SRB2 Ports list (outdated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do use opengl on mac version of srb2 i really want to use md2 modelsbut i have a mac power pc so i cannot get wineskin please help

---------- Post added at 04:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 AM ----------

how do i use md2 models on srb2mac without wineskin

help with Opengl mode

Hi i have been looking for srb2 1.0 for mac because I love md2 models and i cant use them on 2.1 .Can you please help me or tell me how OPENGL mode works on mac thank you

Last edited:
I don't think OpenGL works on Intel Macs on any version of SRB2, I am unsure of PowerPC however. You need to launch SRB2mac from the terminal for OpenGL. (If you need help with the terminal here is a good guide). Navigate within the terminal to the directory where SRB2 is located and enter "open Srb2mac.app --args -opengl".

my terminal is not in my utilities folder

for some reason i do not have terminal any more and i got iterm but when i type open Srb2mac.app--arg -opengl it always says no such file can you give me a little more help akirahedgehog

Last edited:
for some reason i do not have terminal blah blah blah
To make your life easier, you can install Go2Shell. It opens a Terminal window with "working directory" set to currently opened folder in Finder program (that program where you browse and look for files). After you install that Go2Shell correctly you can open the folder where your SRB2 is stored, then press an icon of that program. Then just type "open Srb2mac.app --arg -opengl" without quotes.
As for me Srb2mac just lags as hell in software rendering mode, while OpenGL just does not work.

Last edited:
hi dose any one have SRB2 1.09.4 mac i have been looking every where for it can some one please help me or give me a link to it please

Could you make a new patch for the latest version of, "Sonic Robo Blast 2" please?

-Thanks for reading my message and I would be very happy if you could do this. :-)

Y'ello. Alam, the Mac port is still at 2.1.8. Will you be updating the Mac port to 2.1.10 anytime soon, or are you waiting for this batch of patches to finish first?

Hello. Excuse my stupidity, but how does the Linux port work? What version is it? If it's an outdated version, of SRB2, can I update it normally, with the patchs released at www.srb2.org, like I'd do with the Windows version?

Help

How i get the lasted version (2.1.11) for ubuntu 14.04 64 bits. I installed using "apt-get install srb2" and installed version 2.0.6. On the website the latest version is only available for Windows.

Excuse me for my English, I only know to speak Portuguese.

maxwellaguiarsilva, I have Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit as well. If you want a more recent version, look at the first post in this thread. His goes up to 2.1.8, so you can't play online, unfortunately, but you get the new levels on single-player, and you can run custom WADS meant for 2.1.

One caveat, though. On linux, in 2.1.8, the game crashes on the final boss of Castle Eggman Zone. The bug was fixed after the release of it, but the patch didn't make it into the game until the next version. Strangely, this bug was only in the linux version, though, so Win32 versions didn't have that issue. So, after all that's been said, you'll probably have to compile from source to be able to complete the game without using DEVMODE to skip that fight.

Alas, I can't get the newer versions of srb2 to compile at all. Last time I successfully compiled it was 2.1.8 + the patch to fix the crashing.

But, to be totally honest, running the Windows version using wine in linux offers the best experience, even better than using it on real Windows 7! In running both linux game on linux pc OR windows game on windows pc, v-sync doesn't work correctly for me in full screen mode, no matter what settings I set in game or on my NVIDIA OR Intel card (I have an Optimus setup on my laptop). The tearing is horrible in levels like GFZ act 2 with those patterns all over the walls.

But running in wine + using the virtual desktop option and setting it to your monitor's full-screen size + using compiz as your window manager = you can run full-screen with no tearing, and no loss in performance. ^_^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back