SRB2 2.0.X Bug Reports (Pre-2.0.5)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHOA...I just found a BIG game-wide rendering problem. I don't know if the devs are aware of it or not, and if they are, whether they care about it...but it can REALLY make your level ugly if you aren't careful.

Look at this screenshot of a level from Tortured Planet, Drowned Downtown Zone Act 1:

w1e2ps.png

Now, notice what happens when a water block is applied to that sector.

dw6yjm.png

It seems that whenever a water block is applied to a sector which borders the thok barrier, it stops the level from rendering anything beyond the inner wall of the thok barrier. This might occur with other FOFs, too, but I haven't checked.

This is a known bug (to me, at least). If a sector has equal floor and ceiling height, and an adjacent sector has a different tag than it (light level might work too, I think), nothing will be drawn past the linedef where the two sectors meet. You can see this in GFZ1, near the end where there's an FOF connected directly to the sky.

It's an annoying bug, but not one you can't work around -- simply don't have a thok barrier between the player and something you want him to be able to see... Use the fake floor/ceiling special to raise the actual ceiling up to the neighboring sectors' ceiling height, yet still block players from going through it.

This is a (hopefully) popular Sigsegv problem, and i once stated it, that i knew the problem, but realized i was wrong, and just found the REAL problem from testing it...posting it just in case, if this gets forgotten and/or gets wrongly fixed...or whatever...

EIP=0048c912

Sigsegvs everytime you use CSAY longer then 100 characters, regardless of the number of line breaks (\)

I receive a "signal_handler(): segment violation" upon attempting to start the game in Windows 7. I have no addons for SRB2; it is the vanilla 2.0.4 version as downloaded/updated from the main site. While I have played SRB2 (version 1.?), I have not done so on this computer.

Did you try running SRB2 in XP compatibility mode? (Assuming that's in Win 7)

EIP=00424246 when the map tries to change during race intermission. There were over 10 players in the game and we were using the March/April 2010 contest pack.

Well, I wouldn't actually consider this a bug, but it pisses me off nonetheless.

Not all of SRB2.SRB's patches are actually in the TEXTURE1 lump. Try using AYR1, you'll see.

If you die in race during the Splat countdown, the music changes back to normal.

If a round of CTF ends and someone who was carrying the flag exits the game during intermission, you receive a message that that person dropped the flag.

eggman castle here in act one, is a mistake, you will have to fix it.
10p1t9j.png

for when the 2.0.5 version, there is no need to have more errors.

This is probably a known bug or whatever, but if you go to secrets and choose Level Select or one of the bonus levels, the chosen character moves improperly. I do know in 1.09.4, the Botanic Serenity had that kind of movement on purpose. But on 2.04, if you use level select or play one of the bonus levels, that's how he/she moves. I hope ya know what I mean.

Ceiling Spikes are glitched.

1) visual: gap between the spikes and the ceiling:

http://img46.imageshack.us/i/srb20037.png/

2) if GOD on, the character gets "stuck" in the spikes:

http://img52.imageshack.us/i/srb20038.png/

3) if the character gets unstuck (by using NOCLIP, for instance), the spikes are "released" from the ceiling and can lay on the moving FOF:

http://img12.imageshack.us/i/srb20039.png/

4) if GOD off, the ceiling releases the spikes and the character gets "crushed" by the spikes no matter how many rings he holds.

You can see this "bug" in my wad. Start the level and get the right path. The first room with moving beams, you'll see some spikes in the ceiling. Have fun. =D

Oh man, here's a big one: Object Flip doesn't work properly for springs. The sprite and gravity of the spring gets reversed, but the direction of the springing stays the same. Normally this isn't a problem, because Yellow and Red Springs have ceiling counterparts and thus there is no need to apply Object Flip to them, but this really creates problems if you need to flip a Blue Spring.

I recall someone fixing this a while ago ~Inuyasha

Last edited by a moderator:
EIP=0048d0c9 After like a hundred forty nine thousand c kicks I got this thing in my errorlog. And also, I'm gonna try again a million fifty five times to get online -.-'

Closing this bug report topic since it now has 20 pages of outdated bug reports, just making things extremely difficult to sift through. I'll open a new one in just a bit (despite 2.0.5 not being officially released yet; I just don't want to have to remember it later).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back