SRB2 v2.0.2 released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dell.com has brand new highish spec computers for $200.

I've ran XP on a 10 year old computer. It's literally not safe to run 9x on the Internet anymore. I hope you're not using IE5, or whatever comes with 98...

Kaysakado said:
Autosaver said:
I don't really get what SV_Cheat does?

Anyone got a clue?
That's CV_Cheat, autosaver. >_>

It's a variable that determines whether the game is modified or not, IIRC. (Not a console variable, an actual application variable, like grade)

Wrong.

It is a flag put on another console variable that requires the console variable "cheats" to be on in order to be modified. In the future, there will be a way to tell which servers have it activated before you even join them. That way you can avoid servers that are using cheats if you so desire.

In the case of the current version, you have to check the console to see if cheats are on. Obviously, I will be making this more intuitive in the future.

Random monitor toggles now triggers CV_CHEAT
Bleh.

There goes most of my fun, tuning with random monitor settings.

Looks like "CHEATS 1" is going in my dedicated autoexec. >_>

glaber said:
Autosaver said:
Also since when we're computers a few hundred dollars?
When they're from a Flea Market. The silly thing here is I'm serious.
I found a computer for $50 at a rummage sale once. No, really.
Also, why does fiddling with random monitor settings count as cheating? I appreciate servers I'm on to disable recycler and teleporter, they get really annoying sometimes.

Conic said:
dell.com has brand new highish spec computers for $200.

I've ran XP on a 10 year old computer. It's literally not safe to run 9x on the Internet anymore. I hope you're not using IE5, or whatever comes with 98...

But that's where you live. Dell.com always comes up with ads on TV, and the prices are about the 1200, while I plan to buy the best computer avaible so I can stay with it for other 7 years =P
BTW my computer cannot even run XP

So I guess I'll have to torrent 2.01 again. No problem, It's fast enough.

Alright, one thing that's always pissed me off about 1.09.4 was that it would frequently give my laptop sock errors in the middle of a netgame for no explicit reason. After 2.0, this all went away and netplay was much more stable for me, but ever since 2.0.2, I've now been experiencing frequent sock errors once again in completely the exact same fashion as before.

This clearly has something to do with the old memory management system, and I will loath the old memory management system forever unless something is done about how it handles netplay. I've put up with sock errors in 1.09.4 for too long, and I don't want to be experiencing them again when I know they can be avoided altogether with the new memory management. Please go back to the new one, or at least find a way to resolve the problem in the old memory management system if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back