Status
Not open for further replies.
Cue said:
shado said:
srb2kirbyo said:
Spazzo said:
Get the updated EXE here!

Screw that, I am using the Srb2update!
SRB2Update is buggy and actually downgrades your SRB2.
So no, use the link.

That was because SRB2 was updated to 2.0.1 without anyone updating the files on the updater repository. :3

That is a bug that you should fix, Cue. It shouldn't upgrade if the version number you have is greater than what the updater has.

Autosaver said:
I don't really get what SV_Cheat does?

Anyone got a clue?
That's CV_Cheat, autosaver. >_>

It's a variable that determines whether the game is modified or not, IIRC. (Not a console variable, an actual application variable, like grade)

Kaysakado said:
Autosaver said:
I don't really get what SV_Cheat does?

Anyone got a clue?
That's CV_Cheat, autosaver. >_>

It's a variable that determines whether the game is modified or not, IIRC. (Not a console variable, an actual application variable, like grade)

How would you know? *slapped Yeah, I was thinking about sigsev. >_>

But, why would it be added to monitors? O_o And what if people are using two different versions?
Edit:Screw my first question about monitors. I get it now. But I don't think a game should be considered modified if your making the game more "random"

Does someone have the SRB2 2.01 Srb2win.exe file here?
THE NEWEST VERSION DOES NOT WORK WITH WINDOWS 98 AND I CAN'T PLAY IT.

Come on, I'm so close to beating ACZ D=

Sonic Shadow said:
Does someone have the SRB2 2.01 Srb2win.exe file here?
THE NEWEST VERSION DOES NOT WORK WITH WINDOWS 98 AND I CAN'T PLAY IT.

Okay, why the hell are you running Windows 98?

Then upgrade! XP's pretty awesome, and Windows 7 is the next big thing. Also, Ubuntu 9.04 is pretty awesome.

Sonict said:
That is a bug that you should fix, Cue. It shouldn't upgrade if the version number you have is greater than what the updater has.

But if that's the case, won't the updater not be able to upgrade SRB2 past the point it currently is at?

Nev3r said:
I see no old save system. Glab3r is dissapointed >:(
Your spelling of my name like that more than makes up for it. It made me laugh.

Random monitor toggles now triggers CV_CHEAT
Wait. Checking Respawn randomly activates cheat protection? How does this affect mods with single player and multiplayer maps?

Chisuun said:
Then upgrade! XP's pretty awesome, and Windows 7 is the next big thing. Also, Ubuntu 9.04 is pretty awesome.

Um, not everyone has the choice to spend 1000's of dollars on stuff. XD

Autosaver said:
Chisuun said:

Um, not everyone has the choice to spend 1000's of dollars on stuff. XD
*Misplaced apostrophe
*Random emoticon
*Computers only cost a few hundred dollars unless you get a really high-tech gaming computer.

You don't know how to spell emotion, and you are fixing my issues? Jeez.
Edit:Great, I learned a word I didn't know. :D

Also since when we're computers a few hundred dollars? A decent one will be 500-700 dollars...

But serious on the issue, why would a BUG fix not work on his PC?
Sonic Shadow, 2.0.1 Is on the main website. Just don't download the 2.0.2 patch.

Autosaver said:
You don't know how to spell emotion, and you are fixing my issues? Jeez.

Also since when we're computers a few hundred dollars? A decent one will be 500-700 dollars...

Sonic Shadow, 2.0.1 Is on the main website. Just don't download the 2.0.2 patch.

emoticon = smiley

Kaysakado, you're being a real hardass.

Autosaver said:
2.0.2 isn't a simple bug fix, it completely changed the memory system. If 2.0.2 doesn't work, but 2.0 and 2.0.1 do, then I guess that's the problem.

Try running an even older version and see if it works. If it doesn't, reverting the memory system back to what it was before 2.0 is most likely the problem.

glaber said:
Random monitor toggles now triggers CV_CHEAT
Wait. Checking Respawn randomly activates cheat protection? How does this affect mods with single player and multiplayer maps?

No, changing the various monitor toggles (force shield, super rings, etc) require cheats to be activated.

CV_CHEAT is not the same as single player cheat protection. It is basically the netgame equivilant of the single player cheat protection. It governs SETRINGS, SETLIVES, etc as well as random monitor weights and RESPAWNITEMTIME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back