
- Fixed spectators triggering shattering/crumbling blocks
- Fixed an error where SRB1 level select could not be unlocked
- Reverted to the old dynamic memory allocation system, in an attempt to alleviate a few errors that sprung thanks to the change
- Fixed numbering issue involving spectators at intermission
- Fixed an exploit where MT_EGGGUARD could be spawned in multiplayer modes
- Fixed an issue where servers were experiencing illegal colour changes from players on join
- Fixed a logic error pertaining to race scoring
- Fixed an error where some unstable resolutions were being displayed as stable
- Fixed lots of crashes related to MAP84, Twisted Terminal Zone
- Fixed lots of misc. SIGSEGV's that were reported
- Re-fixed the "zombie bug", where a player would be stuck in a death state while remaining solid
- Disable saving at the end of the credits sequence
- Removed upper bounds of cv_hidetime and cv_countdowntime
- Removed special stage tokens from time attack
- Removed a hardcoded delay for consistency protection packets

FEATURES:
- The enabling of cv_cheats has been made more obvious to players
- Team scrambling has been made now more obvious to players
- Moved the "ping" column in the server listing over to fix an issue with text overlapping
- Race rounds now end early if everyone who hasn't finished the race has left the game
- Shortened name displays when F12ing someone, to prevent overlap
- Added a "Scramble Teams" button to the main menu for servers to use
- Dead players are now transparent in TAB rankings

Get the updated EXE here!
Updater: Link

It is HIGHLY advised that you get the updater, to ensure your exe is up-to-date.

Re: SRB2 v2.0.3 released!

Spazzo said:
...You can update your copy of SRB2 either via the launcher...

updatetheupdater.png

Really now.

And attempting to contact that master server still makes my computer die, so I'm hoping for better in 2.0.4. The list of updates sounds pretty nice, though.

- Fixed an issue where physical chaos emeralds could be played in match/tag/ctf gametypes, instead of emerald spawns

Glaber, happy now?
IMO, it sounds like a bad idea to download the latest version now. Since most people aren't going to download this till tomorrow. D:

Autosaver said:

Glaber, happy now?

Yes! :D
This fixes a potential problem I found when I played the 1.1 leak. The problem now no longer has a chance to exist because of this version.

I'll try. I really don't want to get punched in the face by you again. (Some one pm'ed me that you wanted to do that)

The guys are trying as hard as they can, on their own time, to provide YOU with a FREE game. Show a little more respect for them, please.

Project Dark Fox said:
The guys are trying as hard as they can, on their own time, to provide YOU with a FREE game. Show a little more respect for them, please.

I already gave them my praise for the game. I just found the 2/3 bugfixes odd.

Spazzo said:

Huh? I have Level Select unlocked, and the new version still doesn't allow me to select the SRB1 levels in Level Select.

fawfulfan said:
Spazzo said:

Huh? I have Level Select unlocked, and the new version still doesn't allow me to select the SRB1 levels in Level Select.

Yeah, was about to say something about this. I still don't have that unlocked.

Start the whole game over. I have a feeling due to the fact you were unlocking it "2.0.0-2" it won't fix it.

The SRB1 level select should appear below the SRB1 remake option after you beat SRB1. The version shouldn't have anything to do with it.

Jazz said:
The SRB1 level select should appear below the SRB1 remake option after you beat SRB1. The version shouldn't have anything to do with it.

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought they were talking about the options wasn't appearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back